The need to do something more.

Acca Dacca

Queen Ava sunk into her chair as the politicians talked about what made no sense to her, economics. She knew the basics and had already attended some introduction courses from college that were in that field. Yet, it simply was more and more complicated as they went on. She looked up at the lighting over the discussion table. The Tintagyl Hall was now more productive with Acca Dacca becoming more and more foreign affairs. The comfy leather chair swayed back and forth as the adults continued thier lectures and shared opinions over the spreading of economy in the nation, and how it will spread internationally. Yet Ava was elsewhere. She had created her own peace of mind like the instructions of the Lama had called for her to do in a stressed moment. Yet, it was interupted:

"Do you have anything to add, My Queen?"

And with a sudden snap to attention, Ava sat up and she acted as if she was caught sleeping in class, but then it hit her. Her wishes and the wishes of her economic committee met one another and the words began to spill out. Thus was this transcript:

"Over the past few months I have been spreading the words of peace, trust and understanding. What I have been forgetting about is that many people out there dont care about these issues. After hearing everything that you have stated in the past couple of minutes, I have come to a realizing that some people must be out there, asking themselves, what is in it for me? I have a solution to mine, yours, and everyones problem.

For people to listen to me, they must first trust me. What if we were to establish a banking system, a system based off Tibet's system. We have already established ourselves as a neutral entity. Now, we can run this system as a nonbiased organization.We can help others and make sure that all nations benefit. We could spread wealth and its what everyone wants.

The Tibetan Banking Society (TBS) was something of a Swiss bank account. Something that would hold money in times of war. It also helped set a standard for banking globally. It wasnt well recieved the first time around, but I hope to try it once more!"

Her economic council was wary at first, but they began to agree. She would need outside help, and for that she would contact the government of Promised Land:

"Good Evening. I believe you to be one of the better peace keepers in the world. You worked with Tibet in keeping peace in the past and you worked with my father, Mykep, with his organizations. You also were a friend of Sarah's. I hope to help keep peace and maintain peace once more like many before me. I cant do it like you did with the GPI, but what I can do is help the world re-establish a system like the Tibet Banking System. I request your help in achieving this. Please make your way to Bangkok, Acca Dacca if you are interested."

Peace be with you,

Queen Ava Jones of Acca Dacca.

"Good Evening. I believe you to be one of the better peace keepers in the world. You worked with Tibet in keeping peace in the past and you worked with my father, Mykep, with his organizations. You also were a friend of Sarah's. I hope to help keep peace and maintain peace once more like many before me. I cant do it like you did with the GPI, but what I can do is help the world re-establish a system like the Tibet Banking System. I request your help in achieving this. Please make your way to Bangkok, Acca Dacca if you are interested."

Peace be with you,

Queen Ava Jones of Acca Dacca.

TO: Queen Ava Jones

I cannot attend personally, but I can send someone to discuss this matter on our behalf. Theodore Jameson has full authority to make decisions on behalf of my nation in this matter.

~Administrator Richard Anderson

The choice, upon first seeing the man in question, seemed an unusual one. The Queen was a teenager, not even fully grown yet. Theodore Jameson was a fully grown black man, and at a height of just over six feet with a large build to match, he would easily dwarf her in size.

However, he was not the head of the Diplomatic Corps for nothing--and he had experience in dealing with those in authority who were...younger than the world generally was ready to accept. He'd helped train a diplomat who was barely sixteen years of age, and she'd proven her worth by successfully negotiating her nation out of a sticky situation.

The key, he'd found, was treating whomever he was there to talk with as an equal, regardless of their age.

At the same time, Ava was quite used to seeing those larger, older, stronger, and generally better than her look down to her if they were outside her kingdom, but inside there looked up. Yet, she wasnt here nor there when it came to dealing with Theodore, she sat down with him and shared her knowledge on the subject at hand.

"Good evening Theodore, I am Queen Ava Jones of Acca Dacca. I have asked for you to come here today to help me do something better for the internernational community. You see, I have been searching for the answers for international peace and one such logical persepctive has brought me to terms with seeking a way to do it economically. If everyone is benefiting from everyone, well then they would have no need to attack each other. I wish to start with this new way of taking on world peace by having everyone trust me with thier money, and benefit in return for thier trust in me. With that, I'd like to reinstate the the system that Tibet once used: The Tibetan Banking Society (TBS).

It is for the sole purpose of gaining more international support and having them benefit when it comes to money. Here is the old outline:

The Tibetan Banking Society

Banking privacy

Tibetan bank secrecy protects private banking information; the protections afforded under Tibetan law are similar to confidentiality protections between doctors and patients or lawyers and their clients. The Tibetan government views the right to privacy as a fundamental principle that should be protected by all democratic countries. While secrecy is protected, in practice all bank accounts are linked to an identified individual, and a prosecutor or judge may issue a "lifting order" in order to grant law enforcement access to information relevant to a criminal investigation.

Numbered Bank Accounts

Some bank accounts are afforded an extra degree of privacy. Information concerning such accounts, known as numbered accounts, is restricted to senior bank officers, rather than being accessible to all the employees of a bank. However, the information required to open such an account is no different from that of an ordinary account; completely anonymous accounts are prohibited by law. Should a criminal investigation take place, law enforcement has access to information related to a numbered account in the same way it has access to information about any other account.

Insurance

Tibetan Banking Society Accounts are insured up to W1,000,000 or whatever the matching exchange rate for international currency is at the time. Funds are insured by the Tibetan Banking Society through private investors and business investors.

Taxation

Tibetan law distinguishes between tax evasion and tax fraud. If any holdings are not declared to the taxation authorities, a natural or legal person commits tax evasion. Tax evasion is not considered an offence, but only a misdemeanour. It is assumed that failed declaration of one's assets is not sufficient evidence for criminal intent, as the chance of unintentional failure is too high. However, tax fraud is considered a criminal offence under Tibetan law and prosecuted according to the Tibetan Penal Code. A forged tax declaration, like the statement of significantly below-market valuation of real estate or the counterfeiting of bank statements, is a criminal offense.

Money Laundering

There are several measures in place to counter money laundering. The Money Laundering Act sets forth requirements of account holders' identification, and requires reporting of any suspicious transactions to the Money Laundering Reporting Office. Tibet could be seen as a major international financial center vulnerable to the layering and integration stages of money laundering; despite significant legislation and reporting requirements, secrecy rules persist and nonresidents are permitted to conduct business through offshore entities and various intermediaries. However, Tibet's cooperation in transnational financial issues will be paramount. An anti-terrorism joint task force will be setup to target financing of terrorist cells

I need your help redefining it. Adjusting it to fit current times. Why whould I want to do this? Well, I see results coming from this idea. Honestly, I want to try different things, I need to do something more...

Theodore sat calmly as he listened to her proposal. if he dismissed it in the end, it would not be because of her age, or the fact that it had been tried before and failed, but rather because he honestly thought it wouldn't work. However...he did not think so. With a few modifications, it just might be successful.

"Such a system might not necessarily achieve the goals you set out--I don't know. But it is a worthy goal in and of itself."

"The wording might need changed where monetary laws are concerned--something better left to you and your advisors, as you are undoubtedly more familiar with the applicable statutes in your own nation. If you use this outline, it's fairly obvious you'll need to substitute Acca Dacca for Tibet, but that's fairly straightforward."

"But this last sentence in the outline, 'An anti-terrorism joint task force will be set up to target financing of terrorist cells.' It's a bit ambiguous--does that mean it would pursue such people across the globe? I don't think the writer of this document had that intent, but it might seem that way to others. Perhaps simply a private security force should be maintained, and a note that says any funds found to belong to those financing terrorists or other criminals are liable to be seized."

A private security force that seems alot better worded. What I plan to do with this system is take it international. Its for this purpose that I called upon you. Tibet did implement this system in his own nation but I hope to make it something available in all countries. They will recieve better Tax Efficiency; Convenience with easy, international access; and a safe haven for your money. If war were to break out, your economy would have a backbone when you come back into peace. It will also bring into view an international market. People would be able to put thier stock up on my society and people could invest. Governments will be helping other governments and have both of them benefit.

I wish for an open international market and to help those in war.

A private security force that seems alot better worded. What I plan to do with this system is take it international. Its for this purpose that I called upon you. Tibet did implement this system in his own nation but I hope to make it something available in all countries. They will recieve better Tax Efficiency; Convenience with easy, international access; and a safe haven for your money. If war were to break out, your economy would have a backbone when you come back into peace. It will also bring into view an international market. People would be able to put thier stock up on my society and people could invest. Governments will be helping other governments and have both of them benefit.

I wish for an open international market and to help those in war.

"An international bank," he mused. "Yes, such a thing could greatly benefit the world in the ways you describe. Convenience, financial security, and the more who participate, the more the odds of success increase."

He looked her in the eye. "But you didn't ask my government to come here just to fine-tune the proposed system, did you? Seeking outside opinions and recommendations is good, yes, but you could have simply called on economist or two for that."

He had his suspicions, but he wanted to hear for himself the reason he'd been sent.

The real reason why I requested an audience with your nation is because you worked well with Tibet. His reign was short lived over this world, but the Dalai Lama did have an effect on it...an effect on me. I am attempting to do my best to carry out his mission, my father's mission and Mrs. Tintagyl's mission all at the same time. It is solely for me attempting to carry out what Tibet started have I called you for. My mission is what I believe is right, what those before me thought was right.

Do you believe Tibet would do this process the way I am, or differently? I believe you to be one of the best to understand what he attempted to carry out doing, and in using his system I'd like to try to pay my respects by finishing what he started the way the Lama would do it.

Her opinion on this matter is of importance to me as well. I seek one that is reasonably fair when it comes to smething of this matter. You may not believe that my mission is possible, but you still wouldnt oppose it. That is another reason why I have called upon you. A fair voice. I dont seek the help of an economic, I seek the help of someone who views the world a similar way that I do, fairly. Unbiased. Is the world ready for this? Or should I wait when it is needed, or even wanted. An economist could give me thier outlook, but that is not what I am going for. I am looking at the political atmosphere.

So, what say you?

Theodore Jameson leaned back in his seat. There was no easy, simple answer to something like this. it was not a straigtforward yes or no question. Political intrigue often swallowed whole even those individuals or nations who played the game their entire existence. And that was only part of it.

"To be honest...I think Tibet had the right idea when they implimented the banking system. However, they lacked the capability of making the funds truly secure. It wasn't as much matter of timing, I think, or a matter of trust--people did trust Tibet to a degree not seen for any other nation but the Hanseatic Commonwealth. Rather, it was the fact that the nations and people of the time doubted Tibet could truly ensure no outside party interfered with the system."

"If it could be proven that the funds would be as secure as humanly poossible, I think individuals and nations alike would have no problem in trusting their money to this bank you propose."

Very well. Yet, how do you propose that I secure such banks? I mean, I feel that putting them in thier own individual nations simply under my nation's system would benefit them and put the security under them. However, I wish to take that a step further by providing more training to any forces given to the protection of the banks. These would generally by citizens of that naiton who wish to enter an international programme under my jurisdiction to provide the security for thier banks.

That will allow them to know that they have thier own citizens working the banks. It will also allow them to keep thier miliary units to themselves without the hassle of being put on bank duty rather than on the battlefield. Nevertheless, I believe the backing of some nations as a whole to provide for any operations or services the bank may need, such as terrorists, robberies, or even another nation threatening the system.

Think that would work? Are you willing to be one of the nations to provide support?

"That...might work. Of course, some countries would not allow a foreign nation to control something like that within their own borders, but that's par for the course. Not everyone is going to be happy no matter what you do."

"Most nations wouldn't care as long as it brings them both security, and income (since you would be paying their citizens for providing the security)."

"And I'm sure my nation would be happy to provide additional security."

I suppose that you are right. Cant please them all. However, I do want this to be a world achievement. So how should this be written? Outline the Tibet system, of course, but we do need to make this an international system with all of my changes. I'm going to incorporate the changes you already suggested, but do you have anything else to add?