No Taxes in Islamic Law: How do I do This?

flowingfire

I'm attempting to model my nation on the most strict sects of Islam and Islamic law. This requires my nation, Whackostan, not to have any taxes. Unfortunately, in this game, such a thing is not an option.

Is it possible to model national funding on something other than taxes for the purposes of implementing tax-free fundamentalist Islamic law?

My citizens demand it! Whackostan's constituency wants to overthrow me for having any taxes at all-- 10%? Yuck. No taxes for the faithful!!!

Death to taxes! Death to taxes! Get rid of the exploitation!

Sincerely,

-Whackostan

Everything in the game is built on taxes. If you got rid of them (which is not possible), your nation wouldn't be able to grow at all unless it gets money from others.

The best tax level in the game for most nations is 28% (the highest).

Edited by Duncan King

This game is not a true representation of real life. Therefore, tax collections provide the main form of income. If a nation is aided nonstop with $3,000,000 per slot, then this can be countered.

LOL. Okay, thanks everyone. I guess my nation needs taxes to grow in this setup.

Thanks for all the creative suggestions, too. :)

The citizens of Whackostan won't be happy about it, but as long as I keep the tax rate at its very lowest, I'm sure they'll understand.

-The proud, humble people of Whackostan

LOL. Okay, thanks everyone. I guess my nation needs taxes to grow in this setup.

Thanks for all the creative suggestions, too. :)

The citizens of Whackostan won't be happy about it, but as long as I keep the tax rate at its very lowest, I'm sure they'll understand.

-The proud, humble people of Whackostan

On the bright side with the tax rate that low you will grow very, very slowly and thus not have very many unhappy people. :lol:

I'm attempting to model my nation on the most strict sects of Islam and Islamic law. This requires my nation, Whackostan, not to have any taxes.

Taxes are permitted under Islamic Law, charging or earning interest is not. You may collect taxes but you will need to be sure that you log in each day and collect them, otherwise you will earn interest, that is forbidden.

Everything in the game is built on taxes. If you got rid of them (which is not possible), your nation wouldn't be able to grow at all unless it gets money from others.

The best tax level in the game for most nations is 28% (the highest).

30%, actually.

Taxes are permitted under Islamic Law, charging or earning interest is not. You may collect taxes but you will need to be sure that you log in each day and collect them, otherwise you will earn interest, that is forbidden.

He, he.. right back at you :) not easy heh?