Joint TOP/IRON/ODN Announcement

Dr. Dan

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They weren't exactly precluded from doing that before, unless the threat of an Orange War or similar hostilities were hanging over their heads. Was another alliance specifically interested in seeking a senate seat? I have a hard time believing all these alliances just spontaneously got together and had a conversation like this:

ODN: hey wanna cancel the Orange Senate Treaty?

TOP: sure.

IRON: fine with me.

ODN: cool beans.

Sorry to disappoint you, but thats how it usually goes with irrelevant treaties.

We simply do not care about a senate seat, if we did we wouldn't of canceled it.

We care about it if we get sanctioned unreasonably. :P

But we trust the alliances of orange to behave in a respectable fashion if they lanch a successful campaign for senate.

Good to see another free senate. :D

However the only real effect I see coming from this is FOK taking TOP's seat.

I would throw away your crystal ball, probably stuff would keep going like it always did for the past year or so. If there aren't any senate wars it doesn't really matter who is in the senate.

I would throw away your crystal ball, probably stuff would keep going like it always did for the past year or so. If there aren't any senate wars it doesn't really matter who is in the senate.

Currently the sitting Orange Senators are Matt Miller of IRON, Sunstar of ODN and Dr. Dan of TOP. Assuming a free, competitive senate, the next round will be IRON, ODN and FOK. Not so much a crystal ball as it is knowing that 235 > 222.

Currently the sitting Orange Senators are Matt Miller of IRON, Sunstar of ODN and Dr. Dan of TOP. Assuming a free, competitive senate, the next round will be IRON, ODN and FOK. Not so much a crystal ball as it is knowing that 235 > 222.

That's not quite how it works. Alliances are free to share their seat as they desire. Alliances are free to cooperate together to take a seat.

Edited by Kiss Goodbye

Meh I couldn't care less even if we didn't get a seat to be honest. And yes this means that alliances can cooperate as they see fit, without the official ok of IRON, TOP or ODN. I don't see much changing, but I'm happy that the seats don't "belong" to anyone except the person that wins them. I understand how when IRON was independant, ODN was closer to the side of Aegis, and TOP was with WUT that this made sense, however these days such actions are not nessessary even if orange alliances find themselves on opposite sides.

IRON's senator has clearly enough votes that if distributed correctly, can be used to hold two senate seats. Whether IRON chooses to use that ability to get two senate seats for themselves or one for themselves and one for one of their friends, or simply to sit with a huge lead in the #1 spot, is up to them.

That's assuming that activity in both alliances' voting procedures is the equal or close to equal. Which I highly doubt is the case. I think FOK can be competitive in getting that last seat, but I think TOP will hold on. Again making this treaty irrelevant, but it's been irrelevant for a while. I just honestly wonder why it was cancelled at this given time. If it's just how the cookie crumbles then ok, I just have a hard time believing it.