The Hanseatic Commonwealth

Sarah Tintagyl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Australian Plains, Due North-West of Brisbane

"Nemesis...Nemesis"

It was a chant that could be heard miles across the darkened Australian landscape and yet it was almost silent at the same time for the only the animals, the trees, and the sky could hear the chants. In the middle of the field was an altar, it was a simple structure and yet complex, a stone circle that had been dug into the ground with uneven limestone rocks sticking out and up every which way. Surrounding the circle were statues, their faces similar the stone angels in the cathedrals of Austria, France, Spain, and Italy, and yet it was clearly seen that these were not angels at least not angels of the Christian tradition. The soft faces on the stone were covered in strange lines and designs that ran down their stone necks, arms, and legs. In one out stretched hand, the statues held a stone basin that fresh water was placed in, normally in the heat of the Australian afternoon the basins were dry and so the presence of clear water alone meant that something was to take place. This added to the fact that in the other outstretched hands of the statues, each one held a wooden torch that burned brightly in the dark. Ten statues, ten torches, and ten basins surrounded the circle as the chants of "Nemesis...Nemesis," grew closer and closer to the altar.

Ten women in white robes walked barefoot across the hard ground of the plains, the altar having prepared for them in advance by the members of the Guard. Their arms were bare and their hair let down to fall along their back. Along their arms were much of the same designs that were engraved on the statues, thick brown lines of varying designs and some animals ran like veins from their feet, to their thighs, to their chests, and up their necks. In tow behind them was another figure, this one a white shroud was placed over, the woman under the shroud could see where they were going, and what was happening, she had been here before, though this ceremony was much different.

The robed women reached the circle and stood near the statues, while the woman under the shroud was led in last, the shroud removed and there stood the Hanseatic Foreign Minister, Valeria Sangral, a Lillian Guard her naked body illuminated barely by the dark fire. Walking into the center of the stones, she knelt on the uneven stone and her eyes met the other Lillian Guards that she faced. There was no leader for this reason.

"Valeria Sangral." One Lillian said. "You who have served us in the past, you who have been our sister, you who have struggled continually with the threats facing this order and the threats facing this country do you see these threats and transgressions which bring only death and chaos to this world?"

"I do."

"Sister Sangral, do you hear the cry that our Goddess makes day and night that this world goes without justice, goes without retribution. That criminals and devils are free to roam the streets of this world and that their actions go unpunished. Do you hear her cries?"

"I do."

"Sister Sangral, do you understand that you are the strength that this family looks up to for hope and guidance? Do you understand that the sisters have asked to be placed in your hands for caretaking? Do you understand that this country itself asks for your guidance? That our Potentate asks for your assistance?"

"I do."

"Sister Sangral, do you understand that this order has chosen you to become our leader, to become our commander? Do you understand that our Goddess has spoken through us and has shown the desire to see you elevated from your mundane state of mind so that perhaps with further enlightenment you too may see and understand what those who came before you understood?"

"I do."

"Sister Sangral, are you then ready to take up the responsibility, the oath, and the power that the Lillian Guard has protected since our formation and will continue to do so. Will you heed the call of our Goddess, will you strive with all your might to restore justice to this country and to this forsaken planet. Will you swear that as long you draw breath that the devils that inhabit this world will be crushed?"

"I am. I will. I swear." Valeria said with a twisted grin coming over her face.

"Then Nemesis has spoken." Said the Lillian as she rose her hands in the air. The other Guards bowed their heads and reached to their rope belts which each held a small knife and with their hands hovering above the water basins. With a quick slice, the knives cut against the skin as their blood fell into the basin, turning the water red. "Nemesis. We offer our sister to you, Valeria Sangral, may she honor you well and may retribution be swift." With the bloody water they walked into the altar as it fell from their hands, covering Valeria's body in a crimson sheen. Finally a white cloak of silk was draped over her body as she lifted her eyes up to the great statue of Nemesis in front of her. Her green eyes shimmering in the fire.

"May retribution be swift."

Shikkoku Construction Supplies Co., the leading capital investor in the SST in both foreign and domestic construction projects, for both military and civilian purposes, hereby offers a rather substantial investment to the Hanseatic Commonwealth to aid the people of the nation, and their leader, in the rebuilding efforts.

Excerpt from How to Succeed in the World, Tintagyl Theatre, Brisbane

(We join our hero, Bernard Laskey, a new world leader of a country somewhere in Southern Europe. Here the scene opens at the Eurasian Union Parliament as the Parliament is just being released from a meeting. He rising from his seat and walks towards the center isle to talk to some of the other leaders who are leaving. However they only pass him up, on their way to more important meetings, meeting beautiful girls outside of the doors. Finally after letting the crowd by, he comes across the Rheinmark's Reichsmarschall Hendrik Wareheim.)

Bernard: Herr Wareheim, I don't mean to bother you about this. But it feels like I'm not getting anywhere in the alliance. All the other leader seem to speak, they have such power, silver tongues and I have nothing. I can't help but notice that you're quiet yourself during the meetings and you've been here a long time haven't you?

Henrik: Well it all depends, I'm one of the oldest members. But that doesn't mean that I try to be loud about what goes on.

Bernard: You don't try to be loud?

Henrik: There's no real reason to be. The Rheinmark works perfectly with just going along this path.

Bernard: But then what is there?

(OOC: Song starts here)

Henrik: When I joined this alliance, we were a brash young country. Well, I said to myself, "Now, brash young country, Don't get any ideas." Well, I stuck to that, and I haven't had one in years.

Bernard: So you play it safe?

Henrik: I play it the Hegemony Way, wherever the Hegemony puts me, there I stay.

Bernard: But what is your point of view?

Henrik: I have no point of view.

Bernard: Suppose the Hegemony thinks...

Henrik: I think so too.

Bernard: Well what would you say?

Henrik: I wouldn't say...

Bernard: Your face is a Hegemony face.

Henrik: It smiles at world leaders, then goes back in place.

Bernard: The Hegemony ideology?

Henrik: Oh, it suits me fine.

Bernard: The Hegemony flag?

Henrik: A true godsend.

Bernard: Anything you're against?

Henrik: Instability.

Bernard: When they want brilliant thinking from hegemonic members

Henrik: That is no concern of mine.

Bernard: Suppose a great reformer makes suggestions.

Henrik: Watch that reformer get ousted with a gun.

Bernard: So you play it the Hegemony way?

Henrik: All Hegemony policy is by me OK.

Bernard: You'll never make something of yourself.

Henrik: But there's one thing clear: Whoever the Hegemony destroys, the Rheinmark will still be here.

Bernard: Oh, you certainly found a home!

Henrik: It's quite cozy.

Bernard: Your brain is a Hegemony brain.

Henrik: The Hegemony washed it, now I can't complain.

Bernard: The Hegemony literature!

Henrik: Oh, what style, what punch!

Bernard: The Hegemony aresenal!

Henrik: Ev'ry day same stuff: Their nuclear missile; it's delicious!

Bernard: I'll be sure not to get in the way.

Henrik: Its what Australia did.

Bernard: Do you ever help out?

Henrik: I do help out; I plot and plan with Herr Shalam.

Bernard: And what do you plot about?

Henrik: Oh its all in good cheer. Remember the blitzing in Austria and that!

Bernard: Ah.

Henrik: 'Cause I play it the Hegemony way. Executive policy is by me OK.

Bernard: Oh, how can you get anywhere?

Henrik: Bernard, have no fear; whoever the Hegemony destroys, the Rheinmark will still be here.

Bernard: You will still be here.

(Curtain)

OOC: Nothing but an angle and a bit of satire...of course if people get mad, I'm looking for my own. :P

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

• 4 weeks later...

Brisbane Harbor was buzzing with activity and that was putting it lightly. One of the great dreams of the Hanseatic Commonwealth and the vast overseas Empire that they had once controlled and dreamed to control once again was becoming more realistic with every passing day. In the past there had been one thing separating them from truly holding the empire without massive problems and without help from their allies and this was the existence of a Hanseatic navy. Under the Tintagyl Regime politicians had been against the construction of a true Hanseatic navy, opting to place more trust in the people around them to defend the territories that were controlled from Brisbane. It was Lady Tintagyl's eternal loyalty to and from the world that allowed this to work. However, Hannah knew all too well that the age of excuses and eternal was like a cloud floating gently behind her, they could not rely on their allies for help in control of the seas.

As such, it became necessary for the creation of a fleet of ships to adequately defend the Commonwealth's holdings in the Eastern Pacific, Micronesia, and the Australian Coast. Six ships were build during the time of the military reforms enacted by the Potentate, two battleships, two cruisers, and two destroyers. They would be evenly spread out across the Commonwealth for defense of the islands and the coast, being the Pacific Fleet and the Australian Fleet.

---

On board the HLS Sarah Tintagyl

Fleet Admiral Ernst Nyjord looked over Brisbane Harbor with a tear forming in his eye as the ships comprising the Pacific Fleet began to sail off in the horizon for their maiden voyage to Tahiti. This was what separated the boys from the men he thought, the girls from the women. Now, without a doubt, Hanseatic influence could once again cross the ocean as it so desired and he was at the center of it. Commander of both fleets, just as his father had been during the Great European War, admiral of the fated transport fleet that had sailed from Helsinki to Rostock for the great offensive against the German Empire.

"Its quite a sight isn't it admiral?" Ernst turned around in a shimmering white imperial uniform of the Commonwealth. His gold epaulets shining in the sun. Lady Hannah looked at him and smiled. "Finally something to compare ourselves to the world with."

"We're catching up Your Ladyship. Slowly but surely our ambitions will come to light."

"We belong on the seas admiral, its in our blood. Its always been in our blood and these ships will be the finest built for our Commonwealth. Especially this flagship." Hannah smiled. "You be sure not to let anything happen to her."

"I protected her on land. I will protect her on the sea Ladyship."

"Very good, very good." Hannah looked out into the sunlight. The water seemed to twinkle with golden stars floating up to the sky, there was something magical about the sea. It was where they finally belonged.

---

Australian Fleet

HLS Sarah Tintagyl - Battleship

HLS Valkyrie - Cruiser

HLS Helsinki - Destroyer

Pacific Fleet

HLS Hannah Asgeirsson - Battleship

HLS Nemesis - Cruiser

HLS Brisbane - Destroyer

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

OOC: Inspiration Fireflies

Author's Note: Got this idea in a dream, consider it NC if people have a problem with it.

The night air almost had a robotic tendency to it, the way the stars twinkle and the way the Earth turns. Hannah had been walking for what seemed to her was an eternity, but eternity wasn't that long was it? There were longer ways to measure time wasn't there? Time after all was a silly measurement of something that couldn't be measured. So personally, I think its much better to talk about time in hence a measurement that cannot be measured. Anyways, I was saying that Hannah was walking through green fields in Australia, but do green fields exist in Australia? Or is it all desert? Perhaps it is all green fields? Perhaps the vision of utopia I have in my head.

"But what of the utopia that we created together?" Said Sarah from the distance.

"But will that utopia mean anything out here?" I ask.

"I guess I never through of that."

So as I was saying, Sarah was walking through green fields in Australia towards the coast. Or was it Hannah? For less confusion, lets say they were both walking together. Sharing pleasantries on government and such. "I do hope you two don't mind that?"

"No we're fine." Said Hannah looking up at me.

They continued walking through the fields towards the coast and as they reached the place where Sarah once adopted Terra, her young daughter that she met from a near car-accident. Come to think about it, she could have died, either one of them. "My God! You would have killed me?!" She called up."

"No, I wouldn't dare kill such a powerful muse."

"A muse? I don't understand."

I chuckled. "Well of course, what did you think you were?"

Sarah paused and looked down at the ground and then at Hannah. "I thought we were leaders, figures of power on this planet?"

"Well you are. But you're so much more." Suddenly the sky lit up with the beauty of the Gods, whether you're a Christian, a Norse, a Hindu, whether you have the Angels, the Valkyries, or something in the middle the world opened up to those two and Sarah and Hannah continued walking through space, the worlds of Heaven, Nirvana, Valhalla, Paradise, Elysium opened up. "You see, we'll start with you Sarah, you're much more than Sarah Tintagyl."

"I am?"

"Of course you are, you're a great hero far beyond this Earth." The images of her various incarnations began to walk closer to where we stood, or where I observed them standing. There were various figures, one girl, blonde with a high ponytail, she had blue eyes, she was muscular, toned and had a face that could kill a man in a stare. Sarah had once had that stare and power in New Zealand to rescue Evan Hiley. "Sarah Tintagyl meet Samus Aran." The two girls didn't say anything, they were much too shy, but the meeting was what was important. Another figure walked up, she had long blonde hair that she let fall down past her shoulders, her face was not as stern, in fact it was as soft as a pillow. She wore a long dress and a smile across her face. "Sarah Tintagyl meet Teresa Wisemail."

"I don't understand. Aren't I Sarah Tintagyl."

"You are and that what makes this so incredible." I said. "Perhaps its a bad thing, but they say that every idea is wholely original and totally unoriginal. Where would you be without Samus, Teresa, Avril?"

"Avril?"

"We'll pass on her for now, I don't want to scare you."

"Okay."

"And of course there's more than that. You can be immortal, you can be weak, you can be grief stricken. And even sometimes you are out of my control." Suddenly, Sarah bent over in pain as a red dot formed on her neck and her eyes flashed red. "Remember Niflheim?"

"Yes, a vampire."

"I prefer Valkyrie, but even more people didn't like that term and that's my fault, but I'll always think of that as your best name. Heck who knows, maybe they included you up in the sky. Myths after all are nothing but stories themselves no one is saying that you can't."

"People? Stories?"

"Again I don't want to scare you."

"Hannah you too." The Potentate raised her head in curiosity as strange creatures with long pointed ears approached where Samus and Teresa stood. "Your new Hansa and your self, Sylvanas." I said as the dark figure approached. "This is what you were transformed into."

But again the stars began to shine brighter and brighter, as if the entire world were on fire in such a blinding light. Sarah and Hannah both looked at the Earth with fear, maybe that a nuke had gone off in Brisbane or Helsinki. But the others calmed them and there were others beyond them. In fact it was a great multitude of people expanding into infinity, characters, demons, heroines, villains, warriors, adventurers, Valkyries. It was beautiful and all it took was to open up the sky.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl