Zenith withdraws from SNOW

Kzoppistan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While your sentiment is largely correct with regards to TPF exterting huge influence, I can say that for the majority of the time whitle alliances not attached to TPF at the hip are largely left alone and can run a senate candidate without any drama. The problem with the white team, as I have mentioned a few times, is that those seeking "white unity" are really seeking political uniformity. Every white team economic treaty had a hook in it whether it is an embedded NAP or signing over your soverign rights to an appointed panel who dictate to you who you must trade with and when.

No matter how many of these treaties collapse because of these hooks the next version contains them again. The STA would love to be part of a white team economic treaty which is just that, an economic treaty. No NAPs, no trade czars, just a simple forum for white team members to sign up to and set up trade circles. Politics free. I dare to dream, I suppose.

Anyway, best of luck Zenith and I hope you stick around on the white team.

You guys wanna draw up the next one? :)

While your sentiment is largely correct with regards to TPF exterting huge influence, I can say that for the majority of the time whitle alliances not attached to TPF at the hip are largely left alone and can run a senate candidate without any drama. The problem with the white team, as I have mentioned a few times, is that those seeking "white unity" are really seeking political uniformity. Every white team economic treaty had a hook in it whether it is an embedded NAP or signing over your soverign rights to an appointed panel who dictate to you who you must trade with and when.

No matter how many of these treaties collapse because of these hooks the next version contains them again. The STA would love to be part of a white team economic treaty which is just that, an economic treaty. No NAPs, no trade czars, just a simple forum for white team members to sign up to and set up trade circles. Politics free. I dare to dream, I suppose.

Anyway, best of luck Zenith and I hope you stick around on the white team.

You're under the assumption Zenith left SNOW due to political differences with TPF. Why would they go through the trouble of dropping an economic bloc if their problem was with political uniformity? If that was their problem they simple would've cancelled their treaties. The reasons Zenith cancelled are purely economic and they want a more efficient system to get trades and tech deals done.

And Zenith is sticking around on white. I don't think they'll be dropping their TPF/FEAR treaties anytime soon, though. :)

Edited by The AUT

The AUT, Tyga was commenting on white sphere politics generally rather than specifically on Zenith or its decision to leave. His comments had very little to do with Zenith's announcement at all.

You guys wanna draw up the next one? :)

I believe the next one is already underway so we've been beaten to the punch there.

The AUT, Tyga was commenting on white sphere politics generally rather than specifically on Zenith or its decision to leave. His comments had very little to do with Zenith's announcement at all.

My bad I figured it'd be about Zenith given the, you know, content of the OP.

You're under the assumption Zenith left SNOW due to political differences with TPF.

No, I didn't say anything of the sort.

Why would they go through the trouble of dropping an economic bloc if their problem was with political uniformity? If that was their problem they simple would've cancelled their treaties. The reasons Zenith cancelled are purely economic and they want a more efficient system to get trades and tech deals done.

Again, you seem to be arguing with me over a figment of your imagination.

And Zenith is sticking around on white. I don't think they'll be dropping their TPF/FEAR treaties anytime soon, though. :)

Glad to hear they are sticking around on white. Their treaties are of no real interest to me but that is nice to know.

Glad to hear they are sticking around on white. Their treaties are of no real interest to me but that is nice to know.

Then why mention TPF? :P

Also, yeah, means more trades and the color recruitment vultures can go away. )):

Edited by The AUT

Fair enough. Though my problem was the blame of TPF on the bloc in general not so much the mentioning of them.

OOC: I want your old avatar back. <_<

I didn't blame TPF for anything.

With all the posturing and other remarks going on in this thread by STA members, it's a wonder a certain other alliance that withdrew from SNOW didn't change teams.

And what posturing would that be?

With all the posturing and other remarks going on in this thread by STA members, it's a wonder a certain other alliance that withdrew from SNOW didn't change teams. :rolleyes:

Did you miss the memo, LB? It's one of Tyga's Laws.

No misfortune in White Team politics that involves any of the current or former SNOW members shall go without a snide or self inflating comment from an STA member.

No misfortune in White Team politics that involves any of the current or former SNOW members shall go without a snide or self inflating comment from an STA member.

I'm sure you'll be happy to point out that comment for me then. ;)

With all the posturing and other remarks going on in this thread by STA members, it's a wonder a certain other alliance that withdrew from SNOW didn't change teams. :rolleyes:

Oh wow, Lord Boris coming in to an announcement about SNOW which is a White Team treaty and proclaiming STA is talking too much about it.

Hello, we exist on this Sphere thus it matters to us, got it? Why does it or STA comments matter to you?

Oh noes, does this mean Mr. Duncan doesn't want to play with STA in the new economic treaty?

Also, with now seeing that SNOW is dissolved it is an even finer irony to see Lord Boris try to call out STA about posturing as well as Duncan pointing any fingers at all considering the grand bandstanding that constitutes this thread. I am sure you knew SNOW was being dissolved Duncan yet you had to have your own thread announcing you leaving it?

Edited by HeinousOne

Oh noes, does this mean Mr. Duncan doesn't want to play with STA in the new economic treaty?

I believe that DK was just giving the old tiger a good-natured poke in the ribs. No biting, now.

Personally, I think that a good economic treaty should be open to any respectable alliance on that color team.

The concept that political unity should go hand in hand with color unity is relic of old thinking and a fool’s errand. It appeals to those who have a thirst of hegemonic conquest, which, as usual of that sort, is often shortsighted and detrimental to a good trading environment.

I am sure you knew SNOW was being dissolved Duncan yet you had to have your own thread announcing you leaving it?

Ah, that was a rather hasty decision on my part, and one I can assure you, did not go over well at all.

Edited by Kzoppistan

I believe that DK was just giving old tiger a good-natured poke in the ribs. No biting, now.

Personally, I think that a good economic treaty should be open to any respectable alliance on that color team.

The concept that political unity should go hand in hand with color unity is relic of old thinking and a fool’s errand. It appeals to those who have a thirst of hegemonic conquest, which, as usual of that sort, is often shortsighted and detrimental to a good trading environment.

Nice to see this viewpoint coming out of Zenith, it looks very familiar.

Not really... STA wouldn't change teams because of the politics on their sphere... after all, I believe they've been white longer than most alliances there. I for one appreciate STA sticking to their guns and not jumping at the first sight of opposition. Bravo tigers, bravo.

As for this thread, the drama left when SNOW dissolved. Makes me wonder if this was only an attention ploy by Zenith.

As for this thread, the drama left when SNOW dissolved. Makes me wonder if this was only an attention ploy by Zenith.

No this was just my itchy trigger finger. DK is in the process of having it removed with a rusty spoon for me.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Excuse me while I chuckle about this. People got along as long as they fell into the TPF sphere of influence.

Those who don't/didn't toe that company line aren't part of the group for anything.

There are a number of ex-TPF protectorates on white and som of the others are treatied to them. No doubt. It would be foolish to say there are no political differences. But people are civil and can readily work with each other and are glad to have each other on their sphere. I never heard an ill word towards Argent while you were still white and if my alliance in particular ever made you feel unwelcome while you were on white we offer our apologies.

I believe that DK was just giving the old tiger a good-natured poke in the ribs. No biting, now.

I doubt it. I'm sure you know why I think that. :P

As do I.

The concept that political unity should go hand in hand with color unity is relic of old thinking and a fool's errand. It appeals to those who have a thirst of hegemonic conquest, which, as usual of that sort, is often shortsighted and detrimental to a good trading environment.

I have been saying this for years but when I say it it is posturing and anti-white unity. :P

Perhaps, in time, the white team will come to this realisation but for now it seems most are intent on trying on the same pair of ill-fitting shoes hoping their foot has changed shape since the last time they tried them on.

I would be delighted if you would point out STA posturing here for me. What's your beef? I thought you and I had moved past our personal differences. Do you have another bee in your bonnet? We were allies not so long ago.

Yes. How silly of us to come comment about white team politics. Why should we care about our sphere, after all? I seem to recall that you spent more than a little time mucking around in our SNOW withdrawal announcement flinging out baseless nonsense. I don't know why you go out of your way to give us the finger at every opportunity, but it disappoints me. I rather like several Zenithians and I would prefer that we get along with our white-team neighbors, but you don't make it easy.