High Level Bloc Statistics

Essenia

Because once a month isn't that often I figured I'd make this a new thread. Last months numbers are in () and this months are in bold. The green bloc(s) in each group is/are the one(s) with the biggest percentage increase in members who fall under the listed category, red has the smallest increase/biggest decrease.

Nations over 100k NS

Citadel: (57) 65

SF: (7) 11

Poseidon: (8) 9

FB: (8) 9

CnG: (6) 9

Nations over 80k NS

Citadel: (126) 138

SF: (36) 42

CnG: (29) 35

FB: (24) 33

Poseidon: (20) 21

Nations over 60k NS

Citadel: (273) 300

SF: (116) 141

CnG: (90) 102

FB: (88) 101

Poseidon: (62) 82

Nations over 7k tech

Citadel: (84) 92

CnG: (13) 17

SF: (8) 12

FB: (9) 11

Poseidon: (8) 10

Nations over 5k tech

Citadel: (163) 177

CnG: (43) 55

SF: (49) 54

Poseidon: (38) 43

FB: (25) 36

Nations over 3k tech

Citadel: (273) 293

SF: (198) 205

FB: (110) 122

Poseidon: (94) 116

CnG:(122) 115

Edited by Essenia

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Citadel isn't growing as fast as everyone else... Not really surprising though. Let's see if people's war-boners can outlast their impatience.

To be fair, you guys are so ridiculously far ahead in this department that it's going to take the rest of us to the tune of sixteen forevers just to catch up, let alone pass y'all.

Because once a month isn't that often I figured I'd make this a new thread. Last months numbers are in () and this months are in bold. The green bloc(s) in each group is/are the one(s) with the biggest percentage increase in members who fall under the listed category, red has the smallest increase/biggest decrease.

Nations over 100k NS

Citadel: (57) 65

SF: (7) 11

Poseidon: (8) 9

FB: (8) 9

CnG: (6) 9

Nations over 80k NS

Citadel: (126) 138

SF: (36) 42

CnG: (29) 35

FB: (24) 33

Poseidon: (20) 21

Nations over 60k NS

Citadel: (273) 300

SF: (116) 141

CnG: (90) 102

FB: (88) 101

Poseidon: (62) 82

Nations over 7k tech

Citadel: (84) 92

CnG: (13) 17

SF: (8) 12

FB: (9) 11

Poseidon: (8) 10

Nations over 5k tech

Citadel: (163) 177

CnG: (43) 55

SF: (49) 54

Poseidon: (38) 43

FB: (25) 36

Nations over 3k tech

Citadel: (273) 293

SF: (198) 205

FB: (110) 122

Poseidon: (94) 116

CnG:(122) 115

Ok, time to bring a little levity to your attempt to show how other blocs are growing faster then Citadel in some of these categories.

In "Nations over 100k NS" You have Citadel gaining 8 nations and SF gaining 4 nations yet the way you portray it you are attempting to say that SF is growing faster in this regard when really Citadel grew twice as much in this category.

In "Nations over 80K NS" we have a similiar scenario yet not quite as drastic. You have FB as the biggest percentage increase due to gaining 9 members yet once again Citadel beats that by gaining 12 members.

In "Nations over 60K NS" we have yet another similiar scenario. You have it appearing that Poseidon is the big gainer with their +20 nation gain due to the percentage gain of that but Citadel is yet again the big gainer in reality with their 27 nation gain.

In "Nations over 7k tech" we see the same scenario but in even great effect. Lets see...you have SF as the big percentage gainer with their 4 nation growth while Citadel is listed in the Red as the smallest percentage gain with their 8 nation gain. That gain is twice as large as any other nation gain for that category for all other listed Blocs.

In "Nations over 5k tech" we see this played out Yet Again. We have FB with a healthy 11 nation gain listed as the biggest percentage gainers. Oh but wait, Citadel wins again in realty with their 14 nation gain. Makes that red coloring for the word Citadel seem kind of out of place doesn't it?

Finally in "Nations over 3k tech" we see your method actually has merit. We have Poseidon in the green with their 22 nation gain. Very respectable for this category that seems pretty dwarfed by the other categories. We see CnG in the red due to their nation loss so that too seems reasonable. I guess that means other blocs are indeed gaining on Citadel in this very important category. Citadel's 20 nation Gain in this department was indeed dwarfed. Congrats Poseidon you are catching Citadel!

Citadel isn't growing as fast as everyone else... Not really surprising though. Let's see if people's war-boners can outlast their impatience.

Seriously guys, what the hell? Is this an attempt at damage control?

I actually just took it as what it was: indication of the percentage growth that the colorization was in fact attempting to and succeeding to indicate. Thanks for the explanation on what he was doing, though.

What is the point of showing that? I mean honestly? Does it matter if your percentage gain is higher when your actual gain is twice as small? I realize Essenia did not say anything of the sort that Wildthing stated but if someone was to read WildThings statement and attribute it to what Essenia was showing without taking a closer look at the numbers then someone might get the wrong impression entirely.

So mind answering that question too?

Ok, time to bring a little levity to your attempt to show how other blocs are growing faster then Citadel in some of these categories.

Seriously guys, what the hell? Is this an attempt at damage control?

You're joking, right? Your use of 'levity' was very odd, too.

Edit: wow, apparently not.

Edited by Epik High

What is the point of showing that? I mean honestly? Does it matter if your percentage gain is higher when your actual gain is twice as small? I realize Essenia did not say anything of the sort that Wildthing stated but if someone was to read WildThings statement and attribute it to what Essenia was showing without taking a closer look at the numbers then someone might get the wrong impression entirely.

First, if no one bothers looking at the numbers and doing the rather simple math then I really think they deserve to 'get the wrong impression entirely'.

Second, since there have been two other threads I believe on this same series of stats and those haven't really went well if I remember right, I really don't see how the intent of this could have been anything remotely related to damage control. Really the only way to do that would be to sell infra to make the numbers fit what everyone else would be happy with.

edit: I really can type English good.

Edited by Eden Taylor

You're joking, right? Your use of 'levity' was very odd, too.

Yes, because a higher percentage of gain in a stat stands up to the reality of not even gaining half as many nations in a category that the bloc listed in red actually gained right?

Seriously? I am the one joking here? Why don't you tell me why my word levity was so out of place ok? Especially considering the second quote I made from a member of Citadel.

Please...instead of your one liner attack why don't YOU bring some levity to the situation.

First, if no one bothers looking at the numbers and doing the rather simple math then I really think they deserve to be 'get the wrong impression entirely'.

Second, since there have been two other threads I believe on this same series of stats and those haven't really went well if I remember right, I really don't see how the intent of this could have been anything remotely related to damage control. Really the only way to do that would be to sell infra to make the numbers fit what everyone else would be happy with.

Ok so you have some threads that have not gone well at all yet he feels the need to do yet another in the same month. His way of doing it is to show that percentage wise Citadel is not growing as fast as other blocs right? That should make this one go better then those in the past?

Ok so you have some threads that have not gone well at all yet he feels the need to do yet another in the same month. His way of doing it is to show that percentage wise Citadel is not growing as fast as other blocs right? That should make this one go better then those in the past?

I don't even know how you could get that conclusion from what I said. Have fun playing with the rest of the people who stumble in here, though.

Yes, because a higher percentage of gain in a stat stands up to the reality of not even gaining half as many nations in a category that the bloc listed in red actually gained right?

Seriously? I am the one joking here? Why don't you tell me why my word levity was so out of place ok? Especially considering the second quote I made from a member of Citadel.

Please...instead of your one liner attack why don't YOU bring some levity to the situation.

Err... levity? Lightheartedness? You're saying that you're exposing some sort of alternative motive by analyzing the numbers... I don't see how that is adding "lightheartedness" to the situation?

If Citadel wanted to fudge the numbers to make it look like we didn't have strong upper ranks... "we" probably wouldn't have posted the stats thread in the first place, drawing attention to the facts. Just sounds like really stretching an innocuous measure of growth. I mean, really, you can't say measuring growth by percentage change is uncommon--and it's not like growth in absolute numbers isn't right there for everyone to see. Oh my god, color-coding propoganda! Please.

Drat. You caught us.

Sorry. We really are better than you.