Information/FAQ/Questions National RP

verum vox vocis

Welcome, and a brief summary of this section of the forums

First of all, welcome to the Open National forum. I'll be your tour guide. B)

You'll see, upon first arriving here, two subforums, labelled Game-related RP (IC) and Fantasy RP (IC), respectively.

The first should be self-explanatory, but in case it is not, here's a brief summary. Anything that happens to you in the game itself, whether the Standard Edition or the Tournament edition, can be RP'ed here. This goes for anything--spy attacks, trades (and sanctions), the global radiation level, wars, and even individual events within the wars, if you so desire. Anything that happens in-game is acceptable to RP out more fully here.

The Fantasy RP, however, is a little more ambiguous. While the things that are RP'd in the Game-related RP (IC) can still be RP'ed here, also permitted in the Fantasy section are RP's that have little to no connection with ingame events. You can RP Science-fiction, Fantasy, or other things having nothing to do with the game itself. By far the biggest Role-Playing universe is termed, simply, Cybernations Role-Play (CNRP).

Both of these forums are IC. OOC should be avoided unless necessary, and if it becomes necessary...that is what the Open World Forum itself is for.

----------------

FAQ's

Q: What is CNRP?

A: Cybernations Role-play. It is a role-play that is losely based upon certain ingame statistics, but is otherwise uninvolved with the game. Ingame alliances, feuds, wars, disagreements, etc, generally do not exist here.

Q: Do I have to RP in CNRP to Rp in the Fantasy forum?

A: No. And do not be put off by those who post in your threads saying various things like, "are you on the map?" or "No way is possible." These are simply CNRP'ers wondering if you are joining CNRP.

Q: In CNRP do I have to have my nation on the map RP?

A: Not necessarily. CNRP includes not only role-playing between nations, but role-playing on a small scale, or even with individual characters. A number of players have RP'd without bothering establishing a nation on the map.

Q: I have an RP thread that hasn't been active in about a month. Am I allowed to finish it?

A: Yes. Gravedigging has a looser interpretation in these three forums. While the rest of the forums only allow seven days before it is called gravedigging and you get warned, here, you are allowed greeter leeway--as long as the thread isn't three months old, or on something like the 25th page, feel free to finish it. The only thing not allowed in this case, however, is a one or two word post (in other words, contentless) whose sole purpose is to bump the topic.

----------------

This list is not complete. Feel free to ask questions about the forums here, and I and my fellow Mods will do my best to answer them. Do not be shy.

Also, other RP'ers can feel free to answer questions, as long as the answers remain respectful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: If one had a role play thread that they stopped roleplaying in, say, a month or even three weeks prior to present day, would they be allowed to 'grave dig' that thread to resume roleplaying in it (without fear of mods closing the thread and/or warning the player)?

Reason for edit: Changed Q. into Q:

Edited by JerreyRough

Q: If one had a role play thread that they stopped roleplaying in, say, a month or even three weeks prior to present day, would they be allowed to 'grave dig' that thread to resume roleplaying in it (without fear of mods closing the thread and/or warning the player)?

I've done that more than once; The thing that should not be tolerated is a simple "bump", without any content.

The Earth Roleplay thread pinned in the IC subforum gives off the wrong idea. A better thing to do would to have it labeled "Earth RP Map Thread and Rules" and the other map thread "CNRP Map Thread and Rules", that way no thread title or amount of posts gives a wrong idea to new players.

I've done that more than once; The thing that should not be tolerated is a simple "bump", without any content.

Lynneth is correct. While in the majority of the forums, gravedigging is defined as posting in a topic that hasn't been active for 7 days or more, you are allowed more leeway here in these three forums.

The Earth Roleplay thread pinned in the IC subforum gives off the wrong idea. A better thing to do would to have it labeled "Earth RP Map Thread and Rules" and the other map thread "CNRP Map Thread and Rules", that way no thread title or amount of posts gives a wrong idea to new players.

Good suggestion. i'll take care of it.

• 1 month later...

I am new to CNRP and i was wondering about a few things:

1) Is it a requirement to have and IG nation on CN to participate in CNRP?

2) If not, when setting up my nation's factbook and such, at what time period do i set myself in? (Ex. Will my military comprise of Archers and Swordsman or can i put MBTs and Machineguns in there?)

I am new to CNRP and i was wondering about a few things:

1) Is it a requirement to have and IG nation on CN to participate in CNRP?

2) If not, when setting up my nation's factbook and such, at what time period do i set myself in? (Ex. Will my military comprise of Archers and Swordsman or can i put MBTs and Machineguns in there?)

1: It should be, since you're on the CN Forums. :P

2: CNRP is set in the modern world.

Alright. I made Kriegland a nation a couple days ago and was just checking.

does the things for infastructure, military, population, etc., have to conform to the stats on my IG nation? Or is a completely (sorta) seperate thing where i can name out that stuff but within reasonable boundries?

Population is your IG number time 100. Soldiers are your max IG number times 10. Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask here or shoot me a PM.

Although people tend to be a little more forgiving if you fudge on the population...just remember that civilians have absolutely no effect on wars with other nations unless all participants agree that somehow they do.

Planes are what you have IG, until you get to be a more modern nation (I believe it's 500 tech), then you can have each represent a squadron.

Navy is what you have IG.

Thanks. i hate to be the annoying noob asking all the questions. and for infastructure and tech it goes with IG standards too?

Correct.

And no problem. I'm sure this is exactly why the Mods created this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy do- I'm a new player, just started a week ago. However, I'm an experienced roleplayer, and I am wiggling in my shoes waiting to roleplay with nations.

But I have some concerns...

I'd like to start roleplaying immediately, but I dont know if I'm allowed to represent myself as a sovereign nation. I know on the global map (created by players) there are country boundaries, and you cant just waltz in and try and get some claim. For example, I am in Saudi Arabia, and the country of Novak has the biggest claim of the area. Am I a protectorate (and what does this entail?), a cultural group, a state, or what? Of course I'd like to roleplay as a sovereign nation, but as always in RP, "Role with the Punches."

In trying to be a controversial nation (Based in Middle East, modeled after Cuba), it'd be nice to know my boundaries. Playing an antagonist is entirely different than being one, and in my attempt to not offend anyone, I'd appreciate learning how to roleplay within the bounds here at CNRP.

My question summed up: Is my nation IG a sovereign nation, a protectorate, cultural group, or a state?

Howdy do- I'm a new player, just started a week ago. However, I'm an experienced roleplayer, and I am wiggling in my shoes waiting to roleplay with nations.

I'd like to start roleplaying immediately, but I dont know if I'm allowed to represent myself as a sovereign nation. I know on the global map (created by players) there are country boundaries, and you cant just waltz in and try and get some claim. For example, I am in Saudi Arabia, and the country of Novak has the biggest claim of the area. Am I a protectorate (and what does this entail?), a cultural group, a state, or what? Of course I'd like to roleplay as a sovereign nation, but as always in RP, "Role with the Punches."

In trying to be a controversial nation (Based in Middle East, modeled after Cuba), it'd be nice to know my boundaries. Playing an antagonist is entirely different than being one, and in my attempt to not offend anyone, I'd appreciate learning how to roleplay within the bounds here at CNRP.

My question summed up: Is my nation IG a sovereign nation, a protectorate, cultural group, or a state?

CNRP is a community RP, basically you can join the community by asking for land from the owners, then waiting for their confirmation/denial, or claiming unclaimed white space (which none exists at the moment), or requesting protectorate (grey) land from the owners (which usually results in acceptance, but still ask and wait for a reply). Once you get a spot then your RP is open to community interaction, but don't try to find loop holes in the guidelines of it. A sure fire way to alienate the entire CNRP community against you is trying to break the CNRP community.

Regular roleplay is just that. You just write your own stuff, and its on its own. That's often Game Related RP, but some fantasy RP happens. Don't worry if you don't join CNRP and some confused CNRPers think you're really RPing in CNRP if you're not trying to.

In any case you can RP your nation as sovereign, protectorate, cultural, state, etc, and just for CNRP you need permission to RP in someone else's land. Outside of CNRP it doesn't matter. You could be the space leeches from planet 50alpha taking over the planet outside of CNRP. :v:

Edited by Tahsir Re

Tip from a guy that didn't know how protectorates worked: Any gray land with the words "<nation name> Protectorate" can be lcaimed by you ,you'll just need permission from whoever owns the land first.

Also, if you want a large landmass, start small. If there's a huge protectorate like Viniland's, provide a map with the area you want, otherwise something might get lost.

Also, DON'T try to be the antagonist. It never works for anyone. If you feel you're up to it, try it and let me know how it works out. :) But do expect to get rolled quickly and very fast if you attempt to go Afghanistan on someone.

For purposes of CNRP, your IG nation does not even, necessarily, exist. While character RP's don't require much, to RP as a larger recognized, sovereign entity, you have to first either claim white land, or talk to the person who owns the land you want, and work it out with them. many people are willing to give up portions of their land to a new player, to encourage new nations to form.

Others will require you to go through less independed phase, such as a protectorate or simply semi-autonomous zone.

Some won't give an inch.

But you won't know until you actually PM them. You don't get to RP anything at ALL in someone else's territory without their permission first. In this case, the person you need to talk to is Voodo Nova.

As for how your IG nation relates to here...it can be RP'd as any of the above, once you have the go-ahead. It's your choice, within the restrictions set up by whoever gave you the permission.

Since Novak owns Saudi Arabia, no, you cannot RP in our universe in Saudi Arabia without Novak's prior permission. Of course, if you wish to be based in the Middle East you can simply ask for a piece of land there and see if someone gives it up. More likely than not you'll find a friendly soul somewhere willing to give up land, it just might not be where you want it.

Finally, being an antagonist is dangerous territory here. You'll probably die fast.

Thanks! In what forum should I be posting my desire to... well, "be"?

As for being an antagonist. I dont mean to assault people at random, nor do I mean to cross limits. Cuba is a small island nation that just pisses people off. The missile crisis being the biggest. They picked their allies a bit unconventionally, but it was -need- that compelled them.

I guess antagonist wasnt the right word. "Cockroach" might be better.

Anyways, thanks for answering these questions. It'll be fun to finally get a stake in World Roleplay!

Even then, most people can and will squish "cockroaches" the second they get the chance. There's a LOT of big nations in CNRP, and not a whole lot of small ones, in terms of NS. (I'm the latter as my growth was stunted)

But, again, try whatever you want and see how it works out, and welcome to CNRP!

Thanks! In what forum should I be posting my desire to... well, "be"?

As for being an antagonist. I dont mean to assault people at random, nor do I mean to cross limits. Cuba is a small island nation that just pisses people off. The missile crisis being the biggest. They picked their allies a bit unconventionally, but it was -need- that compelled them.

I guess antagonist wasnt the right word. "Cockroach" might be better.

Anyways, thanks for answering these questions. It'll be fun to finally get a stake in World Roleplay!

If you need to post to ask for permission, go ahead and post in the map thread in the Fantasy Subforum. However, that's no guarantee that the owner will see your request. A Private Message (PM) is more likely to get his attention.

If you need to post to ask for permission, go ahead and post in the map thread in the Fantasy Subforum. However, that's no guarantee that the owner will see your request. A Private Message (PM) is more likely to get his attention.

I'll try both. I've tried PMing, and havent had any luck yet, but there can be a multitude of reasons for that. I'll go ahead and post some stuff up.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...