The Republic of Viet Nam

KingChris

vietnam-49452.jpg

The Flag of The Republic of Viet Nam

545px-CoA_of_South_Vietnam_svg.jpg

The Seal of The Republic of Viet Nam

April 30th, 2010

ARVN Veterans begin to protest the Fall of Saigon in Ho Chi Minh City. Viet Cong forces massacre the protesters, triggering opposition from Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore, while gaining approval from Cambodia and Laos.

May 19th, 2010

The Masoleum of Ho Chi Minh vandalized, Communist government executes the perpetrators without trial

September 2nd, 2010

All over Viet Nam, busts of Ho Chi Minh are destroyed by rebels, government responds by separating families and putting suspected anti-Communists in re-education camps for undefined periods of time.

January 27, 2011

Thailand and Malaysia begin to accept refugees from Viet Nam; in response, Viet Nam declares war on both countries. Five days later, Laos and Cambodia follow.

June 14th, 2011

Vietnamese rebels attack Communists in Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Da Nang, Da Lat, and Nam Phuong.

September 22, 2011

Ha Noi falls to Rebels and Thai forces, new government set up with Nguyen Ngoc Hai as President.

October 14, 2011

Viet Nam, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore unite to form the Republic of Viet Nam.

December 29, 2011

Laos falls to the Republic of Viet Nam.

August 1st, 2012

The People's Republic of China invade Viet Nam after Vietnamese terrorists stir trouble.

August 14th, 2012

Chinese forces withdraw from Viet Nam, leaving mass destruction.

OOC: Just so you know... Malaysia no longer has any Island holdings.

They have only the mainland possessions, as per September-December 2010. No holdings on the island of Borneo. They may be a bit sore...I dunno.

IC: ***Classified***

I would like to issue an apology to the Malaysian population of this new government, for the any unnecessary deaths that resulted from our conflict, despite the fact that we view Malaysia as the aggressor. However, no portion of Kalimantan (OOC: Indonesian name for Borneo/OOC) will be returned.

OOC: Whoops, didn't see it. My bad.

IC: Classified:

We're the aggressors? You're the one who took up Papua New Guinea!

IC: ***Classified***

They had fallen into anarchy, and requested help. Britain and all surrounding nations excepting ourselves were ignoring them, and so we took action.

Classified: Well the Straits of Malacca were supposed to be ours anyway! But stupid Indonesia had to be a @#$%&*@ @#$%@ and try to get half of it! And also, Papua New Guinea is still ours! We were sending troops over there to restore order.

And while we're on the subject of The Strats of Malacca, it belongs to us. We don't care if we have to give you money or fight a war for it, but it's ours. We own the major port on it anyway.

***Classified***

"We don't want full control of the strait, but we do want recognition that we have a right to use it. Also, where do you get the impression that any part of new Guinea was ever yours?"

OOC: I couldn't find evidence of that, only the Borneo holdings.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: :facepalm: My bad.

IC:Classified:

Ok, just forget about New Guinea. As for the Strait, you can use it, we don't care. We just want to own it!

***Classified***

Tell you what. We'll give you full control of the Strait, with the provision that we have freedom of access at all times. We'll even put it into a treaty document, if you wish. Just come to Bali so we can work out any other details.

OOC: No problem. And that invitation corresponds to the other thread. I can't believe I forgot to specify that options for replying were provided. They were...I just forgot to say they were.