The 2nd Acca Daccan National Ball

Acca Dacca

She turned to James, dressed in a simple suit and said,

"Thank you! It was built for events like this. Its nice to see people happy and away from the blunders and shenanigans of the outside world's poltics for even several moments. Sure, it is usualyl the topic at hand at these sort of things with these sort of people but its not the same type of work. Its a social event and I glad you have come.

Out of the corner of her eye, Ava spotted someone familiar behind the Queen of Zargathia. Her mother. Her heart jumped with glee for a moment but realized she was in a public setting and had to remain on the legant side for the most part. She calmed herself and looked to the people around her,

"If you would all excuse me for just a moment."

Her walk turned into a quick jog as she made her way quickly to her mother. She gave her a big hug and smiled.

"I am so glad you made it mother, I missed you so much. Its been alot of work and I didnt know if I'd get to see you tonight."

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vikram was pleased to see the King James of Caucasia and said, "It is been great, Your Majesty! And you are truly resplendent, Your Excellency," Vikram said while bowing to Queen Anzhelina.

Anzhelina smiled. "Thank you, Your Majesty."

"We can drop the formalities if you'd like," James said. "This isn't a political conference. May we call you Vikram?"

Valeria and Hannah both stood together a bit off from the main dance floor as the Acca Daccan servants criss-crossed the floor along with the various world leaders who had already arrived. They stood each with a glass of red wine in their hands, eying each leader up silently and nonchalantly as not to bring any such attention to themselves. Later of course they would have to see the Queen to commend her for such festivities, but at the moment there was already a large group surrounding the Acca Daccan Queen, so the two Hanseatic women would bide their time until a better opportunity was presented to them.

"Such a mass group, I barely know any of them at all." Said Valeria as she brought the wine up to her lips.

"Its not hard." Hannah said throwing back the glass, letting the liquid slide down her throat. "And I'm sure in time you'll get to know most everyone here on a personal level. Trust me Valeria, I'm pretty new to all this as well, I was never much into the diplomatic part of governance. Though I do know the Zargathian Queen a bit more personal than the other leaders here, but that is really only because I served in Zargathia after the fall of Yamato a few years back. But other than here, I know the Cochin Prince was one of Lady Sarah's chamberlains at a point and we almost fought the woman calling herself Queen Valkyrie."

Valeria chuckled. "We have a lot of work to do don't we?"

"Eh nothing extremely pressing. We're here to enjoy ourselves Valeria not to talk diplomacy I want you to enjoy yourself and not worry about anyone else. But come, lets try to wiggle our way towards Ava, that is one thing we do have to do." But with the large group around the Queen the Hanseatics moved slowly across the floor, laughing as they did, their white faces filling with the blush of the evening.

"But of course, Sir. You must forgive me, I have not been to many diplomatic balls outside the Kingdom, an inexperience which would elicit a bit awkwardness from me."

Vikram said smiling slightly awkwardly.

James blinked, wrapping his head around Vikram's vocabulary for a second. "I see. This is the second one for me. The last one I went to was...I dunno, I think Pax Pacis. I ended up in a drinking contest with Generalissimo from Procinctia and Kintober from the Eggman Empire. None of us remember who won." He chuckled, taking a sip of his drink. "You can call me James, by the way."

"And I'm Anzhelina," the queen added. "I don't think I ever introduced myself properly."

"Drinking contest with Generalissimo and Kintobor? My God! That must have been epic. My uncle has been for a long time been fascinated by Procinctia and its enigmatic ruler. Do you know if he would be coming here?"

Amyante greeted Megan when she spotted her, and was about to strike up a conversation when Ava walked by to hug the PRC diplomat. Catching the words 'mother', she decided it would be better to wait and instead looked around to see if there was anyone else she recognized and wasn't yet talking to someone.

Amyante greeted Megan when she spotted her, and was about to strike up a conversation when Ava walked by to hug the PRC diplomat. Catching the words 'mother', she decided it would be better to wait and instead looked around to see if there was anyone else she recognized and wasn't yet talking to someone.

"Miss Amyante?" The Zargathian Queen would hear out of the side of her ear before turning around to see both Hanseatic representatives, Lady Hannah and Lady Valeria staring at her with their bright green eyes. Hannah smiled and bowed her head slightly. "I never got the chance to really meet one of our successors in person since the fall of the Tintagylian Regime. I trust things are going well in Manchuria and all. Also, please let me introduce the Hanseatic Foreign Minister, Lady Valeria Sangral."

Valeria smiled and offered her own hand out to the Queen. "The pleasure is mine Miss Amyante."

Hannah sighed. "You know its sometimes depressing to see so much having had changed in just three years time. Trying to live in ages past and all that you know?"

Standing next to a pillar near the buffet, wearing a simple black tux with a bowtie, Lucas Perry had Jameson on the rocks. He enjoyed the taste of it just like his twin, and this is one of the few places he could drink on the job. He smirked at the people attempting to dance. Yet, his eyes surveyed the area for someone, as if he were searching. His search came ot an end when he caught a glimps of Hannah. They exchanged a quick glance, then Lucas returned to his drink.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ava held onto her mother.

"Mother, I would never forget you. Everything here is fine. I am fine. How are you? Any boyfriends?"

The Queen smirked at her mother.

The Queen Valkyrie smiled at Ava's comment on her armour and was about to reply when someojne interrupted their conversation, starting their own as if they had no regard for the Queen Valkyrie. Fighting the urge to strike the impertinent whelp with her lance the Queen Valkyrie's hands turned white with pressure beneath her armour and to avoid causing an incident she stormed away her armoured footsteps ringing out loudly across the ballroom floor.

Making her way swiftly and forcefully through the crowd using her armoured bulk as a means to push through she came to a varied selection of food and drinks. Needing something to take her mind off of the incident that had just occured she began to pile food in a heap on the plate mainly focusing on different types of meat though she did include some pieces of lettuce as a side.

Satisified with her choice of food the Queen Valkyrie rested her lance against the table the weight of the weapon causing it to dip slightly, pulling up a seat she sat down crossing her legs and content to eat the odd piece of meat everynow and then whilst she watched the rest of the guests interact with one another. If anyone wanted to talk to her she wouldn't be too hard to find being the only person attending in full plate armour.

President Shiznay entered in an tuxedo and with a stunning blonde at his side.

Lance stood up from his table and strode over to where Shiznay was standing and offered his hand. "Hello. You must be the Kitexian President. I'm Lance Pikachurin, and this is my wife, Maylene. It's nice to meet you."

Maylene smiled. "Ah, yes, it's also nice to meet you."

"Miss Amyante?" The Zargathian Queen would hear out of the side of her ear before turning around to see both Hanseatic representatives, Lady Hannah and Lady Valeria staring at her with their bright green eyes. Hannah smiled and bowed her head slightly. "I never got the chance to really meet one of our successors in person since the fall of the Tintagylian Regime. I trust things are going well in Manchuria and all. Also, please let me introduce the Hanseatic Foreign Minister, Lady Valeria Sangral."

Valeria smiled and offered her own hand out to the Queen. "The pleasure is mine Miss Amyante."

Hannah sighed. "You know its sometimes depressing to see so much having had changed in just three years time. Trying to live in ages past and all that you know?"

Amyante turned her head to the side, noticing both representatives of the Hanseatic Commonwealth though she only really recognized Hannah from the pictures of her that she had requested after the Hanseats had returned to the world stage. She shook hands with both of them before turning to Hannah.

- "Ah yes, i believe you were the one i've written a few letters to. Still, i've never seen myself as Sarah's successor. Zargathia is Zargathia, though our styles of leadership seem to have a lot in common... Yes, i believe 'any similarities are purely coincidental' would describe it nicely."

She smiled at the both of them. It truly hadn't been her intention of imitating anybody, she was who she was. While a lot of nations had been calling her the 'successor state of the Hanseatic Commonwealth' she hadn't claimed that title herself, and in hindsight that had been a good decision as it would likely have made talks with the true Commonwealth unnecessarily confusing.

Constance sighed as she ambled her way out of the car and into the Tintagyl Hall. Here, all of the royal families, kings, queens, presidents were under one roof. It was then that she realised that not many people would recognise her.

Spotting the young queen, Constance walked over to her calmly and held out her hand, bowing her head as she made sure who she was representing.

"My Queen... My name is Constance Walker, and I am the representative from Annihilation. I hope you heard of the news of the passing of Madame Unicorn.. I am here to represent our new leader, who could not be with us."

Constance smiled, turning around briefly to pick up a glass of wine from the nearest table. This was going to be a long night.

Hannah chuckled. "No harm, no foul Miss Amyante. The world likes to title nations, they would rather title you certain ways so as not have to take the time to really get to know you nation. The most important thing indeed is to try and be of an independent mind. But any country who takes care of Hanseatic Finns or Welsh will always have our support. You are our brothers and sisters in a way Amyante so I do hope when you consider your allies that you still consider the motherland as a protector."

Valeria chimed in after taking a sip from her glass. "But how are things? I know Asia has been through quite a depression with the collapse of the Dragons, though in all things considered, I think that its best for the continent."

"It has always been a policy of the Commonwealth to resist hegemony and I can assure you both." Hannah tapped Valeria's shoulder. "That will not be changing under a new regime. We just have to hope that the other two great alliances do not follow down the same paths. Nevertheless, there have been thoughts of integrating the Hanseatic ethnic groups which are spread over East Asia more closely. Nothing to the extent that Yamato took with their Kyos, literally what seemed to be the force calling back. But something that we would like to keep an eye on."

"We'd hope you'd be able to think about a bit of furthering relations Miss Amyante. Sisters should not be separated." Valeria smiled, her eyes nearly glowing green from the lights above.

Amyante thought on Hannah's words for a few seconds, thinking of the possible consequences that would have on her own nation.

- "Well, i can't speak for the other nations, but the Hanseatics that came with me are mostly farmers from Rathlin, in Taeunas. Quite a bit of Zargathia's agriculture comes from their hands i believe, and they make up about twenty percent of my population. Originally i felt the Hanseatic factions that somehow resented Sarah for what happened ended up following me instead, though with the arrival of others after the Commonwealth disbanded seems to have mellowed them down somewhat."

- "As for Asia... It was a good thing the AUP started up when it did. Though i hadn't counted on it becoming the leading bloc in Asia this soon, it ended up filling the power vacuum rather well, all things considered. I believe that is it had not been present as an alternative, things would have been looking far worse right now. But enough gloom... What furthering of relations would you wish to suggest?"

She smiled at Hannah and Valeria, taking a sip from her drink. It was non-alcoholic of course, to give Lu Gang the correct example without resorting to 'just because i can' arguments, though it needed to be said that she tended to drink very little regardless of the circumstances. Looking around, she spotted Lu Gang standing by himself a bit off, and motioned for him to join her.

- "Also, i'd like you to meet Lu Gang. He's living with me in Zargathia, and i'm showing him politics to help him decide on what he wants to study later."

She smiled encouragingly, placing a hand on each of the boy's shoulders as she waited for him to introduce himself.

Edited by Amyante

The Queen Valkyrie smiled at Ava's comment on her armour and was about to reply when someojne interrupted their conversation, starting their own as if they had no regard for the Queen Valkyrie. Fighting the urge to strike the impertinent whelp with her lance the Queen Valkyrie's hands turned white with pressure beneath her armour and to avoid causing an incident she stormed away her armoured footsteps ringing out loudly across the ballroom floor.

Making her way swiftly and forcefully through the crowd using her armoured bulk as a means to push through she came to a varied selection of food and drinks. Needing something to take her mind off of the incident that had just occured she began to pile food in a heap on the plate mainly focusing on different types of meat though she did include some pieces of lettuce as a side.

Satisified with her choice of food the Queen Valkyrie rested her lance against the table the weight of the weapon causing it to dip slightly, pulling up a seat she sat down crossing her legs and content to eat the odd piece of meat everynow and then whilst she watched the rest of the guests interact with one another. If anyone wanted to talk to her she wouldn't be too hard to find being the only person attending in full plate armour.

Well, Daniel Jackson had been as startled as anyone to find himself bundled up by Jameson, Harlem, and Anderson, and pretty much pushed onto the plane.

He was told that if asked, Promised Land preferred to say they weren't coming, and surprise their hosts, than say they were, and disappoint them.

Already, quite a crowd was there, and he could not see the teenage queen of Acca Dacca anywhere. However, he did spot one face that looked familier.

Striding up to the armored queen, he couldn't help but smile, and nod to show his appreciation. he bowed in what he hoped was an appropriate manner.

"It's certainly been a while since I was a President and you a young. Teenage leader. But i still recall every detail of your visit perfectly."

Indeed, much had changed since that time--her face had ben disfigured and redone by plastic surgery--his features were marred by no less than three prominent scars--one across his right temple, another on his left cheek, and a third beginning close to his right eye and trailing down to a point on his jaw. That particular one had almost taken out his eye, but it had fortunately missed.

"Well I should hope they aren't being resentful though I can't apologize for Sarah's recent actions, it is a shame that our history had to be written in such a way, but it just makes the legacy so much better." Hannah sighed. "I think we were always an unfortunate people, pushed down by the Ubersteinians, the Tionese, the Nords, various others. They have been through a great deal and I think we would all like to reestablish what we lost, if not a physical empire again, something culturally or influentially tangible. As to relations, the path we are currently on is about as great as I can think of at the moment. I will tell you right now Miss Amyante, I am not a Tintagylist, I am a servant of Her Ladyship, but I disagree with the basic fundamentals of her philosophies, too idealistic. It is not the Hansa's duty to police this world and while I am spoken about how I believe the world should work, as to physically changing it, there is no point. The Hansa freed the world once from European hegemony and the nations of the world clung back to overlords and there's no point to fix something that people feel isn't broken. Therefore most of our policies are Australia First and Hansa First, but you are ethnically a part of us and have our protection if it is ever needed."

"The most we could ever ask for is if we could possibly open our borders to one another and lax tariffs the results would be favorable." Added Valeria.

As Amyante brough Lu Gang from behind, the two Hanseatics smiled and nodded their heads again. "A pleasure." They said in unison.

After Lu Gang gave a formal bow like he ghad most likely been taught at the Court of his father, the late Lu Tai, Amyante let him go again, watching him as he approached the wall again.

- "Still a bit reserved, but he's starting to open up. Heh."

She turned back to the Hanseatics again, already having known what she was going to reply. Her policies on the matter were quite consistent.

- "Well, the borders between our countries were never closed, nor do i intend them to be. As for tariffs.... I'm sure we can arrange something. We could perhaps broaden the MDoAP alliance between Zargathia and the old Hanseatic Commonwealth to include an economic factor, it would need to be re-signed anyway if it were to include the Intelligence and Aid clauses i had proposed in the letters i exchanged with Miss Asgeirsson. Would both of you be interested in this?"

Valeria and Hannah chuckled as Lu Gang retired from the circle of women then turned back to Amyante to listen to her proposal. They listened and nodded their heads. "As far as I'm concerned Miss Amyante, those would be more than acceptable for the country. Hopefully it will provide a bit of stability to Asia that has been missing any degree of stability at the moment or if not Asia at least Zargathia and in return add a bit of own trust to the world. Families after all should be united." Said Valeria.

Hannah looked back at Lu Gang standing against the wall and shook her head. "Shame, poor kid in such a volatile country as the Lu Empire. But I think their fall added a bit of stability to the region as well. The constant rebellions did nothing for the continent and shows the consequences of a weak monarchy." The platinum haired woman laid her hang on Amyante's shoulder. "Teach him well, this word requires rulers of a greater caliber, ones that can actually think for themselves."

Standing next to a pillar near the buffet, wearing a simple black tux with a bowtie, Lucas Perry had Jameson on the rocks. He enjoyed the taste of it just like his twin, and this is one of the few places he could drink on the job. He smirked at the people attempting to dance. Yet, his eyes surveyed the area for someone, as if he were searching. His search came ot an end when he caught a glimps of Hannah. They exchanged a quick glance, then Lucas returned to his drink.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ava held onto her mother.

"Mother, I would never forget you. Everything here is fine. I am fine. How are you? Any boyfriends?"

The Queen smirked at her mother.

"I am well rather tired,. the Premier has got me working like never before. The elections are coming up and the CPC are working rather hard to stay in power. Boyfriends? Haven't seen a guy since Mykep. Been to busy since I gave birth to you. *chuckles*"

"Well I'll be right back Ava. I need a drink."

Amyante nodded slowly. Though she knew in her mind that the disappearance of the Lu Empire would be for the better in the greater scope of things, it was something she refused to say out loud as it went in against her nature to speak ill of a nation she had treaties with. And even though the Lu Empire was dead, its royal line was still very much alive in Michuraza, so as far as she was concerned her reasons still applied.

- "Perhaps. The Lu have been a troubled nation, but perhaps Michuraza will fare better under their rule. Haruhi and myself will be watching them, this time, and offer them guidance where needed."

She looked at Hannah again as the woman placed a hand on her shoulder, emerald green eyes looking into a lighter version of itself for a moment. She grinned, looking in the direction of Lu Gang again.

- "Perhaps... I'm not going to force anything on him though. I'll teach him to think for himself, but one of the decisions he will have to make is the one concerning his own future. Maybe he'll be a politician, maybe he'll drive a bus. As long as he'll be happy doing what he'll do, i'll be satisfied with the results."

Alright Mom, I'll see you later. She waved to her mother until she was out of sight. Then, she was approached by Constance. After the short introduction, she shook her hand.

"I have heard of Madame Unicorn's passing and it saddens me greatly. However I'd like to thank you for showing up. Its great see a face from Annihilation. How is the state of the nation there?"

--------------------------------------------

Lucas Perry made his way to the boy standing alone. He was quiet and looked as if he was out of place. He joined the boy on the side and introduced himself.

"Hey there. I'm Lucas. You dont talk much do ya?"

He smiled at the boy when he was met by silence. Lucas knelt down next to him. He pointed in the direction of a friend of Ava. She was of the same age of the boy and was sitting by herself.

"I bet that girl could use the company of a nice looking kid like yourself."

He nudged the boy and said,

"Go on."

Hannah and Valeria finally bowed at the Zargathian Queen slightly and smiled. "Miss Amyante, I do not mean to hold you up any longer than needed and to keep politics from taking over this ball." Hannah chuckled. "I unfortunately have not even yet said good evening to our hostess and must do so indefinitely. If would excuse us both for a moment, it was a pleasant conversation and I do hope to see you in Apophis in the coming days for further talks." The Hanseatics bowed again and withdrew from the Queen walking back in towards the center of the dance floor, unfortunately after further inspection, Queen Ava had all but disappeared from their sights.

"Unfortunate indeed." Said Valeria with a smirk on her face.

"No matter. There's always the time for a bit more wine then." Said Hannah as the two made their way back over where a servant was walking around with a tray of wine.