Building tighter bonds

Subtleknifewielder

Rusa MacNell, SecDef of Kitex, quietly stepped in the room, shooks hands with Gen. Hammond and then sat down.

"The reason why my government wanted to have this meeting was to address our MDP with Promised Land and how we would get soldiers into PL ASAP if anything happened. The main problem is how far Kitex is away from Promised Land, it'd take at least two weeks to get soldiers here if anything happened. What we need to discuss is how to shorten that period of time from two weeks to at max 8 hours. What do you sugguest we do?"

Edited by kitex

Hammond wore a mild smile as he took his own seat.

"The biggest problem is as you say, the transition period. That's the problem with any alliance such as ours, getting troops there quickly. I suppose we could always station some transport aircraft here to help you get some soldiers there quickly if they are needed, but we wouldn't expect your main forces to get there any more quickly than you are capable of."

He shifted in his seat and cleared his throat. "We have a similar problem, not necessarily with getting troops to you if you are attacked, but with your climate. We have uniforms that we could use for such conditions, but we need help figuring out adaptations that will allow our vehicles to operate in such cold conditions."

Hammond wore a mild smile as he took his own seat.

"The biggest problem is as you say, the transition period. That's the problem with any alliance such as ours, getting troops there quickly. I suppose we could always station some transport aircraft here to help you get some soldiers there quickly if they are needed, but we wouldn't expect your main forces to get there any more quickly than you are capable of."

He shifted in his seat and cleared his throat. "We have a similar problem, not necessarily with getting troops to you if you are attacked, but with your climate. We have uniforms that we could use for such conditions, but we need help figuring out adaptations that will allow our vehicles to operate in such cold conditions."

"We are ready and willing to have some soldiers of yours come to Kitex to train in Antarctic conditions and also sell your military vehicles are special anti-freeze that both Kitexian and Dranaggan militaries use to make sure that our vehicles are alright. Also we would greatly appreciate the transport aircraft."

"Then as General in charge of the air force, you shall have those transport aircraft. And I know Gogol will jump at the chance to have some of his troops train in Antarctic conditions. As for this anti-freeze...you sure that's all that will be needed to let our vehicles run in such bitterly cold weather?"

"Then as General in charge of the air force, you shall have those transport aircraft. And I know Gogol will jump at the chance to have some of his troops train in Antarctic conditions. As for this anti-freeze...you sure that's all that will be needed to let our vehicles run in such bitterly cold weather?"

"Yeah... pretty much all you need to run the vehicles also some sick-nasty heaters in the vehicle and some one-of-a-kind tires, but other than that no. Also Edward Mack will have the transport aircraft as he is Secretary of the Air Force." MacNell leaned into Hammond and whispered, "Hey can you guys keep a secret?"

"Yeah... pretty much all you need to run the vehicles also some sick-nasty heaters in the vehicle and some one-of-a-kind tires, but other than that no. Also Edward Mack will have the transport aircraft as he is Secretary of the Air Force." MacNell leaned into Hammond and whispered, "Hey can you guys keep a secret?"

Hammond stared at his counterpart, an expression of curiosity now domniating his features, and he leaned in closer too. "Of course. You don't think we could keep the identity of Subtleknifewielder classified if we couldn't keep a secret, eh?" He winked.

Hammond stared at his counterpart, an expression of curiosity now domniating his features, and he leaned in closer too. "Of course. You don't think we could keep the identity of Subtleknifewielder classified if we couldn't keep a secret, eh?" He winked.

"OK, good. We'd like to know if our Spec Ops teams, the Ghosts, could come over to Promised Land and train with their counterparts, if you and your government don't mind."

"OK, good. We'd like to know if our Spec Ops teams, the Ghosts, could come over to Promised Land and train with their counterparts, if you and your government don't mind."

"Oh, is that all?" Hammond grinned. "Of course. They wouldn't mind the company. Once they're finished there, both parties could then return to your nation to train under your conditions. From hot to cold--it should prove an interesting transition for them, shouldn't it?" He leaned back again in his chair.

"Oh, is that all?" Hammond grinned. "Of course. They wouldn't mind the company. Once they're finished there, both parties could then return to your nation to train under your conditions. From hot to cold--it should prove an interesting transition for them, shouldn't it?" He leaned back again in his chair.

"Great. Also would you mind selling us some military tech such as body armor for, say, less than $20 million.?"

OOC: Have you ever heard of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter games? I'm asking for the Promised Land equivalent of that.

"Great. Also would you mind selling us some military tech such as body armor for, say, less than $20 million.?"

OOC: Have you ever heard of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter games? I'm asking for the Promised Land equivalent of that.

"Selling tech? Sure, not a problem. We don't have anything fancy-looking, as we tend to stick with what works, but for that very reason, it's more functional."

OOC: Can't say that I have, but I just looked it up, and I think I've got the gist of it.

"Selling tech? Sure, not a problem. We don't have anything fancy-looking, as we tend to stick with what works, but for that very reason, it's more functional."

OOC: Can't say that I have, but I just looked it up, and I think I've got the gist of it.

"Great! Now let's talk about war games, would your government be interested in that?"

"War games? Yes, our forces are always in some kind of training or another when they aren't on leave, but there's no substitute for practice that's as close as possible to the real thing. What form would these wargames take? Simply ground forces, or should others like air and sea get involved too? And should they be held in your own territory or ours?"

"War games? Yes, our forces are always in some kind of training or another when they aren't on leave, but there's no substitute for practice that's as close as possible to the real thing. What form would these wargames take? Simply ground forces, or should others like air and sea get involved too? And should they be held in your own territory or ours?"

"Let's have a battle of ground and paratrooper forces, where it takes place it your decision. How many soldiers are allowed per side?"

Hammond frowned in thought. "I'd say 10,000 troops total from each side, with up to 500 of those allowed to be paratroopers, should be a sufficient size to test each other. And in addition, no more than 300 armored vehicles total. Armored vehicles includes tanks, APC's, and IFV's."

"As for location..." he thought some more, then snapped his fingers and grinned. "How about one set of games in each nation? You could send your troops over here first, and get them accustamed to the climate as the ones you want trained here go through that training, then we have the games."

"When those are finished, your troops return hom, and our troops travel with them, and we go through thhe same process. How does that sound?"

Hammond frowned in thought. "I'd say 10,000 troops total from each side, with up to 500 of those allowed to be paratroopers, should be a sufficient size to test each other. And in addition, no more than 300 armored vehicles total. Armored vehicles includes tanks, APC's, and IFV's."

"As for location..." he thought some more, then snapped his fingers and grinned. "How about one set of games in each nation? You could send your troops over here first, and get them accustamed to the climate as the ones you want trained here go through that training, then we have the games."

"When those are finished, your troops return home, and our troops travel with them, and we go through the same process. How does that sound?"

"That sounds great! When do you wanna start?"

OOC: Do you wanna start the thread now?

"That sounds great! When do you wanna start?"

OOC: Do you wanna start the thread now?

"We need time for all the troops and supplies to get to their destination, so...about two weeks ought to be sufficient time to get ready for the Spec-Ops training. About a month for that, then the games. And since you want this training to be secret, what better cover than these games, eh?"

OOC: Um...sure. Feel free to start the thread with the first of your troops arriving in Perth. I'll respond when I am able, I promise.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder