Is anyone else suffering from this malady?

deth2munkies

For the last few weeks, I've checked these forums almost daily. I've checked my nation...every so often. I've checked my alliance forums daily. I've made about 3 posts...in weeks.

There just seems to be nothing worth posting about these days. It's all the same old tired arguments which both sides have worn to the point of being worthless to talk about. Micro-alliances filled with virtual unknowns that either have yet to make a mark on the game or fade into obscurity. Treaty announcements that are all-in-all expected and mundane. None of these are really worth talking about in-depth to any sort of degree.

It seem the only talking point here is about the lack of talking points, which I quite frankly find disturbing. I've been here for a while now, just under 2 years, but I've never really seen it get this dead. Even RV seems to be phoning it in lately. So what is it? School? Work? General boredom? I'm honestly finding it hard to care about much of anything around here lately, is anyone else feeling the same way or am I just a bitter old man shaking his cane at the new kids on his lawn and reminiscing about the good old days?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CN has become tainted by the morality brigade. Anything interesting like a war is now immoral, and starting one will get you shouted at from all over the place, so nobody does it now. I predict it will be this dead for a long time until finally the next global war, unless everyone takes their morals and sits on them.

1. Their be no evilz empire to fight against

2. This topic has been covered by several people already was their really a need.

It's not so much the lack of an "evil empire" so much as the lack of "anything interesting". There's nobody even talking about doing something interesting. There were plenty of topics about random things that were at least interesting to discuss between other downtimes, there's nothing much now. The thing I have noticed is an explosion of micro-alliances since the last war, and I think it's beginning to dilute the troublemakers and charismatic people from larger alliances into smaller, micro alliances with really no future in the grand scheme of things. So you have spats between 20-30 member alliances, but nothing but silence from the top 20.

It's not so much the lack of an "evil empire" so much as the lack of "anything interesting". There's nobody even talking about doing something interesting. There were plenty of topics about random things that were at least interesting to discuss between other downtimes, there's nothing much now. The thing I have noticed is an explosion of micro-alliances since the last war, and I think it's beginning to dilute the troublemakers and charismatic people from larger alliances into smaller, micro alliances with really no future in the grand scheme of things. So you have spats between 20-30 member alliances, but nothing but silence from the top 20.

you clearly are not hating on GOONS, NSO, or Bel Air enough then

CN has become tainted by the morality brigade. Anything interesting like a war is now immoral, and starting one will get you shouted at from all over the place, so nobody does it now. I predict it will be this dead for a long time until finally the next global war, unless everyone takes their morals and sits on them.

You were part of the morality brigade that won the war, this is the world according to Karma. You are also C&G who invade threads a dozen or more at a time repeatedly posting u mad and doing their best to destroy it, why would people bother posting anything when thats what awaits them. You want to change things, start in your own house.

Edited by Alterego

There was plenty of boredom before the "morality brigade", this always happens after a major war. Don't blame your inaction on some kind of perceived moral police force keeping you down.

There is too much "Private channels for the win". Seriously.

Things happen, that is a given ... but the world at large doesn't know about them.

Why keep so much private? This is a serious question.

(Do I need to do an OOC tag here?) This is a text-based political simulation. The text really needs to be accessible. Here is a good example: Interesting

Edit: When an interesting topic does come up the OP is inundated with a barrage of "Private Channels FTW". Rulers begin thinking "why bother".

Edited by Peggy_Sue

I think there are a few solutions.

1) Some one who is government in a major alliance, that is a member of a major bloc, should commit lueicide

2) Some rolls pink

3) Some one should create a super secret organization of large nations that either...

aaaaaa. Spais on people and then gets caught

bbbbbb. all at the same time goes rogue nuke on the governments of a large alliance

4) Declare October 1rst the new April Fools day, and watch how many alliances make fake announcements that involve an interrupting Kanye

5) An alliance posts a truly diabolical doctrine. Such as every nation in brown is to have an AA, or get destroyed.

Edited by supercoolyellow

There was plenty of boredom before the "morality brigade", this always happens after a major war.

Maybe, but it certainly doesn't help.

5) An alliance posts a truly diabolical doctrine.

GOONS tried that with the Pro-Piracy Act. It caused wide-spread !@#$%*ing and raging, but no nukes. Perhaps not diabolical enough?

I think the big bleh is that this is really the first fall in a few years when there isn't some scandal or something to hate on.

Two years ago, it was the Unjust War, and that was the entirety of the fall (pre-war, during the war, and the implications of post-war). Last year it was the War of the Coalition, which had a long run-up-to, and a long post-war because of those implications.

This year, however, fall is just... normal. The early-summer war that was always have was large enough that it's fatigued everyone too much. This "morality brigade," which I don't really follow as much, probably doesn't help the situation. The lack of the usual enemies for the first time in years (really any of the evil axis-powers of the Initiative, and later the numerous Coalitions) has left a vacuum that no one has stepped up into just yet.

But it'll pick up. The best thing about these vacuums is they don't stay open for long... and when multiple people try to take said position, that's when the excitement will pick up again.

Oh, and deth: "Patience, young one" ;)