Joint TSO/BTO Announcment

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong but you were not there during those uncertain days when there was a reasonable chance that we might not secure a protectorate. Despite what you and your Polairs chums would have the wider community believe, we were more than prepared to defend our community against Q and the various vultures who had lacked the hide to hit us when we had a little more muscle behind us; with or without the help of TOP.

Thankfully, our Paradoxians comrades decided to grant us a protectorate that would later flourish into a MDoAP based on mutual respect and a very strong friendship. Even after we secured the protectorate, we were more than happy to dual MCXA if they felt there was some kind of score they needed to settle with us. They decline because they knew as well as us that the only people who had taken the MCXA Armament Programs seriously had left for the Oblivion.

I think its fair to say that the creedence of freedom of association transcends the pages of the Bill of Rights and permeates everyday activity in Digiterria. We are certainly not the first alliance to seceede from another and we probably will not be the last, although we are probably one of the unlucky few who will be condemned for it. Although we had proceeded with the intention of making the transition as smooth as possible, things were played out of our hands and the split was difficult for everyone involved as a result.

By this point we owed MCXA precisely squat and were under no real pressure to give them anything but in the spirit of helping our former comrades back to their feet, we agreed to pay them a large aid package. We could have just as easily given them the middle finger for making the split a whole lot harder than it needed to be and filled our slots with tech but we choose to extend the olive branch instead.

The events I have regaled to you over this post and the last hardly resemble the actions of stat collectors. We are not afraid of a fight, we a more than happy to forego personal growth in the name of helping out our friends. Now, I know you're a spiteful litlte bugger who is bent on smearing our name at every given opportunity but I appreciate it if your accusations had a morsel of truth to them. Then again, why let the facts get in the way of a good story?

Come and get us big boy.

:P

you can't have your cake and eat it too. Either Q wanted you dead, or you paid MCXA out of generosity and could have easily have given them the middle finger, i know coherent arguments are hard to come by within TSO but please and least try and not contradict yourself.

I'll give you that you would have rolled MCXA easily b/c speaking as someone who helped organize a war effort against their alliance, they were poorly prepared for war (note, i don't have a beef with MCXA, in fact i like quite a few of their members, but at the time they were ill prepared for war) But your arrogance and inability to understand global politics is a major problem i have with TSO. had you tried to tell MCXA to f off after you guys bailed on them, and thats exactly what you did regardless of how many different colors you try and pain it, it would have ended very badly for you and your ilk.

fact. you decided throwing money at MCXA would fix your problems.

Fact. TSO was not in any sort of position of political strength at your founding, don't pretend like you were (protip: you're still not ;) )

Fact TSO is the collective waste bin for alliances trying to get rid of their less desirable members.

you can talk about me not using facts all day long, but the little pipe dream you're trying to sell us isn't going to fly either chief ;)

hopefully by the end of this thread BTO will realize the lapse of judgement they made in signing this and, once they've taken all the cash they can from you, they drop you like a bad habit.

Fact TSO is the collective waste bin for alliances trying to get rid of their less desirable members.

Not really a waste bin so much as a pit of dishonor, broken promises, and betrayed friends. Add to that the fact that judging by their Average NS they're huge stat collectors, and it becomes impossible to imagine them as anything else, much in the same way they probably can't imagine anything but their infra.

Edited by Berith

you can't have your cake and eat it too. Either Q wanted you dead, or you paid MCXA out of generosity and could have easily have given them the middle finger, i know coherent arguments are hard to come by within TSO but please and least try and not contradict yourself.

I'll give you that you would have rolled MCXA easily b/c speaking as someone who helped organize a war effort against their alliance, they were poorly prepared for war (note, i don't have a beef with MCXA, in fact i like quite a few of their members, but at the time they were ill prepared for war) But your arrogance and inability to understand global politics is a major problem i have with TSO. had you tried to tell MCXA to f off after you guys bailed on them, and thats exactly what you did regardless of how many different colors you try and pain it, it would have ended very badly for you and your ilk.

fact. you decided throwing money at MCXA would fix your problems.

Fact. TSO was not in any sort of position of political strength at your founding, don't pretend like you were (protip: you're still not ;) )

you can talk about me not using facts all day long, but the little pipe dream you're trying to sell us isn't going to fly either chief ;)

hopefully by the end of this thread BTO will realize the lapse of judgement they made in signing this and, once they've taken all the cash they can from you, they drop you like a bad habit.

I said Q was a concern in the days before we signed the protectorate with Paradoxia. From then and thereafter, we were under no pressure to give MCXA a damn thing. I would hardly consider that a contradiction in terms. Perhaps you should evaluate your comprehension skills before you criticize the ability of others to mount a reasonable arguement, champ.

Edited by SunnyInc

I said Q was a concern in the days before we signed the protectorate with Paradoxia. From then and thereafter, we were under no pressure to give MCXA a damn thing. I would hardly consider that a contradiction in terms. Perhaps you should evaluate your comprehension skills before you criticize the ability of others to mount a reasonable arguement, champ.

so you only signed a protectorate with TOP so that you wouldn't be, rightfully, crushed to oblivion by Q? thank you for basically confirming everything i've ever thought about you guys. your gov really did/does have a knack of doing things to save your pixels.

Also i don't think anyone is buying the whole "we had no pressure to do anything" line of argument. you can sit in your garage and say "i'm a car i'm a car i'm a car" all day if you want, but that doesn't change anything pal

Edited by elborrador

so you only signed a protectorate with TOP so that you wouldn't be, rightfully, crushed to oblivion by Q? thank you for basically confirming everything i've ever thought about you guys. your gov really did/does have a knack of doing things to save your pixels.

I am not sure what my fellow friends said about a few of these issues but I'll present my own views.

1. No, we signed the protectorate with TOP because we didn't expect to get big enough to be able to protect ourselves.

2. That said, I know it'll be hard to believe but I think the last thing we have ever cared about are our "pixels". In fact, most of us are done with them (OOC) game, and simply play it for the community.

3. We are awful treaty partners. I think no one can judge that better than our actual treaty partners who apparently don't think that way. Let alone our MDoAP with TOP, I'd call our relationship with TFD excellent. I think in the past we have profited a lot from each other, and I am sure that we have proven, that we stand behind every single TFDer in times of need.

We have a long lasting friendship with BTO and I am glad we have this treaty now. BTO and TFD have access to our private channel, Lusitan even has full access on our Forums. So you can say that both are actively participating in our alliance life.

4. People who claim that we are isolated or that we don't get recruits are in the wrong, too. The normal TSOer however is very picky when it comes to new Applicants and new treaty partners, so in the end most treaties and applicants get declined. Our section for declined applicants is twice as large as the Forum section for accepted ones.

I am not sure about when exactly you are talking about, but I know, that in early January MCXA had more WRC's than IRON and NPO and I assume the war chests at that time weren't bad either. I know that even after we left, nc1701 worked hard to maintain these standards.

5. People that claim we ran away from MCXA should get the facts straight as well. We offered MCXA and NPO a treaty at that time. So tell me how exactly does that fit into our strategy of pixel saving?

Also i don't think anyone is buying the whole "we had no pressure to do anything" line of argument. you can sit in your garage and say "i'm a car i'm a car i'm a car" all day if you want, but that doesn't change anything pal

I said we were concerned about our security a few days before the protectorate was actually signed, I never suggested that was one of the reasons we signed a treaty with TOP. We had approached TOP a long time before the split issue blew up in our face. We wanted to sign with them because we liked them and shared a certain affinity with them, not because we thought signing with them would save us from total destruction. As it turns out, they probably did end up saving our necks but thats just the way things panned out.

Anyhow, it is a dead giveaway that you are desperately fighting an uphill battle and losing when you start reading so far into my posts that you see things that are not there. I'll have you know that your shallow and specious style of "debate" is not welcome in our announcements; I'm sure the same holds true for anyone else who has to put up with your obnoxious behaviour. Seek attention elsewhere.

I'm sorry to get in the middle of this little spat over, well, hurt egos...but aren't protectorates signed, in most part, because the protectorate needs protection from the protector? If you're going to try to argue that they're signed to raise the little guy, to show them the game, to lead them through Planet Bob...you're really fooling yourself. Quite a few new alliances are led by experienced leaders who need protection while they grow up.

So why rag on TSO for getting a protectorate to protect themselves. Hell PROTECT is in the freakin name.

But yeah...as an alliance who seceded from a larger, more well-known one, I have felt the animosity (although not as publicly) as TSO does. I can only say that we trust BTO in their choices of treaty partners and we expect TSO to uphold their end with our protectorate. As long as that happens, and I have faith that they will, then all will be just fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you were not there during those uncertain days when there was a reasonable chance that we might not secure a protectorate. Despite what you and your Polairs chums would have the wider community believe, we were more than prepared to defend our community against Q and the various vultures who had lacked the hide to hit us when we had a little more muscle behind us; with or without the help of TOP.

At the risk of being called a whiner, I feel that it necessary to point out that your protectorate was announced five posts after your DoE.

The Sweet Oblivion would be a smoking crater right now if it wasn't for the protection that TOP affords them. That is a known fact, however, the phrase "protected by TOP" is a complete Paradox. History has shown us that if a small to medium size alliance attacked an ally of TOP those tree hugging, stat collecting, yellow belly cowards would run the other way and leave their ally out to dry. TSO is not protected by TOP. TSO is protected by the illusion that the ignorant masses have of TOP.

Feanor, I love you.

(Out of Costume) - I knew it!

The Sweet Oblivion would be a smoking crater right now if it wasn't for the protection that TOP affords them. That is a known fact, however, the phrase "protected by TOP" is a complete Paradox. History has shown us that if a small to medium size alliance attacked an ally of TOP those tree hugging, stat collecting, yellow belly cowards would run the other way and leave their ally out to dry. TSO is not protected by TOP. TSO is protected by the illusion that the ignorant masses have of TOP.

Before you go around spouting absolutely useless crap, try doing some research. TSO is an MDoAP partner of TOP. The only factual information in your above post is "TSO is not protected by TOP.", and anyone with half a brain could have figured that out.

Before you go around spouting absolutely useless crap, try doing some research. TSO is an MDoAP partner of TOP. The only factual information in your above post is "TSO is not protected by TOP.", and anyone with half a brain could have figured that out.

TOP is just going to bail on TSO the first chance they get anyway, so its a moot point really.

Do try to keep up. :rolleyes:

Like you know anything.

Oh, it's another typical Paradoxian post where where you sit there with your little smug attitude and judge others. How about you come down off your high horse and drop the attitude.

How about I get my high horse to kick your $@!.

Ah, the threat.

It's completely obvious that you can not refute my statements so first you try and cut me with an underhanded personal attack and when that doesn't phase me you resort to threats against my person. I've seen this song and dance so many times from you people that I've lost count.

Ah, the threat.

It's completely obvious that you can not refute my statements so first you try and cut me with an underhanded personal attack and when that doesn't phase me you resort to threats against my person. I've seen this song and dance so many times from you people that I've lost count.

It's hard to refute your delusions and slander with truth since you don't seem to be competent enough to grasp reality. Hopefully the nuclear radiation will be able to destroy the cancer that is your nation.