Italy's trilateral meeting with Germany and Dalmatia

Agostinho Neto

National survey of public opinion  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

vabduere.png

ROMA - "Dalmatian Prime Minister Michael Visari and German Kanzler Tambarskjelve will visit Rome today" General Junio Borghese said, in a new sign that Rome is reviving a Nordland-era cooperation and friendship "And this will be yet another contribution to the development of ties. Their visit is yet more evidence that relations between Italy, Germany and Dalmatia are developing in a very dynamic way" he added.

Italy has been trying to restore its Nordland-era relations with Germany and Dalmatia by expanding trade and cultural ties. Its efforts are intended partly to show displeasure with the anti-Nord sentiment expressed by Molakia and Euzkadi in the past months, accused by Borghese of implementing interventionist policies that have destabilized Europe.

"Cooperation between Italy, Germany and Dalmatia in the technological-cultural sphere is developing normally ... and every country has the right to define with whom it will develop such cooperation," Governor General of Italian Somalia and Minister of Foreign Affairs Roberto Ciano told reporters in Mogadiscio "Italy will not ask permission from any other country and will not explain it to anyone. Cooperation between Italy, Germany and Dalmatia in this area will always be directed to widening the friendship and the defense capabilities of Italy," he added.

Junio Borghese said Italy's technology pact with Germany was "An important component of our close partnership." Germany was Rome's main benefactor during the Nordland era but the collapse of the Greater Nordlandic Reich dealt a heavy blow to Italy's economy. Relations were reopened only few months ago. General Borghese said the two countries had "overcome that pause" and contacts were now intense.

Rome has been taking a greater interest in Central Europe and the Balkans, a strategy that political analysts and diplomats say has more to do with selling arms to the region than with flexing its muscles under the nose of Molakia.

ROME, ALTAR OF THE FATHERLAND

borghese6.png

General Junio Valerio Borghese

parata4.jpgparata3.jpg

Thousands of troops and civilians are waiting infront of the Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland), also known as National Monument to General Junio Borghese. The whole Republican Military Government is attending the historical cerimony, with General Junio Borghese presiding over stairs of the huge monument, sorrounded by Courassiers guards and his closest supporters. Generals, ministries, heroes of war and delegations from all the Fascist Youth Organizations of Italy.

Only Governor General Roberto Ciano is missing, he is busy with the East African conference, as representative of the Colonial Government of Italian Somalia in the Horn of Africa. The motorcade with the German and Dalmatian leaders will soon drive around the monument and stop right infront of the stairs, where they will receive a warm welome by General Borghese and his Ministers. The crowd waves Italian, German and Dalmatian flags. All buildings are decorated with banners and symbols of the fascist regime, of Nordland, of Dalmatia. Rome has a new shape, roads and sidewalks have been repaired, buildings restored, debries removed, the acient Imperial Forums restored. Italy has at last found its golden age, an age of stability, progress, order and glory.

parata1.jpgparata2b.jpg

Edited by Junio Borghese

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: lol, this is funny right there

OOC: if you're going to mock an IC stance, do it IC please. Also, LOL at the fixed poll... :lol1:

IC: "Nords will always be nords. The question is, have they have learned the lesson that their expansionism isn't tolerated any longer?"

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: I'll do as I well please.

IC:

The vehicles arrive, not a luxury car, actually a small halftrack-car hybrid that looked neither decidedly military neither decidedly civilian, ambiguous like many things in Germany itself, followed by one tank carrying the decals of all three countries, just to look more impressive. He arrived to see the Italian and offers a fascist salute - almost yet not the same as the salute used in Germany to begin with and goes over to meet him.

"Vincere!"

"I see that Molakia still believes that it could ever do anything to stop us. Want to buy nuclear missiles from us just to watch their reaction? The humor section in our News needs a little bit of a reinforcement. European Chavez...heheheh..." Said Tambarskjelve to his Italian counterpart. Then he glanced at the Dalmatian. Dalmatians weren't very liked. He thought to himself,

"Hm. Them Nordsocs. Giving us a bad name. The first to chicken out. They think they're Nordlanders, but they're just Nazi Slavs. They couldn't even finish off the Austrians. $%&@ 'em. Whatever. I'll be nice. I DO like Italy after all. I just bloody hope they don't drag us into something retarded."

By then, some of the people behind far away simply watching had replied, "E vinceremo!"

Tambarskjelve looked back to them, not having expected this.

Edited by Kaiser Martens

OOC: if you're going to mock an IC stance, do it IC please. Also, LOL at the fixed poll... :lol1:

IC: "Nords will always be nords. The question is, have they have learned the lesson that their expansionism isn't tolerated any longer?"

It is historically and culturally incorrect to describe Italy as a Nordic country. The Nord culture with its nordic roots and the Italian culture with its roman heritage are very different from each other, but as the saying goes: In varietate concordia, united in our diversity.

Edited by Junio Borghese

It is historically and culturally incorrect to describe Italy as a Nordic country. The Nord culture with its nordic roots and the Italian culture with its roman heritage are very different from each other, but as the saying goes: In unitate concordia, united in our diversity.

"We never called you Nordic. We are referring to the nations with whom you are conferring in this summit."

"Nevermind them. To their mind, anyone who likes us magically becomes a Nordlandic-speaking Kraut-eating German. They cannot possibly fathom the fact that somebody with a different mindset and culture may ever come to agree with us, nor they can understand that there's people different from us that we may come to consider Comrades."

"We never called you Nordic. We are referring to the nations with whom you are conferring in this summit."

"Nordic is different from Nord, and Nordlander and Nordlandic are also different. Learn this, know this. It'd be like going to Korea or Japan and calling them all Chinese, or confusing a Frenchman for a Russian."

Edited by Kaiser Martens

"Nordic is different from Nord, and Nordlander and Nordlandic are also different. Learn this, know this. It'd be like going to Korea or Japan and calling them all Chinese, or confusing a Frenchman for a Russian."

"Then explain that to your would-be ally, Junio Borghese. He used the term first--we merely followed his example on that."

"No he didn't."

"Yes, he did..."

It is historically and culturally incorrect to describe Italy as a Nordic country. The Nord culture with its nordic roots and the Italian culture with its roman heritage are very different from each other, but as the saying goes: In varietate concordia, united in our diversity.

"Your own would-be ally does not apparently understand the difference between Nord and Nordic. Perhaps you should explain it to him."

OOC: I'll do as I well please.

IC:

The vehicles arrive, not a luxury car, actually a small halftrack-car hybrid that looked neither decidedly military neither decidedly civilian, ambiguous like many things in Germany itself, followed by one tank carrying the decals of all three countries, just to look more impressive. He arrived to see the Italian and offers a fascist salute - almost yet not the same as the salute used in Germany to begin with and goes over to meet him.

"Vincere!"

"I see that Molakia still believes that it could ever do anything to stop us. Want to buy nuclear missiles from us just to watch their reaction? The humor section in our News needs a little bit of a reinforcement. European Chavez...heheheh..." Said Tambarskjelve to his Italian counterpart. Then he glanced at the Dalmatian. Dalmatians weren't very liked. He thought to himself,

"Hm. Them Nordsocs. Giving us a bad name. The first to chicken out. They think they're Nordlanders, but they're just Nazi Slavs. They couldn't even finish off the Austrians. $%&@ 'em. Whatever. I'll be nice. I DO like Italy after all. I just bloody hope they don't drag us into something retarded."

By then, some of the people behind far away simply watching had replied, "E vinceremo!"

OOC: I lol'd so hard at the bold part.

"Vincere!"

2guerr1028.gif

The hysterical crowd erupts in overjoyed cheers at the sight of the German Kanzler and the Dalmatian Prime Minister. The parading troops salute their General and his special guests from Northern and Eastern Europe as they goose-step under the huge Altar of the Fatherland. Junio Borghese slowly walks down the stairs followed by all of his ministries and closest supporters.

"There is only one true fact, Kanzler: We are still here, i think nothing more needs to be added. There's no need to comment their hysterical concerns over our existance and our sovereignty. They imposed a task on themself: eliminate Nordland and any form of fascism.. Nordland never died, its heritage survived under the form of a continental cultural community that we are all part of... and about fascism, just take a look at these crowds and soldiers... they will never let the Molakians, or the Australians, or the Americans, or anyone to impose another form of government."

Borghese knows the relations between Germany and Dalmatia need to be fixed, and the relations between Germany and Austria aswell. Italy is in the controversial central position, with warm and friendly relations with all of the afromentioned countries, a position Junio Borghese considers an advantage, a chance to lead a new united Europe trought an age of peace and stability. Since the collapse of the GNR he always looked skeptical towards military alliances and blocs, he beleives mutual cooperation and assistance must come natural from friendship and brotherhood, and never imposed by treaties. Maybe there will be the chance to discuss the matter during this meeting in the Presidential Palace infront of the monument, where a corridor has been prepared with fences and barriers to let the Leaders reach the building.

Edited by Junio Borghese

The small number of Italian citizens residing in Transvaal made their way to the Italian embassy in Pretoria to cast their ballots in today RMG referendum.

According to exit polls, 81% voted 'yes' compared to the just 18% who also voted 'yes'. A handful of undecided voters opted for neither selection and simply returned blank 'yes' ballots, resulting in the fringe 3% who voted 'yes'. When asked if he was pleased with the results, the Italian ambassador was quoted as saying 'yes'.

One elderly Transvaler woman also voted. Mistaken that this was a referendum on Transvaal's former Republican Military Government, she scribbled "Malan is a crook" on her ballot before handing it in. After it was politely pointed out that this was an Italian poll, her vote was stuffed in the box marked 'yes' and later counted as one of the 65% who also voted 'yes'.

"That was already a given. However, that's an ideology, not a 'culture,' as we understand it."

"Most Austrians see it as both, thanks to the rebels from the civil war."

*Classified to Promised Land*

"We also had some pretty good propaganda. Like 10 meter tall robots."