Reconciliation

king of cochin

To: Administrator Richard Anderson,

Promised Land

Hello Administrator,

Recent events seem to point out to a deterioration of the relations between Cochin and Promised Land. The Kingdom of Cochin considers Promised Land as a trusted friend and ally.

In the interests of re affirming that friendship, we request you to accept an emissary from the Kingdom of Cochin.

Sd,

HH Rama Varma,

The King of Cochin.

To: HH Rama Varma

The Kingdom of Cochin

Your Majesty, I'm sure you can understand why we felt the way we did. While we did not always agree with the actions of the Dragon Empire, we did view it in much the manner a parent views a child that has grown, and as such must let it make its own decisions. However, with this in mind, we can also understand your reasoning for having left the Empire. Send your emissary.

~Administrator Richard Anderson

KP Varma, Minister for External Affairs is on his way to Promised Land. On meeting Richard Anderson he would say, "Hello Mr. Anderson. Thank you for welcoming me to your nation. We understand your rationale for your stand and we are grateful that you have acknowledged our viewpoint too. Cochin has long been a silent partner letting Dragonisia dictate power in Dragon Empire while it was us that was guaranteeing its power. At a point we must stop being a sacrificial lamb and step back from an effective Death Pact.

Anyway that is history.

We hope we can move over and reestablish the friendship that our nations have enjoyed for a long time."

Richard Anderson, upon greeting KP Varma, shook his hand. "Perhaps. That is what we are here to discuss, is it not?" he asked rhetorically. "First, however, there remains one issue...how can we trade with someone who has no access to the sea in their nation proper? Do you have any current friends that would allow trade routes over their territory?"

"In that case..." they were, by now, seated in his office. "Was there anything in particular you wished to discuss while you are here?"

Anderson bent down for a brief moment in his chair, reaching for something. "And can I offer you a drink?" he asked, withdrawing a bottle of mild red wine from underneath his desk.

"The Kingdom would like to know if there is any possibility of a Non Aggression Pact and a Free Trade Agreement between our nations at this time. And of course thank you for this excellent wine, Administrator."

After pouring some wine for his guest, he also brought out a glass for himself.

"It's from Palintine, before the decline in the quality of their grapes. In any case, Promised Land would be happy to sign such an agreement, I think. Do you have a template with you I could look over?"

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Perhaps this draft would interest the Promised Land?

Cochin - Promised Land Friendship Treaty

The undersigned nations, the Kingdom of Cochin and the Promised Land, do hereby enter into a pact of non-aggression.

Article I. Non-Aggression

Promised Land and Cochin hereby agree to non-aggression. Neither nation shall engage or assist in acts of war against the other, be they covert or military.

Article II. Free Trade

Promised Land and Cochin agree to remove all tariffs on trade between their nations.

Article III. Cancellation

Should either nation find that this treaty no longer fits their relationship, they may cancel at any time, provided they give 48 hours advance notice to the other signatory.

Sd,

His Highness Rama Varma,

The King of Cochin

Sd,

~Administrator Richard Anderson,

Promised Land

Edited by king of cochin

Anderson looked it over for a moment, then withdrew a pen from the holder sitting by his right hand and signed it...

~Administrator Richard Anderson

"Not sure how popular this will make me with the common citizens, as a lot of them can't see the larger picture, but I believe this is in my nation's best interests."

Putting the pen away, he took a sip of his wine. "Was there anything else you wanted to discuss?"