Operation Brasstacks

king of cochin

OOC: I bought the railgun with an aircraft carrier from Iamthey, who RPs carried over stuff from LVN. (Also, yes it counts for 2 of mine IG carriers.) Also, the SDI only is about nukes :)

IC: By now, Southern Tang forces were in full retreat, taking heavy casualties. However, the X-02 Wyverns were far more advanced than anything the RCAF could field and flew circles around the confused RCAF aircraft.

OOC: To Cochin: do understand my X-02 Wyverns are stealth and FSW, enabling extreme maneuverability. I have them ordered from Iamthey for a reason :) At any BVR range your missiles won't even see me. XD

IC: However, due to the ground retreat on full disarray, ST tactical command has authorized the use of artillery-shell based and Stealth UCAV carried nuclear weapons, which were tipped with dummy warheads.

OOC: I bought the railgun with an aircraft carrier from Iamthey, who RPs carried over stuff from LVN. (Also, yes it counts for 2 of mine IG carriers.) Also, the SDI only is about nukes :)

IC: By now, Southern Tang forces were in full retreat, taking heavy casualties. However, the X-02 Wyverns were far more advanced than anything the RCAF could field and flew circles around the confused RCAF aircraft.

OOC: To Cochin: do understand my X-02 Wyverns are stealth and FSW, enabling extreme maneuverability. I have them ordered from Iamthey for a reason :) At any BVR range your missiles won't even see me. XD

IC: However, due to the ground retreat on full disarray, ST tactical command has authorized the use of artillery-shell based and Stealth UCAV carried nuclear weapons, which were tipped with dummy warheads.

The X02 which were evading the RCAF's fighter borne and AWACS borne tactical radar coverage system made it clear that Cochin was now dealing with a higher capability stealth airplane. This necessitated RCAF to launch 2 more HALOB AWACS and now the 5 AWACS in the skies jacked up to full power and started sweeping the skies concentrating beams of their radar to burn through the stealth of the enemy fighters.

The S-RECO and Raptor which were monitoring the Southern Tang forces so far had noted all artillery positions so far, and any position not hit yet by GB4 cluster munitions, Piranha attacks, MLRS attacks, SPG attacks and Metac AAP attacks would now be engaged by the rampaging steeds of the Royal Cochin Army.

As regards the inbound UCAVs, the higher power radar sweeps by the AWACS is bound to burn through most stealth capabilities as a total of around 40MW of electromagnetic energy would be pumped out by the 5 AWACS from their solid state, variable frequency, phased array radars.

EDIT: Lack of citation and development RP abt Tank CIWS, :P

Edited by king of cochin

The X-02s detected several extremely radar signatures, and did what they could: paint them as the brightest targets in the sky. HARM missiles were fired from positions behind front, and the X-02 pilots flew to wirelessly guide them to their targets and ensure kills. If the missiles were defeated, the X-02 pilots will fire rockets and cannon rounds until the eyes of RCAF are blinded.

As soon as the first missile launch was registered against the AWACS, they went into self defense mode, rapidly switching on and off to deny proper tracking for the inbound HARM missiles. They also started futile evasive maneuvers in the sky, dropping volumes of chaff and flare. The inbound missiles were also engaged by AIM-H missiles fired by the Su30s protecting the AWACS.

As the X02s fired their missiles they too provided the target tracking information to the JM2 fighter bombers who engaged them with their AIM-R and AIM-H missiles.

OOC: I'm flying X-02s with them to ensure that tracking is not lost, as i'm using the X-02 to also maintain a radar lock on the AWACS. Also, your maneuvers were futile, then the missiles were successful. Also, switching radar on and off will not work as the signature was locked on to before launch. Also, when I'm firing rockets and guns, radar is not being actively used and thus will not be vulnerable to anti-radiation missiles.

OOC: Some AWACS would be lost, but the missiles I fire are not anti radiation, rather radar and heat seeking which got their tracking when you fired your missiles. Also you cannot RP your X02s as invincible! They too have to take the casualties from the Outer Air Battles until they come to missile range of AWACS!!

IC: One Halob AWACS and a Merat AWACS were deemed hit by the X02 attack and the remaining AWACS confounded the missiles using jamming and counter measures.

Although the X-02 was stealth, some serious flaws in heat diffusion showed when two R-73 'Atoll' missiles launched by RCAF Su-30s were able to lock on and hit their targets, downing two aircraft. Meanwhile, the nuclear artillery hit and the UCAVs were recalled, as the damage was already. Southern Tang ground forces continue their retreat.

"Well Gen. Lu, I think we can conclude the exercises now, dont you think? The Ground war was been more on Cochin side, while the air war was more on Southern Tang side. Now we need to debrief and collate the experience gained from this and turn them into expertise," Lt. Gen. Shankar Iyer, Chief of Army Staff of Royal Cochin Army said.

The orders for withdrawal were issued to all units of Royal Cochin Defense Forces participating in the Operation Brasstacks. Men and units with "I am Dead" blinking Miles gear, soon withdrew to their bases for much needed rest.

Royal Cochin Defense Forces is organizing a Bada Khana, a massive feast for all Cochin and Southern Tang soldiers, where food, drinks, music and joviality shall be abundant.