The 2nd Acca Daccan National Ball

Acca Dacca

"Always in time for wine indeed, drink?"

Lucas had reached Hannah through the crowd with a cup of wine in one hand and a glass of whiskey for himself. He handed off the glass to Hannah. He looked at Valkarie and said,

"If you'd excuse me I'd like to talk to her privately."

He took a sip of his whiskey to see if she would approve. When she nodded, he turned to Hannah. He looked at her in a the light of a dance floor. The music was a little too loud so he moved closer to her.

"Hello Hannah, glad to see you are still alive. Might I say you look rather lovely tonight."

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside the entrance to Tintagyl Hall Liska Atka is having an animated conversation with a laptop computer.

Again you tell me I’m attending a minor diplomatic function, again I’m at the yearly Acca Dacca National ball in my school uniform.

Yearly national ball my Castro Hat, it hasn’t been three months since the last one.

Aren’t you the one who observed that time passes differently in accordance with cartographic boundaries?

That doesn’t mean I’m going to go to a yearly spectacle every three months.

That’s because you’re a boring old man.

This is awesome, I’ll be able to attend twelve yearly Acca Dacca National Balls before I finish High School. Six Acca Dacca National Balls from now I should be able to wear that dress; I’ll be six Acca Dacca years older, therefore I’ll be in my Acca Dacca twenties.

Time spent in Acca Dacca won’t effect your actual age, you should know better than anyone else it’s called Liska’s Observation after all.

Not until you’re eighteen Procinctia-Transvaal-Vinland, sorry.

Foiled by my own scientific inquiry, but at least I’m here without you.

Just because I’m letting you attend this sort of even unaccompanied don’t mean you shouldn’t remain constantly vigilant. Remember that all international events have the potential to be deathtraps, be aware of potential Tintagyl Hall’s potential points of withdrawal. At your request you don’t have a security detail today, so if there is an actual emergency do whatever it takes to survive; be ready to use ballroom staff, bystanders, diplomatic officials, and functionaries as decoys/distractions/human shields – their survival is ultimately less important than your own. Stay sharp for terrorist, particularly Dark Hand, activity. Also be on the lookout for Martens, he’s probably up to something. Ninjas, be aware you aren’t aware of them. Be sure not trust anyone to prepare food or drink for you, those people are situated perfectly to get you. Try to be aware of foreign spies, their positions can be both advantageous and extremely dangerous.

I would prefer you not drink alcohol yet, but be especially sure not trust anyone to prepare food or drink for you, those people are situated perfectly to get you. Dancing fine, but don’t try trading physical intimacy for a diplomatic advantage - - -

*Click*

Liska powers down the laptop, followed shortly thereafter by several violently destructive yet incredibly therapeutic kicks destroying the computer completely. Deciding the destroyed derelict device was someone else’s problem Liska enters the event enthusiastically refreshed.

Laptop.jpg

Generalissimo, on a Laptop

Liska.jpg

Liska Atka, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs/acting Minister of Foreign Affairs

Edited by Generalissimo

Valeria smiled and withdrew from the couple while Hannah stepped it towards Lucas, taking the wine glass from his hand. "Oh, so now you're the gentleman I see." She chuckled. "The first time I meet you and explaining to me how I'm going to die and that I'm just a bit off from an arrogant abomination. You you still seem to be mentioning my imminent death and all, not exactly the most romantic thing you could do." Drawing a bit closer her green eyes burning brightly. "But thank you for the compliment, glad to know that we can actually get along in public to show you that I'm not that big of a !@#$%*." Putting her right hand out towards his own.

He grabbed ahold of her hand, and leaned back to place his glass down upon a table. He then retreated himself to the dance floor. He twirled Hannah lightly towards him. He caught her at the waste, and lifted her other hand to shoulder height. A soft melody led them into a slow dance, where they began to chat: "The first time I met you, I believe I made the wrong impression. Do you mind if we start over? "

A song began to start up. That of the quickstep genre. He smiled at the woman in his arms and said, "You might want to hold on."

He lead his partner into a quarter step followed by a progressive chasse...

The attendants of the ball would hear, if they were listening, a rumbling engine, and the screeching of tires. Then, they would hear loud rock music, and then silence, with a less loud car noise driving off into the distance.

Outside the hall, a red convertible could be seen and heard speeding up the main thoroughfare to the venue. The car, a Volvo, had two occupants: Erik Betrakte and Vince Sixx. Both were arguing, as two adolescent leaders should be.

"Slow down! We're in a foreign country! This isn't the speedway in Moldova!"

"Shut up Vinzent," Erik said while rounding a corner very sharply, "We have foreign plates and I drive very safely."

"Albiet fast. Why is it that you're always the one driving?"

"The last time you drove a car was my Subaru, and I think all of Crimea has seen what happened."

"It was raining, shut up."

The car came screeching to a halt outside the hall, and Erik flipped the valet a tip in local currency. He wore a black blazer, a white t-shirt, black jeans, and black dress shoes. It was as formal as Erik ever got without wearing a military uniform. Vince, however, wore a black and blue tuxedo.

"You look like a bruise, mein freund," Erik said in his thick Scandinavian accent.

"You look like a slob."

"It's settled, we look like !@#$," Erik laughed as he walked into the door.

"Why are we here?" Vince asked, following Erik through the place.

"Well, many philosophers have tried to answer that, Vinzent. I think it's for a purpose of higher understanding."

"No, at the ball, snowman."

"To meet the leaders of today. The geopolitical structure has changed quite a bit."

"But neither of us can dance."

"Nonsense, I've seen it on TV before. All you do is grab their hands and wiggle."

Erik looked around while drinking a glass of coca-cola. Ah, I love the American cuisine. He spotted someone who looked like Hannah Asgeirsson. "Vinzent, look, it's the leader of the new Hansa. Let's go have some diplomatic relations."

"Goddamnit Erik. I don't want to be here."

As far as she could remember Liska always wanted to attend a ball, from Kiska’s stories of weaving society and diplomacy into a single elegant night of dance it quickly escalated to a little girl’s fantasy. Last year in this very building was Liska’s first such event, both Acca Dacca’s arrangement and Tintagyl Hall’s splendor rivaled her girlhood dreams. . . it should have been everything she had hoped.

Reentering Tintagyl Hall could have been nostalgic, but Generalissimo’s now legendary drinking contest with Kintobor was only the beginning. . . Generalissimo crashed the night, and next few days at the Tintagyl Hall.

It was enough to drive a girl to drink, and between the buffets and waiting staff wine flowed like water. Fortunately today with all the dancing, intense social interactions, and new arrivals it might be possible that no one would notice a single under-aged minister sneaking a drink. Liska made her way to the buffet and helped herself to a glass of wine. . .

Vikram noticed the small girl trying to flit about unnoticed and something seemed to go "click" in his mind. He has heard intelligence reports that Procincitia had some very young ministers.

So he slowly edged closer to the girl and said, " Are you Procinctia's Foreign Minister, Liska Atka? If you are not, please do not tell anyone I asked you that question!"

The man that entered Tintagyl Hall next was not at all sharply dressed. A long dark grey coat hung from his shoulders, and flapped open at the front revealing a similarly dark grey military style uniform underneath. Both looked like they should be filled with more than just the man's physical frame. As well made as it was it was evident that the uniform was for 'active' use, and had been pressed into a formal occasion simply by removing the important items it contained. The complete lack of rank, unit, and nationality on the uniform was the main oddity about it.

Stopping to be checked at the door for weapons, and to turn over the heavy, empty, coat. Taking the time to look over the other guests he almost ignored the person asking for his name, and country of representation.

He Mumbles out "Captain Cor Ina'rh, Representing Dranagg.."

Edited by Tahsir Re

Constance smiles at the Queen and sips a little of her wine,

"Annihilation.. Is in the rebuilding stage. We will have a new leader soon, and a better country. I am helping the new leader to rebuild, and I'm sure we will be happy to engage in diplomatic and economic pacts in the future."

Constance looked around, her blonde hair creating a contrast against her figure hugging halter-neck dress.

"Any decent looking guys around here? I feel like letting loose and dancing and maybe having some fun..."

Vikram noticed the small girl trying to flit about unnoticed and something seemed to go "click" in his mind. He has heard intelligence reports that Procincitia had some very young ministers.

So he slowly edged closer to the girl and said, " Are you Procinctia's Foreign Minister, Liska Atka? If you are not, please do not tell anyone I asked you that question!"

Liska identified Vikram immediately and tried to respond in a manner that would allow her to continue her previous pursuit. "As both Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs and acting Minister of Foreign Affairs of Procinctia’s Foreign Office, Senior Commodore of the Procinctian Navy, the only member of Generalissimo’s cabinet, one half of Procinctia’s current government, and a scientist co-credited for the discovery of cartographic-temporal relativity I suppose I am. It’s both an honor and privilege making acquaintance with an individual of your distinguish, let’s talk about it over this obviously a glass of punch in a wineglass I’m about to drink." Edited by Generalissimo

"Phew! I almost thought I made a fool of myself or worse started a diplomatic incident! Truly honored, Ms. Atka! So how is life in the Generalissimo's cabinet?"
Liska thought desperately, processing a mental thesaurus, to phrase this in a manner appropriate for polite company.

“Active, life in Generalissimo’s cabinet is never dull. Generalissimo lives vicariously? Yes. . . vicariously, and demands the same from his staff.

Between school and managing half a government I’m always on the go, although there are times I feel like someone who was drafted involuntarily.”

Edited by Generalissimo

"So, how come Generalissimo himself has not come? I was rather hoping to meet him. You see, Generalissimo has a sort of cult following in our Foreign Ministry."
That was enough for Liska to down her drink and reached for another, “Eh? You’re not joking are you? Sorry, it’s a little different from what. . .

I should have known though, Generalissimo has a ridiculous fan following outside Procinctia; while not nearly rivaling Sarah or Martens, he doesn’t have a significant hatedom either. . . he’s often regarded by foreign media as more of a curiosity than statesman.

Generalissimo’s not here tonight because he’s more than a little infatuated with his recent cartographic-temporal relativity discovery.

Since the press conference he’s been wearing a lab coat over his paramilitary uniform, donning goggles, and yelling ‘for Science’ near randomly.”

Edited by Generalissimo

"In Cochin we view eccentricity with respect and not with disdain. You should see my uncle during his monthly weekend vacations to the Himalayas. Quite a far cry from the suit clad cosmopolitan look that he exhibits to the international crowds or the plain shirt and dhoti style he uses at home. "

"By the way what is this cartographic-temporal relativity discovery?"

He grabbed ahold of her hand, and leaned back to place his glass down upon a table. He then retreated himself to the dance floor. He twirled Hannah lightly towards him. He caught her at the waste, and lifted her other hand to shoulder height. A soft melody led them into a slow dance, where they began to chat: "The first time I met you, I believe I made the wrong impression. Do you mind if we start over? "

A song began to start up. That of the quickstep genre. He smiled at the woman in his arms and said, "You might want to hold on."

He lead his partner into a quarter step followed by a progressive chasse...

One thing that Hannah was not, was a dancer. She clumsily followed Lucas across the dance floor tripping up on her feet throughout the entire tune with the sounds of the Big Band Era only confusing her further. The Potentate could waltz, maybe even a slower form of more passionate dances, but to be honest it was something that she never bothered to pick up and as they ran across the floor, she hastily trying not to fall flat on her face, there was scarce room to actually talk. Finally, after a few minutes of working up a minor sweat from the sudden explosion of energy, they returned to a slower step that the girl could at least manage. Hannah smiled as she kept her hands around the young man's shoulders.

"One would think, that for all my 'gifts' I would be at least able to dance. The Eggmans must have conveniently left that part out of the process." Looking back up, her emerald eyes shimmered back into his own. "Well yes, you did make the wrong impression, but I believe we're both at fault here Lucas, I just don't take kindly to people being surprisingly let into my quarters. Its not so much a matter of paranoia or anything, just something I picked up from the military, I would just rather know what's going on in front of me than be surprised, 'Type A' Personality and all."

Hannah sighed and dropped her eyes. "But yeah, starting over would be just fine. You can tell me a little bit about yourself and then you might ask me a question about my past and history and move on from there. Truthfully Lucas, I'm not a !@#$%*, at least not all the time. I can't help it that I hate this world and nearly everyone in it. Its the people that stick out, people that at least try to do a bit of good that I enjoy their company and even then." She chuckled. "I still have a hard shell to crack."

Lance, who was getting impatient from Shiznay's apparent unresponsiveness, finally decided that Shiznay wasn't even aware of his surroundings. Lance and Maylene proceeded back to their table, but stopped when Lance spotted Queen Ava of Acca Dacca. Lance walked towards the Queen and introduced himself and Maylene.

Cor hated balls like this. A collection of blue bloods of all types. If he hadn't still be paying penance for failing his most important mission he wouldn't be forced to go to these things. He could be back at the tavern the company had made their own, enjoying a quiet drink away from all of this political nonsense and royal foolishness. He would just have to treat this like reconnaissance. Dull, but important.

He merged into a crowd of people by the buffet. At least he could have a drink and a bite to eat while here.

Cor hated balls like this. A collection of blue bloods of all types. If he hadn't still be paying penance for failing his most important mission he wouldn't be forced to go to these things. He could be back at the tavern the company had made their own, enjoying a quiet drink away from all of this political nonsense and royal foolishness. He would just have to treat this like reconnaissance. Dull, but important.

He merged into a crowd of people by the buffet. At least he could have a drink and a bite to eat while here.

OOC: Well, nuts. My character would greet yours if he wasn't still waiting for Kevz to respond...:P

"In Cochin we view eccentricity with respect and not with disdain. You should see my uncle during his monthly weekend vacations to the Himalayas. Quite a far cry from the suit clad cosmopolitan look that he exhibits to the international crowds or the plain shirt and dhoti style he uses at home. "

"By the way what is this cartographic-temporal relativity discovery?"

"You should see how I dress when the occasion is informal. Black cutoff leather vest over a black long sleeve shirt, complete with baggy dark jeans and tennis shoes. I even used to have a mohawk."

Anzhelina piped in, "He did." She flipped open her cell phone and showed Vikram and Liska a picture of James wearing the clothes he'd described, complete with a black and white spiked mohawk. James grimaced.

"I still have a little of the white dye left in my hair," he said, turning around and showing a thin, jagged white line across the back of his hair. "Eccentric enough?"

Shiznay walked over to Lance.

"I apologize for not speaking, I have a bad habit of zoning out a lot when I am in deep thought. Please forgive me. How are you doing Lance, and you Maylene?"

OOC:Didn't really post in this thread, busy w/ other topics.

Haruhi, Sakuya and Yuki all walked into the ball rather quietly. Their presence here was to be solemn, and they had all planned to just enjoy the festivities mildly and proceed along with the evening. Haruhi spotted out two familiarly known personas in the room, Amy and Liska. It even appeared to her and Sakuya both that this place could function well to get some diplomatic ventures out of the way.

Yuki sat down, and grabbed a drink, however Haruhi walked over to Amy and curtsied jokingly.

"And so we meet once again, my friend."

She smiled, and watched Sakuya walk in another direction, towards the supposed leader of the Hanseatic Commonwealth that was rumored to be here. She decided to keep a distance however, but make herself noticeable to the General.

Shiznay walked over to Lance.

"I apologize for not speaking, I have a bad habit of zoning out a lot when I am in deep thought. Please forgive me. How are you doing Lance, and you Maylene?"

OOC:Didn't really post in this thread, busy w/ other topics.

OoC: It's okay. ;)

IC:

"Ah, finally you noticed us. It's okay, I sometimes do the same thing," said Lance as he shook Shiznay's hand. "Everything's quite okay, though I've been a bit busy thanks to the recent elections. How's everything in Kitex?"

Maylene also shook Shiznay's hand. "Nice to meet you. Everything's going fine on our end."

"I still have a little of the white dye left in my hair," he said, turning around and showing a thin, jagged white line across the back of his hair. "Eccentric enough?"
The newcomer’s (although they had never met Liska know of James by reputation alone, reputation and Wikipedia) self-confessed claims of unconventionality didn’t impress Liska, in her experience (quite contrary to Cochin’s perspective) eccentric leaders were never a good thing, but badly dyed hair didn’t constitute Generalissimo-esque psychosis. Having received ‘I can stare down Tahoe’s best’ training from Jameson, Liska could easily conceal how underwhelming she felt it.

Liska politely nodded, following the conversation whilst taking small sips from her wineglass (mission accomplished – underage drinking 02, fun police 00).

Edited by Generalissimo

The newcomer’s (although they had never met Liska know of James by reputation alone, reputation and Wikipedia) self-confessed claims of unconventionality didn’t impress Liska, in her experience (quite contrary to Cochin’s perspective) eccentric leaders were never a good thing, but badly dyed hair didn’t constitute Generalissimo-esque psychosis. Liska politely nodded, following the conversation whilst taking small sips from her wineglass (mission accomplished – underage drinking 02, fun police 00).

A police officer entered the ball room and tapped Liska on the shoulder. "May I see some ID, please? You look underaged."

OOC: Fun police 01. :awesome: