BN² (The Brutstute News Network)

blueroan

The following is an excerpt from the president's address.

"Greetings, members of our great state. Through our continued hard work, and perseverance, we, the Citizens of Brutstute, have come through the Great Karmic Wars of recent past through sacrifice and the strength of our glorious alliances. I would first thank you, great people, for this dedication to the rebuilding efforts. Because of this, Brutstute has been able to launch additional communications satellites in preparation for additional economic expansion. This satellite, designated 'Julia - 3', joins the other two Julia satellites to expand the communications network of our nation and further integrate it into the global arena."

And now ... the weather!

• 2 weeks later...

The following is an excerpt from the presidential address:

"Citizens of Brutstute. Today, we have launched our final Julia communications satellite necessary to complete a global communications network. This does not mean that our technological progress in space will come to end. I propose that our first citizen will be on the Moon, or on Mars, by the March of next year. We will also be installing a platform in space that will assist in the preservation of life and property in the event that the peace that we have been blessed by our glorious Alliance must come to an end. This will require additional sacrifice and very hard work, but with our perseverance, we shall prevail."

And now ... the weather!

• 9 months later...

The following is an excerpt from the president's national address:

[i]"Citizens of Brutstute. Today, we mark an historic event. After more than a year of anarchy and revolution brought about by our involvement in recent global wars, we have formed a government. This is a government of, by and for the people of our great state, and will endure for many more years to come. Our military is now stronger, thanks to our ingenuity, and our nation is richer thanks to our continued alliance with the League Of Small Superpowers."[/i]

In other news, the president went on to discuss economic reforms with unemployment beginning to rise:

[i]"We will be placing thousands back to work with continued investment in our nation's roads, bridges and other infrastructure projects. I have authorised the release of millions from the general surplus fund for such projects."[/i]

He also addressed the need for the arts and military strength:

[i]"I know many of you are tired of seeing the bombed out crater that was once our national Opera Hall. Thank you very much for your letters. I am happy to announce that it will be restored. In addition to restoring our cultural treasures, a new anti-air defense network has been commissioned to help prevent such an occurrence from happening again.[/i]

And now ... the weather!

Edited by blueroan

• 4 weeks later...

The following is an excerpt from the presidential address to the nation:

[i]Greetings my fellow citizens of Brutstute. I stand before you today a very proud man. Proud of our nation and the glorious history that has been opened for us. Through our technological prowess and the assistance of our great alliance, we have made the first steps towards a brighter future. I am speaking, of course, of our space program. This program will have massive positive impacts on our military and our civilian sectors. Good, high paying jobs are now open to all who qualify. I will also make this pledge if the people will pull together. Ladies and gentlemen, we will be setting foot on another celestial body.[/i]

And now ... the weather!

Edited by blueroan