An Announcement from the Emperor of the Roman Empire

Folger Soldier

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DISCLAIMER: The following statements should be taken purely within the world of TE. Feel free to attack me in that game mode, but please, do not take things out on my SE nation. Remember, these are two totally different worlds.

I just want to say that I kinda have sympathy for Tiberius. If this were SE, then maybe I'd agree with Folger, but because of the TE factor, how this game mode is just a GTA-ified version of SE, with treaties and stuff meaning little, I'll have to stand by his diabolical little plan. It just sounds like a perfectly ok thing to do in a game mode where there's always next round. Not to the mention the awesomeness that would occur it actually succeeded!

DISCLAIMER: The following statements should be taken purely within the world of TE. Feel free to attack me in that game mode, but please, do not take things out on my SE nation. Remember, these are two totally different worlds.

I just want to say that I kinda have sympathy for Tiberius. If this were SE, then maybe I'd agree with Folger, but because of the TE factor, how this game mode is just a GTA-ified version of SE, with treaties and stuff meaning little, I'll have to stand by his diabolical little plan. It just sounds like a perfectly ok thing to do in a game mode where there's always next round. Not to the mention the awesomeness that would occur it actually succeeded!

No worries, this is TE, but in a network full of individuals who hold grudges, what Tibs was after would've had devastating consequences for RE in the rounds to come and, obviously, I was against his goals. If he had succeeded... it would only have been temporary... after all, even once the round is over, don't most people want to hit the #1 alliance.

This is why treaties are terrible ideas in TE. Nothing ever is as it seems.

Actually.. this plan became the perfect defensive offence against TE treaties. I have to give kudos to Tibs in his developing a plan that could of changed the metrics of TE but unfortunately he made one large mistake in trusting a person who turned on him. It was unfortunate that the one who should of seen the brilliance of this, developed the near fatal illness of "TE Treatitist". RE lost the opportuntiy to once and for all destroy the mega alliance treaty blocks that have ruined TE for the past 4 rounds.

Panic King

Edited by Panic King

From what I have read, this reminds me alot of something that took place along time ago, in Rome.

"Et tu, Brute?"

for some reason anything associated with the Ancient Rome seems to follow in its foot steps.

well i wish RE the best of luck, and hope that they can truly find a system that will work for them.

Actually.. this plan became the perfect defensive offence against TE treaties. I have to give kudos to Tibs in his developing a plan that could of changed the metrics of TE but unfortunately he made one large mistake in trusting a person who turned on him. It was unfortunate that the one who should of seen the brilliance of this, developed the near fatal illness of "TE Treatitist". RE lost the opportuntiy to once and for all destroy the mega alliance treaty blocks that have ruined TE for the past 4 rounds.

Panic King

There is one HUGE flaw in your analysis. The plans brilliance was based on treaties being paper, instead of treaties being built on actual friendships. Folgers conscience that in fact the goal does not justify the means, is an epic win for the Roman Empire as well as how others view him. I know before this all came out in the open, we at TPF as well as atleast 4 other alliance were already scrutinizing Tibs and RE. Tibs plan would of failed either way, he assumes when he deals with others, that he sized them up and its a done deal. Arrogance being the biggest flaw of the plan.

Until such time as the war with MHA/Fark/PU ends, I will not do anything that could harm the Empire. That means until this fight is over I will not pursue my rightful position as Emperor, because it would tear Rome in two. I have always done what is best for Rome. That will not change. If, at the end of this war, I determine that Rome is better off with me in charge then Folger, I will not hesitate to take back the Empire. However, if it seems to me that Rome is safer under Folger's leadership, then I will back off. Never will I do anything to put this alliance in danger.

brilliant plan, you know how those farkers cave when told to fall in line or enjoy the pleasures of an underdog war...

Lol, O/ Holy War of Farkistan

@ Tiberius

An interesting idea, you certainly have that evil genius thing going for you. However, as said before, you are no Dilber. Machievellan realpolitik is good in theory, however, this went a bit overboard. You should have kept TPF with you and tried to instigate something between everyone else. Oh, and if you think for one second you would have intimidated me and PU into becoming your lapdogs you have something else coming friend :P

Decent plan, though you left out quite a few factors.

You seem to forget that there are people just as powerhungry and devious as you- i am sure there are spies in RE, as there are in any alliance with a decent amount of members. This plan was bound to fail.

Lets not forget, you underestimated the influence of pretty much every alliance in the game, including PU and UJA.

Finally, you did pretty much everything right, except convince your own troops of what theyre fighting for is best for all (in the end, it's what the alliance wants, not just what one individual wants- go look up Nicholas II of Russia and how he convinced his soldiers that they were going to win).

B)

(then again, maybe i shouldn't be saying this, considering my avatar and signature...) ;)

Edited by murder

Oh, and if you think for one second you would have intimidated me and PU into becoming your lapdogs you have something else coming friend :P

I didn't think I'd really need to intimidate you. I had, and continue to have, great faith in Folger's ability to make friends of others. I was going to have him begin forming solid relations with you and Fark as soon as the FB/MHA/TPF war began. Unfortunately, he didn't exactly...see things my way.

Decent plan, though you left out quite a few factors.

You seem to forget that there are people just as powerhungry and devious as you- i am sure there are spies in RE, as there are in any alliance with a decent amount of members. This plan was bound to fail.

Lets not forget, you underestimated the influence of pretty much every alliance in the game, including PU and UJA.

Finally, you did pretty much everything right, except convince your own troops of what theyre fighting for is best for all (in the end, it's what the alliance wants, not just what one individual wants- go look up Nicholas II of Russia and how he convinced his soldiers that they were going to win).

B)

There may be spies in RE, but since I'd planned for only Folger and I to have any inkling of the plan, it wouldn't have mattered. I simply failed to anticipate Folger's betrayal. As for convincing my troops, well let's look shall we?

I remain loyal to you.
I will support you and stay loyal to you RE needs a leader like you to stay in the top.
I am with you!
im with you all the way!
I am loyal to The Roman Empire. Just tell me what you need me to do.

Those are the last five PM's I got from members, I won't bother to include the rest. Bear in mind, that's after Folger launched his coup.

Edited by Tiberius12

There is one HUGE flaw in your analysis. The plans brilliance was based on treaties being paper, instead of treaties being built on actual friendships. Folgers conscience that in fact the goal does not justify the means, is an epic win for the Roman Empire as well as how others view him. I know before this all came out in the open, we at TPF as well as atleast 4 other alliance were already scrutinizing Tibs and RE. Tibs plan would of failed either way, he assumes when he deals with others, that he sized them up and its a done deal. Arrogance being the biggest flaw of the plan.

Tiberius fell victim to his own Hubris, he believed he was the smartest person in the game. It took less than 3 hours from the moment TPF and RD attacked FB for the members of all his intended victims to figure out the plot, and to decide we wouldn't be puppets in the game.

Unfortunately for RE, Tiberius's schemes will prove ruinous to them for this round at least. In rounds to come, as Folger sticks to his word and becomes more trusted ( in my dealings with him he has never betrayed me, or anyone else, he's fought to his last breath to be an honorable man ) RE will experience a revival of sorts I predict, they will have to reform and reanalyze their methods. To any member of any alliance that respects honor, I ask for clemency for RE now that Tiberius is gone.

Also I'll add a caveat that I hope RE members will take very seriously, anyone who sides with Tiberius will become my enemy, I will bring all of my not inconsiderable influence, and power against you, Tiberius looked me in the eye and lied, he could easily have done other things and had this same result, I can think of at least four other plans that wouldn't involve him betraying confidences that he gave, for those who would side with him in RE, some members of TPF have been friends of RE longer than you have been members, he was willing to stab us in the back, he'll destroy you just as quickly, and with as little care for you, and from me you will receive no mercy. All of this post I'm speaking merely as myself, not for TPF, nor as a representitive of them. While TPF is no longer an ally of RE, for very good reasons. Folger remains my friend, and I wish him luck.

Tiberius you above else have seen what I can do, and you thought you could play my alliance? For the crime of breaking our friendship by betrayal, I forgive you, though I'll never forget. For the crime of putting into harm's way the 160+ nations that I strive every day to protect, you are condemned. You cannot change your ways, I will always find you, always sniff you out. Many others will be on the outlook for you, you cannot change who you are, and we will know you no matter what incarnation you take. As long as you exist in CN, We'll find you, we'll thwart you, and we'll ultimately destroy you. TPF is my family, you put that family in harms way, I will do whatever it takes to rain down hell upon you for as long as I breath and you are here in TE. Reap what you sow, and then some.

Skulk in the shadows if you wish, the broken tyrant who fell to Hubris, your praetorian guard cutting you down in your bed chamber for the good of Rome. So be it, Rome will endure, even if the enemy at the gate triumphs for a day, and it will endure all the better now that you have been revealed for what you are.

I will now ask for forgiveness from the people of my alliance for not detecting the snake earlier, from Frostbite for not discerning Tiberius's plot earlier, and from RD for the same reason.

From the rest of TE to you Tiberius. We are Stronger without you.

P.S: If the above seems overly wordy, dramatic, or nonsensical to you, keep in mind that while I could have just wrote "Tibs you are dead to me, o7 Folger" the above was a lot more fun for me to write, and while many do not hold with grudges, I play this game for the social interaction as much for the war. Friendships mean more to me than "winning" for a round, that's my choice, it's how I roll. I try not to judge other people's reasons for doing what they do, do me a favor and don't judge mine.

Oh and Tiberius, take that quote from Jonboy16 off your sig, you have proved you never believed it, and it makes you look particularly hypocritical that you're wearing a tag from a Government member from TPF.

There may be spies in RE, but since I'd planned for only Folger and I to have any inkling of the plan, it wouldn't have mattered.

How's that working out for you?

Edited by murder

Lots of words.

So basically, I'm an idiot who betrayed you, TPF, and lots of other people? Yeah, I can live with that. Please remember though, I managed to fool you and god knows how many other people for...well, for pretty much as long as I've been playing TE. And please don't preach morality at me Gabs, given this quote:

<Gabryal[TPF]> Caustic if you can think of a way to "ceremonially" retire BG

<Gabryal[TPF]> I'd be all ears

I know that since I have no screenshots and no proof, many people will say this is made up. And of course I deny that, because it isn't. Remember Gabs, let he who is innocent cast the first stone.

How's that working out for you?

Not well :P .

Edited by Tiberius12

Tiberius fell victim to his own Hubris, he believed he was the smartest person in the game. It took less than 3 hours from the moment TPF and RD attacked FB for the members of all his intended victims to figure out the plot, and to decide we wouldn't be puppets in the game.

Unfortunately for RE, Tiberius's schemes will prove ruinous to them for this round at least. In rounds to come, as Folger sticks to his word and becomes more trusted ( in my dealings with him he has never betrayed me, or anyone else, he's fought to his last breath to be an honorable man ) RE will experience a revival of sorts I predict, they will have to reform and reanalyze their methods. To any member of any alliance that respects honor, I ask for clemency for RE now that Tiberius is gone.

Also I'll add a caveat that I hope RE members will take very seriously, anyone who sides with Tiberius will become my enemy, I will bring all of my not inconsiderable influence, and power against you, Tiberius looked me in the eye and lied, he could easily have done other things and had this same result, I can think of at least four other plans that wouldn't involve him betraying confidences that he gave, for those who would side with him in RE, some members of TPF have been friends of RE longer than you have been members, he was willing to stab us in the back, he'll destroy you just as quickly, and with as little care for you, and from me you will receive no mercy. All of this post I'm speaking merely as myself, not for TPF, nor as a representitive of them. While TPF is no longer an ally of RE, for very good reasons. Folger remains my friend, and I wish him luck.

Tiberius you above else have seen what I can do, and you thought you could play my alliance? For the crime of breaking our friendship by betrayal, I forgive you, though I'll never forget. For the crime of putting into harm's way the 160+ nations that I strive every day to protect, you are condemned. You cannot change your ways, I will always find you, always sniff you out. Many others will be on the outlook for you, you cannot change who you are, and we will know you no matter what incarnation you take. As long as you exist in CN, We'll find you, we'll thwart you, and we'll ultimately destroy you. TPF is my family, you put that family in harms way, I will do whatever it takes to rain down hell upon you for as long as I breath and you are here in TE. Reap what you sow, and then some.

Skulk in the shadows if you wish, the broken tyrant who fell to Hubris, your praetorian guard cutting you down in your bed chamber for the good of Rome. So be it, Rome will endure, even if the enemy at the gate triumphs for a day, and it will endure all the better now that you have been revealed for what you are.

I will now ask for forgiveness from the people of my alliance for not detecting the snake earlier, from Frostbite for not discerning Tiberius's plot earlier, and from RD for the same reason.

From the rest of TE to you Tiberius. We are Stronger without you.

P.S: If the above seems overly wordy, dramatic, or nonsensical to you, keep in mind that while I could have just wrote "Tibs you are dead to me, o7 Folger" the above was a lot more fun for me to write, and while many do not hold with grudges, I play this game for the social interaction as much for the war. Friendships mean more to me than "winning" for a round, that's my choice, it's how I roll. I try not to judge other people's reasons for doing what they do, do me a favor and don't judge mine.

Oh and Tiberius, take that quote from Jonboy16 off your sig, you have proved you never believed it, and it makes you look particularly hypocritical that you're wearing a tag from a Government member from TPF.

Well said Gabryal. O/ on overthrowing your puppet masters. I look forward to seeing what path you will take

So basically, I'm an idiot who betrayed you, TPF, and lots of other people? Yeah, I can live with that. Please remember though, I managed to fool you and god knows how many other people for...well, for pretty much as long as I've been playing TE. And please don't preach morality at me Gabs, given this quote:

I know that since I have no screenshots and no proof, many people will say this is made up. And of course I deny that, because it isn't. Remember Gabs, let he who is innocent cast the first stone.

Not well :P .

Well that provides an interesting revelation. Is it true? Possibly. Can't prove it though, :/ lesson to the wise to keep logs

I wish you luck Tiberias, if you can finagle your way out of this situation when you have half the major power in TE gunning for you're head then you'll have earned yourself a drink on me

08[23:55] <Gabryal[TPF]> good

08[23:55] <Gabryal[TPF]> he's smart

08[23:56] <Gabryal[TPF]> his only weakness, is like mine

[23:56] <@XXXXXXXX> lol

08[23:56] <Gabryal[TPF]> we bleed TPF

[23:56] <@XXXXXXXX> no @X!# :P

08[23:56] <Gabryal[TPF]> as XXXX puts it

08[23:56] <Gabryal[TPF]> and BG, well he is more or less the embodiment of TPF

08[23:56] <Gabryal[TPF]> so we disagree alot, but at the end of the day follow his orders

Way to post my sarcastic remark when I was asked whether or not we could just coup BG ( as FB had just Coup'd their leader, Caustic being very new to the job and asking me that question ), this is what came after, when my recommendation was to talk to Wiz who would talk to BG. Spinning the truth is not out of character for you Tibs, but you'll still burn for it.

The XXXXX are to not reveal the person in the conversation as I did not get his permission beforehand.

Burning Glory is what makes TPF, TPF. Amazing how RE can exist without you Tiberius, and yet TPF could not exist without Burning Glory.

Edited for Clairty

Edited by Gabryal

If what I read is your true feelings........bad bad baaddd.... This is tantamount to PZI in TE and your threats to carry it over from one round to another is again a reason this game is in fail mode. You further state you intend to hunt him down in every incarnation in CN. Carrying this over to Bob is well..... I would personally like to see you try to implement that... empty threats!

If what I read is your true feelings........bad bad baaddd.... This is tantamount to PZI in TE and your threats to carry it over from one round to another is again a reason this game is in fail mode. You further state you intend to hunt him down in every incarnation in CN. Carrying this over to Bob is well..... I would personally like to see you try to implement that... empty threats!

Should have read CN-TE, since I don't play SE, however yes they are my true feelings, no I won't recant them. I am who I am, I play the way I wish to play, and while I completely respect your opinion Panic King, I do not see it the way you do. I am afraid we'll have to agree to disagree, as if anyone attempts to hurt the members of TPF in an underhanded fashion such as this, then this is what they will face. I do not make empty threats, and I do not threaten lightly. I know many will disagree, and that is fine. However it is not my opinion that it's TE = fail, I think the diversity in which people play is what makes the game interesting. As far as round after round grudges carried on, it's not the first time, it won't be the last. It's not an alliance vs. alliance one, this one is simply me telling Tibs that as long as I am around I will be his enemy.

Thank you for your opinion, I just do not share it.

Sorry Gabryal but you abandoned your allies when they most needed you because of 1 member... I thought you guys were better than that maybe Tiberius was doing the right thing anyways.

Sorry Gabryal but you abandoned your allies when they most needed you because of 1 member... I thought you guys were better than that maybe Tiberius was doing the right thing anyways.

TPF keeps its word in war.you think diffrent talk to me.