The Scorpions Turn One

Shurukian

30627770.png

scorpioncakeeeww.jpg

Awww, TSI is one, how cute.

Man, has it been a long year. Let me tell you. There are a few people that stuck by us from the beginning. To them, I owe everything. There's also some other people that left a couple times, but always come back with more to offer. Even though it sounds odd, I also owe them a lot too. I think this whole announcement is just going to be me rambling, so it should be quite fun.

I really don't know what I'd do without some of these people. They're really awesome, and we have so much fun together.

I've gotten so many questions over the past year as to what Sasori means, where we got it from, if we're all Naruto fans or something crazy, or if I was just drunk one night and threw letters together. Well, since it's apparently such a secret, the alliance is based off of the Zodiac, the Scorpio. The Japanese just came in because it was something that no one was really doing at the time, and we had quite a few fans of the Japanese history periods. (I'm an Edo period fan myself.) But yeah, no Naruto, no animal obsession, just the fact that a lot of the founding group were Scorpios, and we liked the qualities of the Scorpio.

Sorry if that ruins the mystique, but I would cry myself to sleep if people thought it was a Naruto alliance. :P

I have to give a special shoutout in this to Vlad Dracula, because if he didn't kick me out of TGE, TSI never would have founded, I never would have met some of my best friends, Lord Cyvole, Dethodav, CoheedCambria, Tokugawa, Kaiser Stefan (we miss you!), and a bunch of others never would have helped me come up with the idea, and I never would have been able to make TSI. He also helped me meet one of the most awesome people in the world after I was kicked(but that's a secret!), and one of the most awesome before I was. And even though I was all upset then, I now know that getting kicked out was prolly one of the best thing that could have happened to me, and the fellow founders of TSI. So here's lookin' at you Vladdypoo.

vladdypoo.jpg

There's so many other people that I could give shoutouts to that helped us out, but I think they know who they are. If for some reason, you absolutely have to know if I consider you one, you can just query me, and I will tell you just how lovely you are and all that jazz. If I had to name alliances, then I'd also spend way too long, but I will say that TPF is awesome, and our BFF's, and we couldn't do it without them.

I also have to give another special shoutout to Slayer, who did enough snooping at first to find my myspace, which apparently was the thing that sold the deal for the protectorate (I was only informed a few weeks ago). I must say that I find that particularly hilarious, and applaud him on his super sleuth skillz of googling my name. I know the rest of TPF loved us all for our budding potential, (I'm serious) and they've been awesome ever since. Slayer was always quite the awesome person. No, this is not sarcasm. Love you forever Slayer. <3

Edit: Oh lord, I'm stupid, and forgot. We have two new forum skins! I worked oh so hard to find them, and I have to thank BacTalan from Gremlins from the bottom of my heart for helping me install them, and James Maximus for making the banners. I love you guys. So check them out, and tell me which one you like better. It would make me happy.

Sooooo, I guess to finish up, we're one year old, and we'll cry if we want to, and we'll be around to bother you for another year if we all feel like it. It's either that or a trip to Aruba, we'll see. So yeah, that's all I got! Party in #tsi, yadda yadda, come give us a drink or you'll hurt my feelings. I feel we should end this in classic song.

As we go on

We remember

All the times we

Had toge-

Nevermind, screw you Vitamin C.

- signature.png

Oh, and I love the way Bama puts his name, so STFU, take a pill, and chillax.

Edited by Shurukian

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy birthday, TSI!

I'm loving the shoutout to you-know-who, glad to see someone who avoids the limelight finally getting the recognition he so richly deserves.

But seriously, you guys are amazing! May you continue to go from strength to strength!

Edited by Valdemar

Love me some Scorpions. :awesome:

The people of Uralica wish you Happy Birthday, Hyvää Syntymäpäivää, and S Dnjom Roždenija (they all mean the same thing ;))

Epic signature is epic btw. And I'd eat that cake if it had chocolate in it. :P Also obligatory LOLDrac.