Golan 1st

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to make sure...

This is an MDoAP right?

Exactly. The treaty says that in English simple enough even for me.

IRON, while not the biggest alliance, can still contribute to our mutual defence. As for DAWN, we know IRON. They are a serious and responsible bunch of good people and a promising alliance. We will gladly fight for their defence.

As for the oA part. Both alliances are not the bully adventurer type. If one of us suddenly decides out of the blue to unjustifiably attack somebody (and if you know the people of DAWN and IRON, you should know how unlikely this scenario is), we don't expect the IRON to back us. But anybody who will provoke an attack from our side, has to know that he'll buy two enemies for the price of one.

Exactly. The treaty says that in English simple enough even for me.

IRON, while not the biggest alliance, can still contribute to our mutual defence. As for DAWN, we know IRON. They are a serious and responsible bunch of good people and a promising alliance. We will gladly fight for their defence.

As for the oA part. Both alliances are not the bully adventurer type. If one of us suddenly decides out of the blue to unjustifiably attack somebody (and if you know the people of DAWN and IRON, you should know how unlikely this scenario is), we don't expect the IRON to back us. But anybody who will provoke an attack from our side, has to know that he'll buy two enemies for the price of one.

I'm sure that people who want to attack IRON, will think again, cause DAWN is such a mighty ally. :v:

Congrats guys, but one thing confused me.

So IRON and DAWN can't negotiate seperate peace treaties...except when the other permits it? Am I reading that right?

Baically, what shilo wrote.

A commitment you can avoid when it's inconvenient is hollow and meaningless. Therefore, we commit to stick together in good and bad. This is what the part you quoted is meant to say.

We are, however, experienced enough to never say never. We recognize that there are times when a friend cannot help you anymore and his sacrifice for you serves no purpose but his own destruction. We don't want that to happen, so we reserved ourselves the right to release the other signatory from their commitments in the defence clause of this treaty.

I strongly recommend everybody to not count on us using this right.

Edited by Golan 1st

I'm sure that people who want to attack IRON, will think again, cause DAWN is such a mighty ally. :v:

You never know what the little rock can do :P

I'd say IRON considers us good allies, good enough to sign a mutual treaty with us and not pet us on the head and wish us happy childhood, eh? Or they might know something you don't...

Also, thank you Pingu for the cake, you coming out of that modernized cave of yours (since you're Ombud, I assume they gave you a direct phone line with the Senate, at least) just to congratulate us is an honour. Same goes for TheEric (sorry, can't get used to your new name), cheers! Hope you're planning to stay active.

And boo you too, Twizzler. :wub:

DAWN your awesome as is this treaty, nuff said.

We'll feel safer knowing that they have a pair and will keep to there word, which is more than can be said for some/most.