A round in retrospect

Caustic

Well said Caustic! You are one of the few people in TE I really trust (no joke) and I'm glad we became friends. :wub: Good luck to FB in round 8. :awesome:

I'm not sure if we reached the trust stage yet, I still have to fully gauge what level of devious !@#$%^& you are Caustic ;) but then again that doesn't mean anything either, I lubs Hisk, and I don't trust him farther than I could throw him. tallah feel free to quote me any time any post.

Frostbite is dead.

It's only dead if it's members want it to be, and that's something neither you, nor Caustic can speak for or has control over. Just as Burning Glory nor Wiz nor I have control over whether TPF dies, if every member of the Gov left FB the members would pick someone new, create a new alliance under a different name and move on. Here's a real ironic statement, Tiberius did just this. RE Fragmented and he picked up all he could and started a new alliance. The same would happen under any AA under any system.

So would any alliance survive if it's members want to play TE, because in the end. It's fun, at least that's the idea.

It's only dead if it's members want it to be, and that's something neither you, nor Caustic can speak for or has control over. Just as Burning Glory nor Wiz nor I have control over whether TPF dies, if every member of the Gov left FB the members would pick someone new, create a new alliance under a different name and move on. Here's a real ironic statement, Tiberius did just this. RE Fragmented and he picked up all he could and started a new alliance. The same would happen under any AA under any system.

So would any alliance survive if it's members want to play TE, because in the end. It's fun, at least that's the idea.

The members did kill it. Polar and STA members are what killed it. I'm not arrogant enough to think that I can kill Frostbite.

STA will be having a presence in TE next round, and I've heard a few Polars will be joining us. We'll see how it works out.

That is not all completely accurate by any measure Jyrinx, but I agree that STA members were some of the best. And you worked hard and got little respect.

STA members were voicing significant dissatisfaction with the entire system and I was under the impression that Polar members didn't like it either, culminating in a Polar gov decision to end their participation. If that's not true, then maybe I misunderstood. Oh well, my apologies but I don't think it's completely relevant anymore :)

And thank you BigKat.

The system was broken when I inherited it.

There was no fix by that point, I did what I had to do to retain what stability could be salvaged.

This is where the policy clash begins to take effect. The day I took over was the day the @#(* hit the fan. Apparently Actorbass had crafted a deal with Black regarding an attack on MHA. I was not about to launch an attack with only a few hours notice, and no real way to spread the word fast enough (our mass PM list was a mess). So I stalled and started spreading the word to prepare for war. Honestly I had no intention of hitting MHA. I had been planning to play RE and MHA off against each other, so when Tiberius and I were talking about joint FB/Black strike on MHA I had serious reservations and sent out no attack orders even though I had given general acknowledgment to the plan. Not soon after this, TPF began pounding us and my fears were confirmed.

You guys had a few days notice to attack MHA. In fact, Black would not have attacked MHA if we knew you guys were going to bail out on us. How stupid would be we going 60 vs 200? Be realistic. You guys should have given us warning that you were NOT going to join us, but instead we were told to hit the first update, and second you guys would jump in. You guys bailing at the last minute in my opinion is cowardly. And TPF would not have hit you guys if you attacked MHA, you guys would have been involved in a war thats pretty much 1 vs 1, and TPF does not believe in curbstomps. They would have backed off.

My controversial decision to attack AI/Echo was based off my deal with MHA/Fark/PU. It had nothing to do with "cowardice" as some people seem to think. The simple fact is that Frostbite is a paper tiger. We have numbers yes, but numbers are nothing when most of those are either absent from our central forums or inactive from the game for weeks at a time. I have a loyal cadre that helps to organize attacks, and fights like hell but at most they number 30... maybe 40. After TPF's ridiculous blitz, we were in no shape for a prolonged nuke engagement with the #1 alliance, so the honor for that attack fell to who it fell. Frostbite was given the task of covering the back door.

Caustic

Emperor of Frostbite

It was extremely cowardly to hit these 2 alliances. AI was a 30 man alliance, in a war with a 200 man alliance. Be realistic, MHA did NOT need your help. MHA, Fark, and Purple Unity combined almost doubled RE. Fark and PU were meat shields, MHA had plenty of people left, and to think differently, you'd be wrong. You attacked a 30 man alliance with 160+ members. Not only that, but you told us that you did it to draw us to attack you. Now look at Frostbite, you've been stuck in war with 4 alliances, which means your alliance is useless at the end. Poor show.

You guys had a few days notice to attack MHA. In fact, Black would not have attacked MHA if we knew you guys were going to bail out on us. How stupid would be we going 60 vs 200? Be realistic. You guys should have given us warning that you were NOT going to join us, but instead we were told to hit the first update, and second you guys would jump in. You guys bailing at the last minute in my opinion is cowardly. And TPF would not have hit you guys if you attacked MHA, you guys would have been involved in a war thats pretty much 1 vs 1, and TPF does not believe in curbstomps. They would have backed off.

It was extremely cowardly to hit these 2 alliances. AI was a 30 man alliance, in a war with a 200 man alliance. Be realistic, MHA did NOT need your help. MHA, Fark, and Purple Unity combined almost doubled RE. Fark and PU were meat shields, MHA had plenty of people left, and to think differently, you'd be wrong. You attacked a 30 man alliance with 160+ members. Not only that, but you told us that you did it to draw us to attack you. Now look at Frostbite, you've been stuck in war with 4 alliances, which means your alliance is useless at the end. Poor show.

This essentially. regardless of your talk of having only 30-40 people who were active, many of your members seem to be capable of following a chain or a pm it seems. not to mention the fact that hitting an alliance that is smaller than you means that your inactives get hit as well which means your actives don't take as big of a hit.

for example, i got a guy that is rather inactive and has yet to even attack me (or buy soldiers for that matter) so that means instead of one of my slots being used to hit someone active and actually hurt FB, i am hitting an inactive and doing nothing with that war. while FB is hitting pretty much all the active people in AI/Black/SOSB.

but yeah i agree, i like you but i will never trust you Caustic. Regardless of you not "knowing" of DA's deal with Black, you agreed to it and backed out like a coward. If you had told Randy or myself that you were not gonna hit MHA, we would not have hit MHA.

Ok, so it was a weird round and a lot of odd, crazy *stuff* happened…

Can anyone guess what I’m going to say next?

DRINK!

Cheers, Caustic!

Edit: *stuff* ... hahaha.

Edited by Folger Soldier

This essentially. regardless of your talk of having only 30-40 people who were active, many of your members seem to be capable of following a chain or a pm it seems. not to mention the fact that hitting an alliance that is smaller than you means that your inactives get hit as well which means your actives don't take as big of a hit.

for example, i got a guy that is rather inactive and has yet to even attack me (or buy soldiers for that matter) so that means instead of one of my slots being used to hit someone active and actually hurt FB, i am hitting an inactive and doing nothing with that war. while FB is hitting pretty much all the active people in AI/Black/SOSB.

but yeah i agree, i like you but i will never trust you Caustic. Regardless of you not "knowing" of DA's deal with Black, you agreed to it and backed out like a coward. If you had told Randy or myself that you were not gonna hit MHA, we would not have hit MHA.

Sorry Dochartaigh, I'll throw some punches at you :)

*Tallah gets his Quotebook and starts vigorously quoting several very awesome quotes*

Edit: dont let what FB did hamper them next round, or at least the former members of it. It was thier first round (my first full one too) so they shouldn't be blamed for early mistakes ( I am guilty as charged :P ) nor should they not have to war next round. I believe in CBs for no reason on TE to be the best ones, and every single nation should have a war with at least 3 others next round, if you dont, we will find you and nuke you. :D:war::rolleyes::wub:;)

Edited by tallah

Basically what doch said. But to me, who cares if they had it easy. Also, so what if only 40 are active, it's a war game. You should just take those 40 and attack with them, no matter the outcome. Your pixels are there to be destroyed.

Regardless I had fun waring with you. You knocked me back a good amount of NS with your barrage of nations twice my size.

Decent for your first round in existent.

Edited by Infidel Israeli

Sorry Dochartaigh, I'll throw some punches at you :)

awwwww how sweet. <3 you. now it is an awesome fight.

@Infidel- <3 i had to reroll for this fight with FB. :P the first round of war i went 6v1 and got pounded. it was awesome. my first time ever rerolling in the middle of a round. (have never rerolled in SE on purpose)

I quietly rolled with Purple Unity. I did it mostly to clean the cobwebs off as raiding isn't exactly a profitable activity for me these days. Had a bit of fun. Will probably be back for the next round.

If I have any criticisms at all they would be OOC. I would *love* to see some of the ideas involving improvements to ground units, aircraft, CMs, etc. tested more aggressively over here. Hopefully that will happen soon.

Frostbite was a nice introduction to TE for some of our members and it was a nice wake up call for others. I don't really think it is a positive thing for the real Frostbite to have something like this causing issues for the real Frostbite.

It shall be interesting to see what we can accomplish under the banner of STA. Some of the smaller alliances here in TE were some of the best and really showed you didn't have to be the biggest to make a big dent in TE. Perhaps STA can be of similiar quality. We shall see.