Decrease taxes?

Emperor Stranger

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=338240

I currently have five stadiums that I can sell since I am only paying bills for the next few weeks. What five other improvements should I have to decrease taxes? (I have five labor camps already.)

Your terminology is incorrect. As the nation leader you are trying to decrease bills and increase taxes, not the other way round.

As for improvements, I think it might be worthwhile to ditch the labour camps and invest in some banks instead. At your infra level bills aren't exactly huge and you might find that you earn more by focusing on increasing income for a little while.

How much are your infra bills per day? Your level is quite early to start improvement swapping, but if you're doing back collects of close to 20 days you'll still see a profit from it I expect, even if it's small. I don't recommend dropping any other improvements though, just keep the labour camps and pay bills, then swap them for 5 banks when it comes to the day you collect.

Also the first poster is correct with cruise missiles. They serve no defensive purpose at all so get rid of them, and only buy them just before you're going ot fire them. Aircraft are pretty useful defensively to have on hand so you should keep those really.

How much are your infra bills per day? Your level is quite early to start improvement swapping, but if you're doing back collects of close to 20 days you'll still see a profit from it I expect, even if it's small. I don't recommend dropping any other improvements though, just keep the labour camps and pay bills, then swap them for 5 banks when it comes to the day you collect.

Also the first poster is correct with cruise missiles. They serve no defensive purpose at all so get rid of them, and only buy them just before you're going ot fire them. Aircraft are pretty useful defensively to have on hand so you should keep those really.

im sure nations at 5,000NS wont have 50 planes attacking....

I would suggest you DECOM the 50 aircraft and 50 cruise missiles, they increase your bill dramatically.

Won't be happening. It's only an extra $20k for both of those, I believe.

I would also ditch the labor camps, but I am trying to decrease what I pay in bills until I collect taxes in ~2 weeks. So the banks will have to wait until then.

Nice catch, Decomposition, I have duplicate rubber. I guess I should keep the silver over the wine, but what should I replace the extra rubber and wine with?

Edit: I remembered that I had an 8 BR trade set, but I lost a gold/coal trade and can't find another. I can get coal easily, but what other than gold should I get since gold and coal together is near impossible to get?

Edited by Emperor Stranger

You are way too small and have too few economy boosting improvements to be improvement swapping or to be paying for aircraft and cruise. Why anyone would even want to put dozens of cruise on the bills at all is baffling in itself. In a war you can only fire off two a day at an oppenent and you will lose the bulk of them in bombing raids. Even large nations don't sit on dozens of cruise because it's totally pointless.

If you carry on like this you will be standing still and may even operate at a loss in which case you wont even be standing still, you will be going backwards. I'm not sure you even quite understand improvement swapping. If you don't have enough money at the end of a back collect to switch out the labor camps and replace them with the 5 best economy boosters available to you and still be in profit then improvement swapping isn't for you.

Edited by TigerBaby

You are way too small and have too few economy boosting improvements to be improvement swapping...

He may not save that much, but improvement swapping is already profitable at his level.

I'm at 1400 infra, and improvement swapping is paying up.

You are way too small and have too few economy boosting improvements to be improvement swapping or to be paying for aircraft and cruise. Why anyone would even want to put dozens of cruise on the bills at all is baffling in itself. In a war you can only fire off two a day at an oppenent and you will lose the bulk of them in bombing raids. Even large nations don't sit on dozens of cruise because it's totally pointless.

If you carry on like this you will be standing still and may even operate at a loss in which case you wont even be standing still, you will be going backwards. I'm not sure you even quite understand improvement swapping. If you don't have enough money at the end of a back collect to switch out the labor camps and replace them with the 5 best economy boosters available to you and still be in profit then improvement swapping isn't for you.

A: Cruise missiles are only $6k/day in bills. They hardly affect my bills at all.

B: I am making over twice what I pay in bills. So your prediction is very far off.

C: Improvement swapping has already proven to make me $1m more, even after not doing it properly.

And I do have plenty of cash, it's called a warchest. I have $6.1m after blowing $5m on military (maximum cruise missiles and maximum spies, plus maximum aircraft) and after spending another $1.6m on tech deals. I know how to run my nation, but I am new to improvement swapping.

He may not save that much, but improvement swapping is already profitable at his level.

I'm at 1400 infra, and improvement swapping is paying up.

And you are 300 infra lower than me to boot. :P

There is something much more important than optimizing your improvement swapping or getting rid of your CMs (which you should by the way...it's only $6k, but there is ZERO value to holding them).

That something is a harbor. Why on earth have you not gotten a harbor and 5 good trades yet? That is absolutely the 1st improvement that everyone should buy.

And I do have plenty of cash, it's called a warchest. I have $6.1m after blowing $5m on military (maximum cruise missiles and maximum spies, plus maximum aircraft) and after spending another $1.6m on tech deals. I know how to run my nation, but I am new to improvement swapping.

NO, you don't know how to run your nation. Don't take offense, but simply put, you don't know what you are doing. Your nation is 120 days old and only at 6K NS. That is terrible. You are being given excellent advice and are ignoring much of it. Leave your ego at the door and learn something from nations who've been there and actually know how to build a small nation.

You don't have a harbor, yet you have an intel agency. Intel Agencies are one of the LAST improvements to buy, a Harbor is pretty much always the first. A Harbor gives you an extra trade slot, so you can get access to two additional resources. Delete your intel agency, buy a Harbor and fix your trade set. Ideally, you'll need a trade set that includes "Construction" as a bonus resource to help your nation buy infra. And, I assume you are NOT doing this - you need to have 5 Factories when buying infra and a solid trade set with infra-reducing resources. You have many of them now, but you are missing one that will give you the Construction bonus.

Labor camp swapping at your size is probably not worth it. 750K for the cost of the Labor camps, plus the cost of 5 income improvements - you're at 1.3M loss just to start. If your infra upkeep is 200K a day, then you are only saving 100K a day if you swap correctly, and it will take you far too long to make it worthwhile to swap. Worry about more important things first - like your trade set, your improvements, and purchasing infra rather than cruise missiles.

Edit: oh, and you have 5 aid slots - put them to good use and sell more tech. Keep them busy.

Edited by phillip110

There is something much more important than optimizing your improvement swapping or getting rid of your CMs (which you should by the way...it's only $6k, but there is ZERO value to holding them).

That something is a harbor. Why on earth have you not gotten a harbor and 5 good trades yet? That is absolutely the 1st improvement that everyone should buy.

I had one, but do you know how hard coal and gold is to find? I need those two resources in a single trade in order to complete my seven BR. I figured that I could replace it with something more worth value.

NO, you don't know how to run your nation. Don't take offense, but simply put, you don't know what you are doing. Your nation is 120 days old and only at 6K NS. That is terrible. You are being given excellent advice and are ignoring much of it. Leave your ego at the door and learn something from nations who've been there and actually know how to build a small nation.

No offense, but you are wrong. This is my third nation. I rerolled just 120 days ago at the same NS. (Note: I never said that I build my nation or had any plans to be higher than 6k NS.)

You don't have a harbor, yet you have an intel agency. Intel Agencies are one of the LAST improvements to buy, a Harbor is pretty much always the first. A Harbor gives you an extra trade slot, so you can get access to two additional resources. Delete your intel agency, buy a Harbor and fix your trade set. Ideally, you'll need a trade set that includes "Construction" as a bonus resource to help your nation buy infra. And, I assume you are NOT doing this - you need to have 5 Factories when buying infra and a solid trade set with infra-reducing resources. You have many of them now, but you are missing one that will give you the Construction bonus.

I had a harbor, but as I just said coal and gold together is near impossible to find, thus a harbor is pretty worthless.

Labor camp swapping at your size is probably not worth it. 750K for the cost of the Labor camps, plus the cost of 5 income improvements - you're at 1.3M loss just to start. If your infra upkeep is 200K a day, then you are only saving 100K a day if you swap correctly, and it will take you far too long to make it worthwhile to swap. Worry about more important things first - like your trade set, your improvements, and purchasing infra rather than cruise missiles.

My total bills are $168k, 140k going towards infrastructure.

Edit: oh, and you have 5 aid slots - put them to good use and sell more tech. Keep them busy.

That I have been doing. ;)

Oh, and I guess I will explain something: I rarely ever get above 6k NS in CyberNations. Why? What's the point of building up to 100k NS just to lose it all in one devastating war? I saw what happened to moo-cows, he went from around 100k NS to 16k NS during the Karma war. Building up his nation was pointless. At least 6k NS only takes half a month maximum to build up.

I guess I will start building again once I get my $100m warchest. My viceroy said not to worry about buying a nuke and just buy cruise missiles instead - which I did. The 6k/day is just a fraction of my bills.

Anyways, I think I am fine as of now. Thanks for the help everyone.

I had one, but do you know how hard coal and gold is to find? I need those two resources in a single trade in order to complete my seven BR. I figured that I could replace it with something more worth value.

No offense, but you are wrong. This is my third nation. I rerolled just 120 days ago at the same NS. (Note: I never said that I build my nation or had any plans to be higher than 6k NS.)

I had a harbor, but as I just said coal and gold together is near impossible to find, thus a harbor is pretty worthless.

My total bills are $168k, 140k going towards infrastructure.

That I have been doing. ;)

Oh, and I guess I will explain something: I rarely ever get above 6k NS in CyberNations. Why? What's the point of building up to 100k NS just to lose it all in one devastating war? I saw what happened to moo-cows, he went from around 100k NS to 16k NS during the Karma war. Building up his nation was pointless. At least 6k NS only takes half a month maximum to build up.

I guess I will start building again once I get my $100m warchest. My viceroy said not to worry about buying a nuke and just buy cruise missiles instead - which I did. The 6k/day is just a fraction of my bills.

Anyways, I think I am fine as of now. Thanks for the help everyone.

There is so much wrong with this post... I'm... I'm speechless. You are beyond help, so I will just stop there.

If this is not a joke:

Then it's sad.

Emperor Stranger, even if you cannot get exactly the trade set you want, which I find hard to believe if you are doing what is necessary to get it, there are many pairs of resources which are better than most improvements.

If this is not a joke:

Then it's sad.

Emperor Stranger, even if you cannot get exactly the trade set you want, which I find hard to believe if you are doing what is necessary to get it, there are many pairs of resources which are better than most improvements.

I know how to find trade sets. I am the one who masterminded mine, after all. But what do you think I should be doing, paying for coal and gold? Honestly, it's the only way I think possible of getting the two together. There's about twelve nations with those two resources in Black. Yes, it's a rare combination and I doubt I could afford to get the two together. As for finding another two trades: maybe I will.

As I said before, this thread is done. Don't know why people keep posting in it..