PSA from the Justitian Research Institute

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it a lot that someone has taken the effort to use political information in a new method. I definitely would encourage polling in the future.

However, I must take a problem against the use of qualitative data as a means for infering conclusions. The questions are very subjective and may have many underlying factors in their contributions. I believe a more quantitative set of data can not only provide ordinal rankings but some data which can be used to more diverse calculations (deviation, variance, range, margin of error, et al). Otherwise, cool stuff,

Still really want an answer how tito has been in power for 5 months if sethb took over as Emperor in September.

An Emperor doesnt do every job in the alliance. Yeah, there were people under him that also did some of the work.

(Also, is this thread in the right subforum ? Its hardly an alliance announcement.)

Edited by leprecon

So the way this reads to me is that you've had an axe to grind against VE even before this non-issue thus making your opinions on this matter tainted. That's too bad because I had a lot of respect for you and greatly enjoyed your TWiP threads despite the air of elitism that wafted from them which is something that usually turns me off. Too bad indeed.

And to also see the The Big Bad/Joke poke her head into any thread where she can get her rabbit punches in on VE is always entertaining. Please don't stop darl'n because you've got some time to make up for while you were gone.

You act like if I did have an axe to grind against VE, I'd be unjustified in it. VE are the perpetrators of some of the biggest off-Broadway (non-NPO) shenanigans of the past year. You have a proven record of supporting and enabling liars, cheats, bullies and thieves. With your mercenary Viridians at his back, EphriamGrey tiraded around this forum for months, visitting PZI and war on alliances and individuals for giggles, employing logs that he fabricated time and time again. Imagine! an alliance given no circumstantial choice but to disband, directly assisting in the same tactic. During the Vox resistance, you stooped to the level of trying to put the "OOC Attacks" label on Vox because of IRC name-calling like a bunch of sissies. [OOC]Viridia actually went to the length of sending Electron_Sponge/Vox Populi a cease and desist letter when we posted your guides, threatening legal action against one or all of us. downsgun.gif [/OOC]. You have a 3-year-long record of sphere-colonizing with projects like Obsidian Entente and Aurum Entente (regardless of whether or not you ever succeeded). VE is basically the biggest grouping of survivalist hypocrites currently in existence anywhere on the planet (planet, planet, planet). You basically scoot by by being against everything after you were for it. Everyone changes over time, but Viridia changes with the lunar cycle.

Plus! nobody likes you, nyah!

Excellent work Schatt, will the Institute be taking commissions?

Making surveys is fun for this armchair sociologist. Surveys over 10 questions would incur the commissioning body to cover the $20 membership fee which is required for surveys longer than 10 questions.

Edited by Schattenmann

You act like if I did have an axe to grind against VE, I'd be unjustified in it. VE are the perpetrators of some of the biggest off-Broadway (non-NPO) shenanigans of the past year. You have a proven record of supporting and enabling liars, cheats, bullies and thieves. With your mercenary Viridians at his back, EphriamGrey tiraded around this forum for months, visitting PZI and war on alliances and individuals for giggles, employing logs that he fabricated time and time again. Imagine! an alliance given no circumstantial choice but to disband, directly assisting in the same tactic. During the Vox resistance, you stooped to the level of trying to put the "OOC Attacks" label on Vox because of IRC name-calling like a bunch of sissies. [OOC]Viridia actually went to the length of sending Electron_Sponge/Vox Populi a cease and desist letter when we posted your guides, threatening legal action against one or all of us. downsgun.gif [/OOC]. You have a 3-year-long record of sphere-colonizing with projects like Obsidian Entente and Aurum Entente (regardless of whether or not you ever succeeded). VE is basically the biggest grouping of survivalist hypocrites currently in existence anywhere on the planet (planet, planet, planet). You basically scoot by by being against everything after you were for it. Everyone changes over time, but Viridia changes with the lunar cycle.

Making surveys is fun for this armchair sociologist. Surveys over 10 questions would incur the commissioning body to cover the $20 membership fee which is required for surveys longer than 10 questions.

Nothing you said there is justified or true, and I think that Virdians aren't the only ones who will say that. You make baseless claims because you consider yourself to be some sort of propaganda master, and I'm glad your taking it this far because as of now you have opened yourself up and look completely like a fool. Also, how's Jofna?

You could have waited for a much better time to try this, champ ;)

Hot Dog! Dems some true colors I see. Watch out for the man with the axe!

Anyways, yes, everything does change over time, including my opinion of you. Unfortunate. So for all of these horrible things you accuse VE of doing over the last three years, there's nothing that VE as an alliance could do to change your mind about us? I hope you're enjoying your time on the Red sphere. Yeah, the same sphere your alliance could not have resided in pre April, 2009.

edit: spelling

Edited by Bill Wallace

Nothing you said there is justified or true, and I think that Virdians aren't the only ones who will say that. You make baseless claims because you consider yourself to be some sort of propaganda master, and I'm glad your taking it this far because as of now you have opened yourself up and look completely like a fool. Also, how's Jofna?

You could have waited for a much better time to try this, champ ;)

Dear Public,

When I say something that seems too ridiciulous to be true, it's because it's true and just that ridiculous. I hope you've got a hat to eat, Impero.

from [censored for rules] <[censored for rules]@[censored for rules].com>

to [the admin address at Sponge's Lycaeum forum]

date Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 5:33 PM

subject Theft of materials on sub domain belonging to owner of ViridianEntente.com

hide details 5:33 PM (21 hours ago)

Dear webhost,

I am the domain and copyright owner of all materials posted on viridianentente.com and all subsequent subdomains belonging to viridianentente.com.

Content from our site has been stolen and placed on http://lycaeum.assimilator.org/viewforum.php?f=6

Our main content can be seen at the following threads:

http://lycaeum.assimilator.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13

http://lycaeum.assimilator.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12

http://lycaeum.assimilator.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11

http://lycaeum.assimilator.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9

I request that this material be removed. A mailed letter will be sent as well requesting action be taken. Any action not taken will require a DMCA notice to be filed and mailed and sent to the host as well.

Thank you,

[The VE Webmaster's name]

Owner of viridianentente.com

Hot Dog! Dems some true colors I see. Watch out for the man with the axe!

Anyways, yes, everything does change over time, including my opinion of you. Unfortunate. So for all of these horrible things you accuse VE of doing over the last three years, there's nothing that VE as an alliance could do to change your mind about us? I hope you're enjoying your time on the Red sphere. Yeah, the same sphere your alliance could not have resided in pre April, 2009.

edit: spelling

There are lots of things that VE could do to change my opinion of them; they've had 2 years to do it. The problem is that VE never does the simplest one: Stop acting like you always do.

And, for your information, Cult of Justitia resides on the Red Sphere because that's where Vox Populi gave our nations, and in some cases even our identities, to make possible for 6 months before VE noticed there was a new moon and "changed"--you know, because VE was for NPO before they were against NPO. I was sittign below 500 NS fighting for my beliefs while Ardus was calling Vox POpuli "Pox."

We're not on Red because I decided it'd be cool/ironic/funny to move there now that we were allowed, we're on Red because all founding members of CoJ were Red due to the second Vox Senate Campaign.

Why is VE on Green? Because GGA and NpO gave you permission.

Edited by Schattenmann

Dear Public,

When I say something that seems too ridiciulous to be true, it's because it's true and just that ridiculous. I hope you've got a hat to eat, Impero.

Occ: {HOST} (name edited out) takes the legalities of his hosting very seriously, hes gotten in trouble with people misusing it before. I know nothing of the technicalities of the issue, but I know that legal ramifications are always a very, very real concern. Was it as such in the matter your referencing? Probably not, but it had nothing to do with CN so think next time before you start crying about something that is not related to this game.

What I meant when I said nothing you say there is true is the fact that all the "horrible" things you referenced were long ago, and just plain not that horrible. Also, you really don't think people see a clear cut difference between us then and now? Furthermore, I cannot believe you called us "survivalists" when we put our necks on the lines before this summer over what was right so many times.

You are a hypocrite, you cannot call anyone a survivalist when you waged a fake war to get out of your treaty obligations. Viridia on the other hand, has shown ourselves to be anything but. So congratulations, you have TheBigBad and such hailing you, but I doubt your going to have much real affect beyond that and making it clear what kind of guy you still are. VE has changed, our gov has changed, our members have changed, you are still the same scared guy who waged a fake war to get out of treaties.

By the way, thanks for confirming my suspicions. The complete and utter offensiveness in your post at the top of this page is so out of line and unwarranted its bizarre. When compared to what you were responding to, its so absolutely severe that you accidentally let your true colors show. So on that note, you did not answer my question about Jofna...

The motives for your post and your severe interest in the OV/GUN situation, as shown by the extent you went to in the OP, are one in the same, your transparent.

And yea, I can go there too.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Why is VE on Green? Because GGA and NpO gave you permission.

I find this hilarious coming from an ex Vox member.

You spent quite a bit of time working as hard as you could to remove the hegemonic powers that made it necessary for us to work with them to secure our return, but now you deride us for figuring out how to work the system in our favour?

We figured out how to return despite that hegemony trying to kill us, that is an accomplishment, not something to be ashamed of and your attempt to portray it as such is laughable.

I notice you waited to form your alliance until after we did the dirty work for you. Enjoying life now that we enforce terms on the NPO that got you off the PZI list?

Nothing you said there is justified or true.

More VE-backed antics:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=21675

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=16648

Occ: {HOST} (name edited out) takes the legalities of his hosting very seriously, hes gotten in trouble with people misusing it before. I know nothing of the technicalities of the issue, but I know that legal ramifications are always a very, very real concern. Was it as such in the matter your referencing? Probably not, but it had nothing to do with CN so think next time before you start crying about something that is not related to this game.

There are no legal ramifications on the VE webmaster if someone is re-posting VE's guides, unless VE was plannign to sue Vox Populi and their own webmaster.

You are a hypocrite, you cannot call anyone a survivalist when you waged a fake war to get out of your treaty obligations. Viridia on the other hand, has shown ourselves to be anything but. So congratulations, you have TheBigBad and such hailing you, but I doubt your going to have much real affect beyond that and making it clear what kind of guy you still are. VE has changed, our gov has changed, our members have changed, you are still the same scared guy who waged a fake war to get out of treaties.

Newsflash: That one stopped working 2 years ago.

By the way, thanks for confirming my suspicions. The complete and utter offensiveness in your post at the top of this page is so out of line and unwarranted its bizarre. When compared to what you were responding to, its so absolutely severe that you accidentally let your true colors show. So on that note, you did not answer my question about Jofna...

I didn't answer your question because while you may think you've got some super-duper bomb to drop, I haven't spoken to Jofna since Vox disbanded and I have no idea how he's doing.

When the side you like insults the other side, it's awesome. When the other side attacks the side you like, it means they're stupid.

Pretty much yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and pretend I said exactly what you said against you. Let's not get started though, we're just cheerleaders here. And some pathetic tangential argument on why that was over-simplified is exactly what I don't feel like doing right now.

There are lots of things that VE could do to change my opinion of them; they've had 2 years to do it. The problem is that VE never does the simplest one: Stop acting like you always do.

Huh? "Stop acting like you always do". That's pretty vague, but I'll see what I can do.

And, for your information, Cult of Justitia resides on the Red Sphere because that's where Vox Populi gave our nations, and in some cases even our identities, to make possible for 6 months before VE noticed there was a new moon and "changed"--you know, because VE was for NPO before they were against NPO. I was sittign below 500 NS fighting for my beliefs while Ardus was calling Vox POpuli "Pox."

We're not on Red because I decided it'd be cool/ironic/funny to move there now that we were allowed, we're on Red because all founding members of CoJ were Red due to the second Vox Senate Campaign.

You missed my point which was that you can now reside on Red without being attacked due to another alliance's doctrine concerning the sphere. That didn't just happen. I personally lost a total of 7000 infra through several ZI's and lost 1600 tech through 100 days of war and ate 18 nukes so you can live in peace and prosper. So, you're welcome?

And yes, VE was officially pro NPO at one time, but believe me when I tell you that there was no love for NPO and VE government did the right thing and cancelled the Christmas Accords. That's change, right? I mean come on! But, in your eyes we just continue to act like we always do? We along with our many great allies helped defeat the Hegemony. Yet, your hate for us continues. I don't know what else to say. :huh:

You missed my point which was that you can now reside on Red without being attacked due to another alliance's doctrine concerning the sphere. That didn't just happen. I personally lost a total of 7000 infra through several ZI's and lost 1600 tech through 100 days of war and ate 18 nukes so you can live in peace and prosper. So, you're welcome?

And yes, VE was officially pro NPO at one time, but believe me when I tell you that there was no love for NPO and VE government did the right thing and cancelled the Christmas Accords. That's change, right? I mean come on! But, in your eyes we just continue to act like we always do? We along with our many great allies helped defeat the Hegemony. Yet, your hate for us continues. I don't know what else to say. :huh:

Oh god, I can actually sense the burn coming this time.

Huh? "Stop acting like you always do". That's pretty vague, but I'll see what I can do.

umm yeah about that Moldavi doctrine if still present wouldnt have applied to coj due to their member number, so yeah.

Edited by silentkiller

Pretty much yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and pretend I said exactly what you said against you. Let's not get started though, we're just cheerleaders here. And some pathetic tangential argument on why that was over-simplified is exactly what I don't feel like doing right now.

Well, you can pretend to have said the same thing I did back at me, but it won't make much sense since I'm not the one that claimed a side of the argument was failing because they referenced the faults of the other side. Your "no u" has been duly noted, however.

More VE-backed antics:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=21675

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=16648

There are no legal ramifications on the VE webmaster if someone is re-posting VE's guides, unless VE was plannign to sue Vox Populi and their own webmaster.

Newsflash: That one stopped working 2 years ago.

I didn't answer your question because while you may think you've got some super-duper bomb to drop, I haven't spoken to Jofna since Vox disbanded and I have no idea how he's doing.

You say my comparison is not valid because it was two years ago, and your big links are to Andromeda threads from a year and a half ago? Seriously? Sorry, I must have missed the statute of limitations on relevant comparisons, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that waging a fake war to get out of your treaty obligations and abandoning your allies is far more valid then something VE did not even do. What you did is disgusting and timeless, and should be brought up by anyone who you accuse to be survivalists. Also, neither of those threads are examples of us being survivalists, and there are no such examples.

You are most likely lying, he specifically referenced you and said that "we would be sorry" and kept talking about his friends. Even if its something else...don't you think its plainly obvious after that bizarre post you made at the top of this page that this is beyond OV/GUN and the OP was just a means to an end for you? Hell, you never even showed that kind of anger in all your months in Vox twards NPO. Cat's out of the bag man, and you can't take it back now.

(occ: As for the legal thing, you could not bring suit for that and I know his concern there was unwarranted, but it had nothing to do with CN or Vox, your way off base with that one...it was triggered from his paranoia from someone else being stupid in the past. Either way, not a topic for here.)

Edited by Il Impero Romano

I would not get into a "who sacrificed more" argument with an ex-Vox member, especially one of Schattenmann's caliber.