Dr. Dan

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty interesting I guess.

It really isn't.

Its not like ODN had a say anyway.

None at all. Now we will surely crumble in the face of everything continuing as normal. You can expect our disbandment within the week.

Now that is interesting.

Context for those that weren't around: New Reverie, member of LoSS, which was in The League, was running a campaign for Senate on red. Lots of ODNers and some smaller orange alliances -- including government members -- were very vocally supportive of LoSS and New Reverie. I think this happened on one or two other spheres as well. Suffice to say that they were not at all pleased with the prospect of me in Orange Senate and quickly shut their mouths about it, and I was never given my chance to sanction the **** out of ODN's top nations. :(

Context for those that weren't around: New Reverie, member of LoSS, which was in The League, was running a campaign for Senate on red. Lots of ODNers and some smaller orange alliances -- including government members -- were very vocally supportive of LoSS and New Reverie. I think this happened on one or two other spheres as well. Suffice to say that they were not at all pleased with the prospect of me in Orange Senate and quickly shut their mouths about it, and I was never given my chance to sanction the **** out of ODN's top nations. :(

Alas, for now we may only speculate as to what limitless enjoyment might have come from such an outcome.

...did you actually read my comment before replying? I'm clearly acknowledging that Orange is a powerful sphere in my statement. There's the part where I say "there was never any need for a senate treaty to allow for a powerful sphere." You know, that part right there? My comment merely asserted that, to make a powerful sphere (as you folks have), you didn't really ever need to control the senate. I used Aqua as an example because that is *also* a powerful sphere but it has never had a controlled senate.

Well the OST wasn't signed with the intent to make the sphere powerful. In fact it was already powerful when it was signed. It served a different purpose altogether which it now no longer needs to, hence it's cancellation.

My post though was really just saying that it seemed a bit off base for you to be telling Orange what makes for a strong sphere considering it's long history of being among the strongest and most stable spheres around. I'm happy to see Aqua doing so well and you surely deserve some of the credit for that but it's not like Orange is suffering. This treaty hasn't hurt the sphere nor has it held the sphere back from reaching it's potential.

Glad to see that ODN is moving even further away from TOP.

Maybe I'll even applaud IRON at a later stage, who knows?

Agreed.

The ODN continues to impress me by getting rid of one their ties to TOP, only one more to go fellas. IRON, on the other hand, confuses me. Because I'm in a good mood today I will look at this announcement with guarded optimism . Hopefully this treaty cancellation is a sign that the vaunted TOP-IRON relationship is in a state of free fall. If IRON does in fact cancel the beautifully named "Hearts of IRON II" treaty I will indeed stand side by side with Spider and applaud you.

The ball is in your court, IRON. Do the right thing.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

Come on now, nothing is slower at voting than GW2 TOP :ehm:

I think we mananged to get that vote down to like 48h or something... But if we are talking about voting, and then revoting, and then revoting again, on an issue nothing comes close to GWII TOP :P

Edited by Ponken