TOP/OBR Announcement

topflagnt2.png

[

OBR_Flag-1.jpg]

Gentle Persons of Digiterra

It gives me great pleaseure to announce the following treaty between two honourable Alliances.

I stopped reading here... I can't think of a less appropriate treaty. In my long dealings with the OBR, I always found their FA department to make rational carefully measured decisions. Not sure what happened there.

Edited by RandomInterrupt

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped reading here... I can't think of a less appropriate treaty. In my long dealings with the OBR, I always found their FA department to make rational carefully measured decisions. Not sure what happened there.

I am sorry that you think this, but I can personally attest to the amount of rational thought that went into this. We didn't do this on a whim. Much thought went into who out of all our friends we should get closer to. TOP is certainly a honorable alliance and I am happy to have befriended them.

On that note..

This just may be the most comprehensible treaty the OBR has ever signed :D

Simple and great words. I have enjoyed befriending TOP and am especially pleased to see this.

"Have no friends not equal to yourself."

- Confucious

TOP has some of the greatest rulers in Digiterra and I am proud to officially recognize our friendship with them.

When you're dealing with OBR, an ODP is probably worth more than an MDP with a lot of other alliances. ^_^

To make a statement like that you'd have to see at least a handful of occasions when the OBR has actually had an opportunity to honour a defense pact. Maybe my memory is failing me but I can only think of one time the OBR has ever honoured an MDP, and another time when they bailed on an ally on the eve of war. Hardly worthy of the drones of praise they receive whenever they break wind.

Edited by Sal Paradise

TWO GREAT ALLIANCES YOU CAN ALWAYS BE ABSOLUTELY SURE WILL COME TO THE DEFENSE OF THEIR ALLIES IN TIME OF NEED.

I know, I was excited too. But I think if we can all calm down we can get back to our "inside voice"

I stopped reading here

I know those flags do look magnificent together it's hard to take my eyes off of them

Much love to Baron and KGB for this. Love you guys in OBR

Edited by Believland

To make a statement like that you'd have to see at least a handful of occasions when the OBR has actually had an opportunity to honour a defense pact. Maybe my memory is failing me but I can only think of one time the OBR has ever honoured an MDP, and another time when they bailed on an ally on the eve of war. Hardly worthy of the drones of cut and paste praise they receive.

The Order has never bailed on an ally. The timing of the announcement was touchy, but it was agreed upon far before the war. If we are to be discredited for anything it is the speed in which such matters were handled. We're not looking for praise, but I cannot let one speak falsely on matters they are uneducated on. If you're ever interested in being educated on the matter the Order of The Black Rose and even GR will happily do so in a more appropriate setting. I personally am quite active on IRC ;)

To make a statement like that you'd have to see at least a handful of occasions when the OBR has actually had an opportunity to honour a defense pact. Maybe my memory is failing me but I can only think of one time the OBR has ever honoured an MDP, and another time when they bailed on an ally on the eve of war. Hardly worthy of the drones of praise they receive whenever they break wind.

I'm not sure which occasions you are referring to. OBR is one of the most honorable alliances in the game. They do not go to war without just cause. OBR's word alone is worth more than many MADP signed around this part. We trust OBR's action is as honorable as their words, and they trust ours.

P.S. Hey Polaris, thanks for the good words guys ^_^

Edited by Zero-One

The Order has never bailed on an ally. The timing of the announcement was touchy, but it was agreed upon far before the war. If we are to be discredited for anything it is the speed in which such matters were handled.

Yeah, that war was seen from miles away. The speed with which you bailed on them was slow and then "OH !@#$ a war better get on that!"

This for me looks like "If you are going to win I can help you, if not..."

TOP foreign policy.

Edited by Sal Paradise

Yeah, that war was seen from miles away. The speed with which you bailed on them was slow and then "OH !@#$ a war better get on that!"

TOP foreign policy.

It was far before the rumors also.. believe me we hated the circumstances and it hurt us quite a bit. I believe that reinstating the CSN proves that and had it not been for inactive leadership way back then (it was nearly impossible for us to do anything >_> ) it would have been announced at a more appropriate time. Once again if you're looking for the full story, you're welcome to find me on IRC ;)

If you're happy with your perspective I can only wish you well ;)

My thanks goes to all those who have shown support in this thread.

It's an ODP.
2.Something Special

a.If conflict comes to our borders we may ask but not demand defensive help of our partner.

b.If we seek conflict our partner has no legal or moral obligation to provide assistance.

3.Needs to be said.

a.Doing the right thing should never require a treaty.

For me looks like a OADP, may be I'm e-lawering but it couldn't be the first time that OBR hides something in a treaty.

When you're dealing with OBR, an ODP is probably worth more than an MDP with a lot of other alliances. ^_^

Oh yes, quite true.

I was merely commenting on some of the redundancy involved in making an ODP explicitly non-chaining.

As for the people speculating upon whether it is an ODP or an OADP, it's a fairly trivial matter. Both OBR and TOP are sovereign alliances and possess the right to declare war, even aggressively.