Operation Digger

Angela Spencer

OOC: You sent men after you dropped bombs...seems like a warning to me. Then you sent men before she was on and able to react.

OOC: The bombs were of a separate event - and how do you know I sent them after I dropped the bombs? Perhaps on a posting scale yes, but I never clarified whether or not the bombs were done before or after. I simply tracked the ships back and put men there, and the setting up shop in Port Dranagg had nothing to do with the bombs. If we're going be "sent men after I dropped bombs", then she radio'd back after I set up shop with the men. She did not clarify how long she waited to tell the men to evacuate.

OOC: The bombs were of a separate event - and how do you know I sent them after I dropped the bombs? Perhaps on a posting scale yes, but I never clarified whether or not the bombs were done before or after. I simply tracked the ships back and put men there, and the setting up shop in Port Dranagg had nothing to do with the bombs. If we're going be "sent men after I dropped bombs", then she radio'd back after I set up shop with the men. She did not clarify how long she waited to tell the men to evacuate.

OOC; That's just the point...you never did say that. And since you sent the bombers only just after you learned of her existence there...it's therefore only common sense the men would be after them, not before. You can't have a spy op happen in the past of the current RP...only in the present.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC; That's just the point...you never did say that. And since you sent the bombers only just after you learned of her existence there...it's therefore only common sense the men would be after them, not before. You can't have a spy op happen in the past of the current RP...only in the present.

OOC: But they can happen simultaneously - which would be in the present. I was waiting on Tahsir to get on.

OOC: But they can happen simultaneously - which would be in the present. I was waiting on Tahsir to get on.

OOC: Launched simultaneously...she would have that warning I mentioned.

But come, let's take any further discussion where it belongs...the OOC thread.

Somewhere else in North America

A team of highly-trained commandos, given the nickname Delta 141 after the popular FPS game Modern Warfare 2, tracked down the location of the ships in North America. Despite advanced planning, the ships had escaped unharmed because of an early warning. Captain Frost, a man who uses the unconventional, pointed to a location that is the best bet to grab the prisoners. Each ship was identical but the guards were armed with primitive weaponry and their numbers meant little. Four men would climb onto each boat from different directions and essentially spread the guards out to all corners of the ship.

The operation was a success, with only one casualty on the deck (from when a crate broke free of weak chains and broke the leg of one operative). The lightly-manned crew was taken down with silenced bullets, not alerting the men belowdecks to the presence of intruders. Immediately after throwing the dead overboard and tying the wounded onto a medical boat waiting for them, the commandos simultaneously breached six of the ships and raided the bottom. In each compartment was a guard or two, most never getting off a single shot. The advanced weaponry and tactics were too much for the defensive positions to overcome and the ships were taken almost immediately.

On the fourth ship was Angela Spencer herself, who attempted to commit suicide with a single bullet to the head. The bullet, however, did not kill her but left her unconscious and dying on the ship. Without tending to her, the commandos quickly evacuated the thousands of refugees onto a large, outfitted civilian cargo vessel and grabbed all important files and information. The soldiers lit flares and quickly left the six ships. Seven minutes later, F-46 fighters split the hulls of the six ships with an overkill of missile barrages, and the ships (and Angela Spencer, who died a horrible, flaming death) went into the sea.

The team headed back to Ross Island.

//OOC: with Spenceragi banned I figured I might as well continue with the operation so that I can ICly do what I need to do. :wub: