Joint TOP/IRON/ODN Announcement

Dr. Dan

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o/ Orange

Simple, Orange is no longer the sole domain of these 3 alliances. The treaty doesn't reflect the true nature of the team any more. De facto the treaty was already of low value as senate rotation was already a very common thing on orange.

I believe there have been times all three senate seats went to another alliance then the three above this announcement.

Very well said.

The problem with the Orange senate treaty is that although it does emphasise cooperation, it also emphasises the sovereign right of IRON, TOP and ODN and thus cooperation is exclusive to these three alliances. With the dissolution of this treaty any orange alliance can cooperate with another to freely compete in the senate independent of these three alliances and if they are coordinated enough to do this, then in my opinion they merit the reward.

EDIT: For clarification IRON is more than happy with one senate seat and has no intention of competing for more than one if that was what you were getting at.

They weren't exactly precluded from doing that before, unless the threat of an Orange War or similar hostilities were hanging over their heads. Was another alliance specifically interested in seeking a senate seat? I have a hard time believing all these alliances just spontaneously got together and had a conversation like this:

ODN: hey wanna cancel the Orange Senate Treaty?

TOP: sure.

IRON: fine with me.

ODN: cool beans.

They weren't exactly precluded from doing that before, unless the threat of an Orange War or similar hostilities were hanging over their heads. Was another alliance specifically interested in seeking a senate seat? I have a hard time believing all these alliances just spontaneously got together and had a conversation like this:

That's exactly how that conversation worked. Or you can listen to all the posts and it becomes obvious: This was cancelled because they loved each other too much. They decided that just splitting senate seats wasn't enough and now they're going to all merge or something...

That's exactly how that conversation worked. Or you can listen to all the posts and it becomes obvious: This was cancelled because they loved each other too much. They decided that just splitting senate seats wasn't enough and now they're going to all merge or something...

Independant Order of Defensive Nations?

Clearly with the record that 2 of the 3 alliance have it would be better called the Independent Defensive Paradox, because the notion that TOP or ODN would actually defend someone is quite contradictory of itself.

*edit* spelling

Edited by Proximus

Clearly with the record that 2 of the 3 alliance have it would be better called the Independent Defensive Paradox, because the notion that TOP or ODN would actually defend someone is quite contradictory of itself.

*edit* spelling

You've just started an endless downward spiral of "no u, we can fight whenever we want" in this thread. <_<

*edit* spelling

Whatever salts your pickle. I just wish people didn't say: "We just cancelled this because we thought it was time. Still love our orange friends."

Obviously it was cancelled for a reason, and not seeing any orange alliance with a legit shot at stealing one of the senate seats... why now?

Jenko pretty much hit it right on the head though. All the alliances involved have been seat swapping for a while, and there's no need for this swapping to be viewed as " [ODN/IRON/TOP] is nice enough to give up their seat to a smaller ally" it should just be seen as "X alliances are working together to hold a seat in their name"

It went something like this:

Session Start: Thu Oct 22 19:08:22 2009

19:08 • Topic: Pull up a chair and relax.

19:08 • Set by SomeGuy[sleep] on [Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 14:46:28]

19:08 &DrDan|AFK • Hey Finster

19:09 FinsterBaby[iRON] • Hey Dan

19:09 • Arsenal [modedit] has joined #diplodome

19:09 Arsenal • Howdy.

19:09 &DrDan|AFK • Hello Aresenal

19:09 FinsterBaby[iRON] • Hello Arsenal.

19:09 &DrDan|AFK • Basically, we just wanted to talk about the OST.

19:09 Arsenal • I was under the impression that TOP wished to withdraw and that IRON was leaning that way also.

19:09 &DrDan|AFK › nods

19:10 &DrDan|AFK • I believe we contacted you (and merlin) about that happening

19:10 FinsterBaby[iRON] • Us at IRON have come to the decision that the OST has outlived its usefulness - when it was designed, it was necessary. Not so much now.

19:10 Arsenal • ODN is more or less in agreement.

19:10 &DrDan|AFK • Alright, great.

19:11 &DrDan|AFK • If we're all in agreement, perhaps we can make a join announcement?

19:11 &DrDan|AFK • joint*

19:11 Arsenal • Absolutely.

19:11 &DrDan|AFK • Wunderbar.

19:11 Arsenal • We have formally voted to withdraw/cancel, so we can go whenever.

19:11 FinsterBaby[iRON] • We don't have a problem with a joint announcement

19:12 &DrDan|AFK • Excellent.

19:12 &DrDan|AFK • Does anyone want to do the announcement or shall I?

19:12 &DrDan|AFK • The OP, that is

19:12 FinsterBaby[iRON] • lemme think a minute

19:13 &DrDan|AFK • I was just thinking that whoever announces could say something along the lines of it unanimously being agreed to be canceled, etc.

19:13 FinsterBaby[iRON] • with no animonsity or anything like that

19:14 &DrDan|AFK • Of course.

19:14 Arsenal • Yep.

19:14 &DrDan|AFK • If you guys have links to your flags

19:14 &DrDan|AFK • I can get that going.

19:14 &DrDan|AFK • And signatures

19:14 FinsterBaby[iRON] • I'll send them to you on TOP's forums Dan

19:14 &DrDan|AFK • Actually, we probably don't need signatures

19:15 &DrDan|AFK • NVm

19:15 Arsenal • You want to make the announcement tonight?

19:15 &DrDan|AFK • Ok, great Finster

19:15 FinsterBaby[iRON] • but I can get you a flag.

19:15 &DrDan|AFK • Yeah, may as well.

19:15 FinsterBaby[iRON] • either tonight or tomorrow - I wanna give IRON members a heads up first.

19:16 &DrDan|AFK • Ah, tomorrow then?

19:16 Arsenal • Let me dig up a flag...

19:16 &DrDan|AFK • We're ready whenever

19:16 Arsenal • We're fine with whenever.

19:16 FinsterBaby[iRON] • I just want to get something posted - if you can wait till closer to update that would be good for me.

19:16 &DrDan|AFK • Ah, I usually am in bed 2 hours before update due to work.

19:16 &DrDan|AFK • Old man

19:16 &DrDan|AFK • Anyways, I will just do it in the morning

19:16 &DrDan|AFK • when I wake up

19:17 &DrDan|AFK • 5 hours after update or so

19:17 FinsterBaby[iRON] • Thats fine too

19:17 Arsenal • I have to work three hours to update. D:

19:17 Arsenal • Until five after update.

19:17 Arsenal • So I suppose I'd be good to go then.

19:17 &DrDan|AFK • Overnight or not from the USA?

19:17 Arsenal • Overnight this week. <_<

19:17 FinsterBaby[iRON] • I'll be sleeping my $@! off. xD

19:17 &DrDan|AFK • lol

19:18 FinsterBaby[iRON] • *looks at $@!* and boy do I need it.

19:18 &DrDan|AFK › looks at Finster

19:18 &DrDan|AFK • Hrm, baby got back?

19:18 &DrDan|AFK • Ok

19:18 &DrDan|AFK • I'll do it tomorrow morning then

19:18 &DrDan|AFK • Flags, send me on TOP forums or CN forums

19:18 &DrDan|AFK • Dr. Dan is the username in either

19:18 FinsterBaby[iRON] • Ok great. I'll get you that flag and a sig block. Your choice whether or not you use it.

19:19 FinsterBaby[iRON] • Also, one more thing. While the OST might be dissolved, you have my assurance that IRON won't deliberately make a play to hold more than one seat.

19:19 &DrDan|AFK • Yes, things are going to be as they are now for us, mostly.

19:21 Arsenal • Likewise here.

Jenko pretty much hit it right on the head though. All the alliances involved have been seat swapping for a while, and there's no need for this swapping to be viewed as " [ODN/IRON/TOP] is nice enough to give up their seat to a smaller ally" it should just be seen as "X alliances are working together to hold a seat in their name"

this.

Edited by The Eye
ModEdit: hostmask