The Hanseatic Commonwealth

Sarah Tintagyl

OOC: td;lr...skip to the quoted material at the end. But in other words...I'm back home :)

Bilolea, The World Protectorate, Former Hanseatic Commonwealth

Bilolea, was a small town by all means, about one hundred miles or so north of Brisbane and for that the garrison of about fifteen thousand former Hanseatic soldiers were quite happy that they had picked this particular area to wait out the rest of their time as former soldiers of the Lady Protector before the rest of the Protectorate was claimed by another rising faction. But people tried not to think of things like that, they much rather think about the happier times, as when they were still reigned over by Her Ladyship, when they were still commanded by their great generals, Kolm, Asgeirsson, and so on. At a small pub in downtown Bilolea, this was the main conversation at least once a night. Every now and again, someone would bring in a few kids from the nearby school, kids from the marching band, particularly a drummer and a trumpeter, they'd play the national anthem and the pub would burst forth in song. The bartender would only laugh. "If the Lady Protector could hear you know, the anthem turned into a drinking song, my God."

This night was different, the abandoned streets were silent, the only music and conversation being heard from the pub as the black town car rolled silently down the street. Finally the car came to a stop near the pub, the driver grinning as she turned his large head around to face the dark figure in the back seat. "Yes, this is fine Loew. I'm sorry that I have to make you wait again, this will be much faster I promise." She said with a grin, before reaching over and stepping out of the car. Loew only continued to smile as the golem turned his head back to the windshield and stared eerily at the entrance of the bar. The cloaked figure, all in dark walked to the building and pulled open the door, a smile across her face and just as she thought, the entire bar went silent when she walked in. For one, she wasn't a regular, two she was dressed in all black, three her slender figure painted her as a woman. Occupants were silent as she walked across the floor and sat down on one of the bar stools, crossing her hands on the counter. The bartender walked over asking her for her order with a slight tone of suspicion. "Vodka." She said, a tone hiding her original voice. "Straight."

"Sure Miss. Be right there." He walked over to his bottles and poured her a shot of a poor class liquor before she looked up, the hood still covering her face.

"No, not that, the most expensive one you have, I want to enjoy it at least."

He turned a bit annoyed as he downed the first shot of liquor himself, before pouring the woman her own shot, the Andropov, the most expensive vodka he had. "This will cost you." He said putting the shot in front of her.

"This will cost you."

"Sure it will." She said smiling underneath her hood. "It'll be right up." The cloaked woman lifted up the glass and pounded back the shot before slamming the glass against the table and smiled. "!@#$."

"Hey!" She heard a voice from the end of the bar call down. "How about you start humoring us with your face and stop being so damn mysterious. We have enough nightmares in this town, we don't need more of them now."

"Nightmares?"

"Yes, nightmares, are you not a Hanseatic citizen? You must be a foreigner, we here live with nightmares everyday. Everyday the fear of a faction like Queensland appearing in our land. So unless you're a spy." The man said finally getting off the bar stool, and began walking over to her. The man was Major Wilhelm Kisko, he had served in Hanseatic Japan since the fall of the Neo-Japanese, portly, red-faced and with a drinking problem he was the de facto leader of Bilolea and this creep was not going to go rummaging though his town spreading lies. "You had better take off that damn hood so we can take a look at you." He reached her and with his right hand reached up to her hood to rip it from her head.

The figure suddenly too his hand and began crushing it with her grip, as she took it off her hood. She jumped off the bar stool and grabbed the man's uniform as she ran with him across the barroom and pinned him against the near wall. "You want a nightmare do you?" She asked, terror streaming from her voice in the best way possible. He looked down at her shadowed face in anxiety as the other soldiers in the bar took out their pistols and aimed it at her figure. Letting go of the major, he dropped to the floor, as she turned to face her soldiers. "You would all kill a commanding officer of the Hanseatic Military?" They looked in shock at her words before the woman finally put the hood down, Hannah Asgeirssons face staring back at them.

"My God. General Asgeirsson, Your...Your Ladyship." They said nearly in unison as guns dropped to the floor in utter shock. But she was changed, the once no-nonsense general who had commanded their military in two separate wars stared back at them with a sickening grin, scarier, was that they liked it. "What...what happened to you?" Asked Kisko as he got up from the floor. "What happened?"

"Hell Kisko." She snapped her head back. "I went to Hell and came back transformed, tempered in Hell's fires Loki himself gave me a new body, new strength, new wisdom, everything." She looked down at her hands, remembered the pain, the torture, her own screaming. "It was wonderful...and horrible. But I did not come back to tell you about my travels, I came to tell you about our travels."

"General?"

"We are done living in nightmares, a new nation will form in the protectorate, but it will be like the nation from before. Gentlemen, I come here to ask you to help me rebirth our country, rebirth the glory, the power, the prestige, and the influence of the Hanseatic Commonwealth! I am done living in nightmares of lesser men giving me laws. I will unite us and together we will become great again."

They stared up at her for a long time, when finally the younger soldiers got down on one knee with their heads bowed. "We support you, Lady Hannah, Knight of the Commonwealth." And this spread through the entire pub. Hannah smiled. This night, they would ride.

---

Apophis (Gladstone), The Hanseatic Commonwealth

The town square in the city of Gladstone, which Hannah now called Apophis for her own reasons was in the middle of celebration, here, men, women, and child came from across the World Protectorate after being rallied by the former Hanseatic Military. Soldiers, once again in dazzling white coats, some even former Lillian Guards paraded through the city with fife and drum corps trying to bring back the regalia of the Tintagylian Age that they long for so dearly. Hannah didn't like living in the past and these kinds of overly triumphant celebrations would have to end given the sheer amount of work that needed to be done inside the country, but that could come later. For now, it was time to celebrate, the return of the Hansa was upon them.

In the square, a podium had been erected along with a stage for the General's speech announcing the country's existence once again. Media crews were on all sides, their cameras in hand read to broadcast the announcement to the world. The world needed to know of this, it was almost imperative that they knew it and hopefully it would reach the eyes of the former Lady Protector as well.

A line of drummers, trumpeters, and other musicians finally rose their instruments and began playing the

as the crowd in hushed voices began to sing with the music. In the distance, a Hanseatic Flag finally began to rise to the top of a metal flag pole near the center stage. Tears began to form in the people's eyes, tears of joy as they tried to sing louder, louder, their voices breaking in the sheer patriotism that was enveloping as they waited for the General to arrive.

Hannah entered only minutes later, dressed in full military regalia of the Commander in Chief of all Hanseatic forces, a dazzling white frock coat with gold trim, khaki pants, and polished black boots. But the face she wore was cold, serious, unmoving, her green eyes faced forward as she rode her horse towards the stage and dismounted. Still wearing her black cloak, the hood down, she was an imposing figure and as the music began to die, the Knight could hear the hushed voices from the ground. "What happened to her?"

"She looks different?"

"I heard she was taken away and tortured by foreigners, by barbarians."

"I heard that the devil himself took her over and turned her into something inhuman."

The remarks made her smile as she reached the podium.

Brothers and sisters of the once great Hanseatic Commonwealth!

My name is General Hannah Asgeirsson and I am hear to tell you that our nightmare, the nightmare that has inflicted us for two years with pain and suffering is finally over. Since the day that Sarah Tintagyl left our side, we have been a people forsaken by the world, at the mercy of foreign and local leaders who see our land as nothing more than a playground as which to wage war and I am appalled by this, no amount of disrespect could ever have been given to a once great leader who only strove to make this land a land of peace and plenty. But ladies and gentlemen, that was no dream, that my friends was a nightmare.

I ran when the turmoil became too great, as many of you did, we fled Brisbane, we fled our homes and families in search of a better life. My own journey away from this country is one I will never forget, for it changed me forever, however I made a promise that when I would return, this nightmare, the nightmare of a forsaken people would end. Since my return, I have traveled from town to town in the World Protectorate gathering our once great army, our people, our followers, and making them hold the banner of our flag once again. It is time once against My People that the Hansa step into the light of the world and become great once again. Too long have we been subject to the destruction of factionizaton, of being leaderless, of having no future. But our future is too great, our destiny too great, and if we are a forsaken people, we will unite together forever to fend off the nightmares of the future.

As Potentate of this New Commonwealth, I pledge that I will never abandon you, never run from my responsibility as leader. You are my people and I will serve you well, as your eternal servant, for now and forever until the end of my days.

To the world I only have this to say! We have returned!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Imperial Union welcomes the Hanseatic Commonwealth back to the world.

**Private message to General Hannah Asgeirsson**

While I do not doubt your reputation grants you protection I'm willing to arrange a formal Protectorate arrangement where my forces will assist in your defence.

**Private message to General Hannah Asgeirsson**

While I do not doubt your reputation grants you protection I'm willing to arrange a formal Protectorate arrangement where my forces will assist in your defence.

Imperial Union High Command,

I thank you for your support and naturally I accept with open arms, there is a great deal of work ahead of us and support is always welcomed. If the Commonwealth falls under the attack of a rogue state and before I rip their leader apart with my bare hands, I look forward to seeing Hanseatic and Imperial Troops together as friends as we once were.

-General Hannah Asgeirsson

The King of Cochin read the news of the resurrection of the Hanseatic Commonwealth and gazed out at the expansive Himalayan mountains visible from his veranda. He took up an official letter pad and wrote,

King of Cochin.

To: General Hannah Asgeirsson,

Hanseatic Commonwealth

Greetings,

It is indeed very joyous the news of the resurrection of the Hanseatic Commonwealth. The Kingdom of Cochin welcomes you. During the premiership of the Lady Protector the Kingdom and the Commonwealth had been allies. We hope that under your stewardship that friendship may be restored and built upon?

Sd,

Rama Varma.

Valerie couldn't believe the news one of her aides had brought to her attention, the return of the Hanseatic Commonwealth. Could it be true, she couldn't leave this rumour to go unchecked and so she had it confirmed and now she had proof. The Hanseatic Commonwealth really had returned maybe not with Sarah at his head but it had been her dream and Valerie personally supported that dream. She took pen to paper and wrote out a letter to this Hannah Asgeirsson.

To: General Hannah Asgeirsson

My General Hannah Asgeirsson I hope this letter finds you in good health. My name is Sandra though most of the world would know me as Valerie, you may or may not know but I was a supporter of your predecessor Sarah Tintagyl. Sarah helped me and supported me many times including those when it seemed the world was against me and I never was able to return the favour. However, one thing I did do was to become friends and allies with the Hanseatic Commonwealth and now that it has been reborn again I wish to do the same. I look forward to your reply and to the chance of seeing you in person some time in the future.

Signed.

S.Klein.

Edited by King Kevz

When PM Catherine Zakhev heard of the return of the Hanseatic Commonweatlth, she was surprised. Simply enough, a former General would become the leader of the most famed nation on Earth.

Zakhev took a peace of parchment paper and started to write on it.

Dear General Asgeirsson,

I congratulate you for your recent success in restoring the Hanseatic Commonwealth. The Yuktobanian government has officially recognized the state as sovreign and I hope to work with you in the future.

Now I need to discuss about the current situation in Queensland. The reason I say so, if because Hansa isn't Hansa without the their traditional capital under your control. So far, New South Wales and Dranagg have already begun plans of invading the country. It is currently unknown what their intentions are, but I would be wary around them.

I'm ready to support you in case you ever need it.

I wish you the best wishes for your country.

Sincerely,

Catherine Reznov

Prime Minister of the Union of Yuktobanian Republics

A handwritten message would arrive, addressed to "General Asgeirsson, Brisbane" Amyante didn't know the precise address, but figured the Hanseatic people would likely know where it was supposed to go to anyway.

Dear General Asgeirsson,

Zargathia is relieved to hear of the return of the Hanseatic Commonwealth, and welcomes you into the world with the same warmth and friendship as you once welcomed us during the creation of our state.

Having said that, we wish to inquire if the old treaties that bound our nations together can be considered reactivated with the Commonwealth's resurrection. For this purpose, we would like to arrange a meeting between Queen Amyante and yourself at the first convenient opportunity to discuss these matters.

We shall be looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

(scribble)

Queen Amyante Tojimaru

Zargathia

P.S.

Would the Lady Protector be with you, by any chance? It's been a while since we've heard of her...

"Promised Land is overjoyed that one of our oldest and dearest friends has returned in the Hanseatic Commonwealth. Like we did before, we will ensure they remain a sovereign state, free from influences they do not desire, free from the oppression of many outside, and inside, our continent."

Private

"Well, the old 'Can do not wrong' is back. Let's see if the world blindly loves them without their precious Tintagyl back. Maybe they won't just love them for the sake of loving them and banwagoning."

-Reichsmarschall Wareheim

OOC: Just playing an angle.

King of Cochin.

To: General Hannah Asgeirsson,

Hanseatic Commonwealth

Greetings,

It is indeed very joyous the news of the resurrection of the Hanseatic Commonwealth. The Kingdom of Cochin welcomes you. During the premiership of the Lady Protector the Kingdom and the Commonwealth had been allies. We hope that under your stewardship that friendship may be restored and built upon?

Sd,

Rama Varma.

**Response**

Excellency,

I thank you for your kind words at the restoration of my people. You are correct, we were allies, it was with the Kingdom of Cochin that we so graciously shared the city of Vladivostok with so I do hope that we can begin our friendship again. In the future, once the Commonwealth is well established, I would look forward to meeting with you to discuss possible diplomatic options for both our peoples. I am sure and the Hansa and your Kingdom can remain strong allies in this world that continues to grow increasingly dark.

Sincerely,

Hannah Asgeirsson,

Potentate of the Commonwealth

-----------

To: General Hannah Asgeirsson

My General Hannah Asgeirsson I hope this letter finds you in good health. My name is Sandra though most of the world would know me as Valerie, you may or may not know but I was a supporter of your predecessor Sarah Tintagyl. Sarah helped me and supported me many times including those when it seemed the world was against me and I never was able to return the favour. However, one thing I did do was to become friends and allies with the Hanseatic Commonwealth and now that it has been reborn again I wish to do the same. I look forward to your reply and to the chance of seeing you in person some time in the future.

Signed.

S.Klein.

**Response**

Excellency,

I appreciate your well wishes and no, I was not able to meet you though I have heard of your excursions during the Helzan period in Antarctica. To be honest, I had geared up for you and I to be enemies if the Hansa had to get involved. However, it pleases me that war did not occur and more importantly that you are in such good spirits about the rise of our state. I am honored of your alliance with many other leaders who have already spoken of diplomatic meetings, I can assure you that once the Hansa is fully established, I will open our doors to diplomatic meetings with the world once again.

Sincerely,

Hannah Asgeirsson,

----

Dear General Asgeirsson,

I congratulate you for your recent success in restoring the Hanseatic Commonwealth. The Yuktobanian government has officially recognized the state as sovreign and I hope to work with you in the future.

Now I need to discuss about the current situation in Queensland. The reason I say so, if because Hansa isn't Hansa without the their traditional capital under your control. So far, New South Wales and Dranagg have already begun plans of invading the country. It is currently unknown what their intentions are, but I would be wary around them.

I'm ready to support you in case you ever need it.

I wish you the best wishes for your country.

Sincerely,

Catherine Reznov

Prime Minister of the Union of Yuktobanian Republics

**Response**

Excellency,

Yuktobania has always been one of our staunchest supporters and it brings a smile to my face to know that you continue to do so. I agree with you, Brisbane will either burn to the ground or be restored to its former glory, I have no doubts about that. If it cannot be a Hanseatic city then it will not exist as a city at all. I thank you for your concern of New South Wales and Dranagg and my military is already gearing up to handle the Queenslander threat and perchance that our 'allies' are not as friendly as we would have thought, deal with them as well. If the situation becomes worse and I find our brave troops cannot handle it by themselves, I will of course ask for your help. But at the moment we shall hope for the best.

In the future, the Economic Union that Lady Tintagyl so proudly crafted will return and I look forward to meeting with you to discuss the full effects of bringing the Mark back to the world.

Sincerely,

Hannah Asgeirsson,

OOC: that's all I can do for now...going away for the weekend...

Tom Dobbs look at the television screen and shook his head sadly. This would not be Hanseatic Commonwealth of old. Sarah had changed. This... girl seemed very much like her, the look in her eye, the twitch in her smile. Dobbs had a unsettling feeling that this was going to go very, very wrong.

"Will we be sending out a message, sir?"

"No, Felix, we will not. The Federation remains silent on this matter. No "no comment" statement... we just stay silent." His eyes turned back to the television screen, to the joy and thundering applause, and he only felt emptiness and despair.

A note was written by President DeSchaine and sent out by courier to Asgeirsson in the Commonwealth.

General,

It is with great joy that Taeunas as a whole, and myself personally, welcomes back the legacy of Lady Tintagyl. The world has gone far too long without it's most beloved of nations.

We know you are well aware of the recent events in Brisbane, and hopefully you will be able to pacify the region. Toward that end, Taeunas forces stand ready to help you now, as we once did in Helsinki.

Regards and well wishes,

Christos DeSchaine

***Classified***

TO: General Hannah Asgeirsson

I am sorry I was unable to meet you in person when you arrived in my nation. I hope to see you very soon. In the meantime, if you need help with deeling with the Dranaggians, the men and women of my armed forces are yours.

~Subtleknifewielder

P.S. Oh, and Anderson says to tell you to please not frighten his secretary again. He'd rather not have to break in a new one so soon after training this one.

In a dream it came to Sarah, the Imperial Five Toed dragon.. though much smaller spoke with a voice that almost humorously squeaked but sounded vaguely of an old emperor, "Another leads your people.. it is time. If you shall not lead, then the pendant needs to be given to those with whom guidance should be granted. I wish you the best of rest. This is my final good bye to you Sarah in this world. I hope to see you in due time." The dragon then faded away slowly into the fog of her dreams.