Is anyone else suffering from this malady?

deth2munkies

you clearly are not hating on GOONS, NSO, or Bel Air enough then

I never knew GOONS enough to hate them in the first place, NSO is alright, and I just ignore Bel Air.

Oh, and deth: "Patience, young one" ;)

Patience and apathy are two sides of the same coin.

Although it seems there was some drama in #mushroom last night...

Edited by deth2munkies

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOONS tried that with the Pro-Piracy Act. It caused wide-spread !@#$%*ing and raging, but no nukes. Perhaps not diabolical enough?

Apparently not, although maybe just a FAN style doctrine would be good just for the Lulz.

* see Yellow number 5

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=71137

Edited by supercoolyellow

Wait, what am I doing lately? I am not familiar with this expression, but if this an insult I will not stand for it. I am as interesting as ever, and have not in the least lost any of my charm. God forbid that ever happens.

I confess to be nicking some of it while you're not looking.

You really should put locks on your charm pantry.

Methinks the OP doth protest too much. Get involved in your alliance. That's where the fun's at. This is my first time visitng these forums in weeks. :v:

This man is wise. You should all take that to heart.

People need to stop giving out protectorates, and big alliances need to start destroying any alliance under 30 members. Death and destruction are the only solutions.

Hell ye-...wait

*checks TYR's member count*

OH GOD NO DON'T DO THAT

I've noticed it too. The run up to Karma war was fun because of the politics and the relatively high level of discourse. Now it's a bunch of small alliances I don't particularly like making pointless posts about things I don't care about and having to resort to sex jokes to do it.

It's like the Karma War took out not only the NPO, but also all intelligent and refined discourse here.

Methinks the OP doth protest too much. Get involved in your alliance. That's where the fun's at. This is my first time visitng these forums in weeks. :v:

considering your nation's age you seem to be a noob :P

after being around for two years as he has been alliances get boring and you get restless.

i've been around 1.5 years and i'm so bored of managing some small alliance sector. loved when i first joined GATO and thought working in mentoring was the most important thing in the whole world :P

I've noticed it too. The run up to Karma war was fun because of the politics and the relatively high level of discourse. Now it's a bunch of small alliances I don't particularly like making pointless posts about things I don't care about and having to resort to sex jokes to do it.

It's like the Karma War took out not only the NPO, but also all intelligent and refined discourse here.

duncan you're part of "here" so if there is no intelligent discourse you're part of it ;)

Edited by Venizelos

Nobody's doing anything new. NPO is still on the ground, half the sanctioned alliances are either neutral or sissies (see: Orange Team), electron sponge is gone, etc. The only "interesting" thing anyone can seem to come up with is attempts at necromancing the spirits of the UJP alliances. Problem is the whole act is tired and boring like the rest of the game.

Someone needs to step into the NPO's role and be effective at it, because the NPO is not in any shape to do it themselves and will not be for some time.

Nobody's doing anything new. NPO is still on the ground, half the sanctioned alliances are either neutral or sissies (see: Orange Team), electron sponge is gone, etc. The only "interesting" thing anyone can seem to come up with is attempts at necromancing the spirits of the UJP alliances. Problem is the whole act is tired and boring like the rest of the game.

Someone needs to step into the NPO's role and be effective at it, because the NPO is not in any shape to do it themselves and will not be for some time.

You know, I try and I try and I try to give friendly nudges to those all too kind folks over at Citadel but they just won't play along. Shall we move on and nudge someone else?

Alternatively, you could make your own fun?

Instead of relying on others to do so for you, it's what I'm doing slowly but surely. I got bored a couple of weeks back so I know the feeling, but I'm getting all busy with some things now.

It's all in how you have fun, don't rely on other people who you don't know to make the funny happen. It's an RP game, so, Role Play?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

You know, I try and I try and I try to give friendly nudges to those all too kind folks over at Citadel but they just won't play along. Shall we move on and nudge someone else?

I blame Citadel as well for refusing to do everything in their power to make the game interesting for everyone else. Selfish !@#$%^&* that get off with their little stupid stats.

P.S. Heinous, you have worn out your act, its not sticking like it used to. Plus, in general, its very hard to just talk someone into being an adversary. I gave it a try but it was too much effort and not enough in entertainment return.

Last week i was reduced to trying to find people i dont really care for and declare on em but all those on my list seem to be terrible at maintaining decent sized nations.

Edited by King Chill I

I think a lot of Alliances & Nations are taking time to reevaluate their internal workings. Especially those who took the biggest hit during the Karma Conflict. If you lose a war I'm sure you would want to address how and why, that you may be in a better position next time around. I''d bet there's plenty of "jockey for position" taking place diplomatically.

As for Hot War drama; You know the drill. The trend is nobody ever wants to jump first. You have to wait until you've massed a big enough bully squad to assure a win. :nuke:

You were part of the morality brigade that won the war, this is the world according to Karma. You are also C&G who invade threads a dozen or more at a time repeatedly posting u mad and doing their best to destroy it, why would people bother posting anything when thats what awaits them. You want to change things, start in your own house.

Yeah man, we really destroyed every thread to ever hit these boards in the last month. It was awesome, no one was even allowed to post without us quote pyramiding the !@#$ out of them. Oh wait... that didn't happen... my bad. I keep mixing up reality and your exaggerated, misinformed dream world these days.

On Topic: Yeah, thats why I stopped writing Trashcat's Corner. Nothing going on whatsoever. Even the RAD - NSO situation was so boring that I refrained from posting on it.

This is a nation-building/alliance building period; we just finished the largest war in history and the ancien regime is licking its wounds.

If you look closely, you'll see subtle activities by tptb (the powers that be) that clearly illustrate that they aren't quite sure what to make of this new world yet; others are quietly gathering smaller alliances under their wings for the security of new blocs.

I think that its an exciting time, to be honest; no one knows what is going to happen next.

I don't agree that the "moral" crusade has hindered anything; some folks received their just desserts and some new faces and dimensions to the treaty web are around the corner.

In other words, don't read too much into this; folks are trying to stay quiet for a reason so stay tuned..

There's actually been quite a lot recently – Vanguard leaving OUT, ODN's cancellations, GOONS's raiding doctrine, as well as the Zhadum stuff that just appeared. Maybe the malaise is yours, not the game's?

Yeah, a new evil overlord would be an 'easy mode', but there's plenty of fun around at the moment anyway.

Yeah man, we really destroyed every thread to ever hit these boards in the last month. It was awesome, no one was even allowed to post without us quote pyramiding the !@#$ out of them. Oh wait... that didn't happen... my bad. I keep mixing up reality and your exaggerated, misinformed dream world these days.

On Topic: Yeah, thats why I stopped writing Trashcat's Corner. Nothing going on whatsoever. Even the RAD - NSO situation was so boring that I refrained from posting on it.

Thanks for putting me straight about my dream world King of Purple. Im sure propaganda corner will return as it becomes clearer you (not you personally) are the new evil empire and you need to spin lies into truth and fantasy into your perception of reality.

Thanks for putting me straight about my dream world King of Purple. Im sure propaganda corner will return as it becomes clearer you (not you personally) are the new evil empire and you need to spin lies into truth and fantasy into your perception of reality.

C&G does have the power to take over the world at any turn. Better watch out Citadel. Also its always fun to hear you rag on the Corner when I probably still have PMs of you asking me to write about stuff, not to mention your thread begging me to return to the world stage by leaving "Karma's Closet" or whatever you called it. You just need to make up your mind on myself and my work once and for all, I think it would be good for everyone.

There's actually been quite a lot recently – Vanguard leaving OUT, ODN's cancellations, GOONS's raiding doctrine, as well as the Zhadum stuff that just appeared. Maybe the malaise is yours, not the game's?

Really? I mean Vanguard leaving OUT was seen coming for a while, ODN's cancellations were pretty cool, GOONS's raiding thing was people jumping on the slightest drop of water in a dessert of bore rather than something huge to talk about, and the Zha stuff just appeared so its kind of still sinking in (basically I'll give you that last one :P).