Another Question about Religion Idology and Country

flowingfire

Hello again,

I just begrudgingly switched my nation's religion from "Islam" to "Voodoo" because my nation demanded it.

What the heck? I created a country with a bunch of people of the Arab nationality, put it in the most Islamic part of the world, and then attempted to make their religion Islam. I did this to be consistent and to create a nation that's truly consistent in character... Instead I have a strange mix that doesn't make much sense now.

Why are people that obviously ought to be Muslim demanding a completely polytheistic religion that is a complete opposite to the one I tried to establish for the country?

If somebody has the codes to do it, please change my country's preferred religion to "Islam" to fit with the character of the country I created.

Heck, I just want my country to make sense... Or does the country's preference change over time based on your actions?

It's randomized.

Personally,I just stick with whatever religion I want.

And you'll be able to change it soon enough anyhow.

Ok. :) Thanks for the reply. As a startup nation, it was negatively affecting the economy. So for the time being I may have to be a bit inconsistent. Soon enough, I'll make the nation embrace Islam, dangit, even if it means building a bazillion-dollar national temple.

OH, and what do you mean that I'll be able to change it soon enough? Is there something you can do in the game? Or is somebody going to update the software to make religion more mailable?

-Whackostan

Ok. :) Thanks for the reply. As a startup nation, it was negatively affecting the economy. So for the time being I may have to be a bit inconsistent. Soon enough, I'll make the nation embrace Islam, dangit, even if it means building a bazillion-dollar national temple.

OH, and what do you mean that I'll be able to change it soon enough? Is there something you can do in the game? Or is somebody going to update the software to make religion more mailable?

-Whackostan

About every 3-5 weeks, your citizens will get a hankering

for a new religion.

You can ignore it, if you wish to, but you will suffer an economic

loss.

The same applies to government.

I am KING Vitauts! I am not a President .. a Dictator.. or anything else.. I AM THE KING!

Similarly, I impose the Norse religion as the religion of state over the hordes of displaced populations that I have come to lord over, or I have conquered. NORSE religion! We will die and go to Valhalla... or bust!

And this has been the case sice I started my nation over 300 days ago. Never once changed. The price you pay of course is a -2 happiness penalty (-1 for the government type and -1 for the religion)

Happy? you want my serfs to be happy? HA! thay can be unhappy for all I care.

All I demand from them is that they Fear me.

King Vitauts the intransigent

(so: you can choose whatever you like and stick with it, just live with the mild happiness penalty)