Ordo Verde Announcement

sethb

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see...so then are we getting closer to the truth?

EDIT: OP might as well spill it if you are going to at all ;)

Yes and no. Like Seth said, all pertinent information will be made readily available when and if the necessary time comes.

I remember when Green used to be a good sphere.

Oh it still is, GUN has not been a Green alliance for a while ;)

Edited by Il Impero Romano

So when OV and allies go ahead and curbstomp.

Of course not. A curb stomp is a manufactured war for the presumable purpose of getting technology from surrender terms, and I trust OV and her allies would never, ever partake in such a thing. Why you assume we would or where you have ever seen an example of that type of previous behavior I have no idea, because personally I can only think of character examples that would point to the opposite (i.e. OV's only major war was a defensive one).

Also, this is a treaty cancellation, not a DoW.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Of course not. A curb stomp is a manufactured war for the presumable purpose of getting technology from surrender terms, and I trust OV and her allies would never, ever partake in such a thing. Why you assume we would or where you have ever seen an example of that type of previous behavior I have no idea, because personally I can only think of character examples that would point to the opposite (i.e. OV's only major war was a defensive one).

Touche, Sir. They've been in more than 1 war and that does appear to be a curbstomp.

Edited by Desperado

Touche, Sir. They've been in more than 1 war and that does appear to be a curbstomp.

They hardly even attacked them, then tried to help them rewrite their charter and give them overall guidance to succeed(even offered a protectorate if I recall) :x I could see where it could be seen as otherwise without being there though haha

Also, this is a treaty cancellation, not a DoW.

Let's not argue over semantics.

I've found quite the opposite to be true, but like all good things, an explanation will come in time.

Uh-oh. That doesn't sound very good for GUN, which is a shmae because I love those guys. I truly hope this can all be settled peacefully.

Uh-oh. That doesn't sound very good for GUN, which is a shame because I love those guys. I truly hope this can all be settled peacefully.

Agreed. Zen was a former GUNner and went home after the fit hit the shan with OV. I know I have nowhere close to all the facts, but from what the little birdies tell me, Zen tried to change the masking to get rid of Seth after he returned to coup OV with the support of VE. For that, he's being punished. I'm sure there's another side, but the only thing that's clear to me at this moment is that Zen was sitting government in an alliance that was threatened by coup and took action to protect his alliance. I'm not sure how that could be dishonorable...but again, I don't know the full story.

Agreed. Zen was a former GUNner and went home after the fit hit the shan with OV. I know I have nowhere close to all the facts, but from what the little birdies tell me, Zen tried to change the masking to get rid of Seth after he returned to coup OV with the support of VE. For that, he's being punished. I'm sure there's another side, but the only thing that's clear to me at this moment is that Zen was sitting government in an alliance that was threatened by coup and took action to protect his alliance. I'm not sure how that could be dishonorable...but again, I don't know the full story.

I remember when VE government was coup'd with the help of NPO. History tends to repeat itself apparently.

you must be really old.

Oh, I am. And I feel it every day.

Edited by Jonathan Brookbank

Ugh, no...you need better sources.

In accordance with Article VII. of the Hookers and Blow treaty with the Global United Nations, Ordo Verde hereby gives public notice of the cancellation of this treaty. We do not wish to have an ally that would provide those wishing to cause us harm a hiding place.

How did they cause you harm? :ehm: Full story please

Edited by Willem

Anything I say is pure speculation. I'm just curious to find out more. I've known Zen and his character for a long time. There are always 3 sides to every story, and I have to believe that Zen acted in the best interest of the then government of OV. If that is the case, then his agenda and Seth's would have opposed each other, naturally. That wouldn't make him wrong though.

No point in saying more unless either or all sides are going to present their interpretation of the facts. I just hope that cooler heads will prevail in this situation.

Edited by Gabe Logan

Seth, our two alliances have been friends for a long time and I'm genuinely saddened that you reacted in such a manner within twenty four hours of coming to us with your complaint. Our friendship meant quite a lot to us and we could only have wished that you allowed us more time to become fully aware of the facts surrounding this situation. I hope you understand that we find it incredibly difficult to simply sacrifice one of our members at a moments notice. A member who has been a former leader of GUN and a close friend to many of us within the alliance.

We were examining all the information provided to us when you announced the dissolution of our treaty. Our decision was to be a difficult one and it has been made much worse. Much of the information given to us comes from a third party, one we neither know nor have reason to trust, and you expect us to act on it with little consideration.

An official GUN statement is forthcoming.

Edited by Airgialla