Return of the Reich

Otto Verteidiger

Following the loss of its unstable Mexican territories, Amerikanisches Reich entered a period of civil peace and stability, or so it seemed to the outside observer, but then again, no one seemed to look closely, nor could they even if they really wanted to. Amerikanisches Reich was an isolationist nation and largely guarded itself against foreign influences, so news escaping about its internal government workings was rare, if they happened at all. The period of peace was broken when a close assistant to the Verteidiger Imperial Family warned Otto of a possible coup and assassination attempt from people within the central government circle itself. Trusting the assistant and fearful for his life and what it would do the country, when the Imperial Family was on a semi-regular trip to Tahoe, the Imperial Family never returned, staying in a part of lower Baja, a former Reich territory. A week after the date the family was suppose to return on, the Defense Minister found and read a letter that Otto wrote before their departure on State Television, "I cannot effectively lead my nation when I fear ones within my own circle, who I used to trust more than anybody, might have a horrible plan for me and my family, and as a result, the nation. I will try to cleanse the filth from foreign. I will return to you, my people, my Fatherland, sometime soon I hope." The nation did not suffer greatly at that exact moment, they were without their leader, surely that was horrible, but his words would become true, like they always do. Two weeks after the Verteidiger family's absence, the certain individuals in the central government that did not share the same vision for the Reich that Otto had and were the traitors revealed themselves. The Minister of Defense and Enlightenment (Propaganda) were killed in their homes by the Amerikanisches Heer under the orders of the Minister of Internal Affairs. The Minister of Education fled west to Tahoe before he could be killed and rendezvoused with the Verteidiger family when he was informed of where they were. He shared the grave news of the coup and the state of the government within the Reich with the Verteidiger family. The other members that were not killed within the inner circle formed a new government, a triumvirate, all unknown and unannounced to the Amerikanisches Volk. They found lookalikes for the old ministers, they edited audio and played them on TV and radio to make it seem as if they were still getting communication from the Kaiser from the outside.

However clever they were, this new triumvirate did not last long at all. "Ones who put their greed ahead of the goal and destiny of the Reich will get what they deserve in time," Karl Verteidiger said to Otto, his son, when he first heard of the triumvirate. Surely enough, wise Karl was right, and only a few, precarious months after the new government formed, a member of the triumvirate 'mysterious' disappeared. The two remaining men fought violently for power until one of them fled for some South American country, fearing for life. Before his airplane could escape Reich airspace, it was shot down. The last man ruled for one week, but sadly fate, and more importantly, the military, was not on his side. His rule was ineffective and the military started to suspect something was afoot. A “rogue” commander of the Amerikanisches Special Forces had a unit dispatched to the man’s home, they said there was a threat on his life and that they needed to protect him. He agreed to let them into his home and as quickly as he did, the unit drugged his kids so they would sleep and then took the wife and man outside and assassinated them. It is unknown who the commander was, but a note was left on the body of the man with the popular Verteidiger phrase "Freiheit für der Reich!" Without central leadership but without knowledge that they lacked a central leadership at first, the country gradually started to turn into a peaceful anarchist state with a huge power vacuum, but even when it was learned that the central leadership was no more, no one dared to claim power. A man by the name of Lord von Amsberg started to accumulate power and influence, but he did not abuse this power, and he was a faithful man to the Imperial Family. The Imperial Family, still fearful that their could-be killers and now because time has passed, possible followers, could still be in the Reich's territories and could be in good numbers, the Family consented Tahoe intervention and ruling of the land. When Tahoe entered, they found Lord von Amsberg as the man with the most power in the Reich and asked him, along with other men, what the situation was. After asking the men and having occupied the lands for a bit, Tahoe officials then deemed it as safe as it would ever be for the political family. The Verteidiger family did not act on this information exactly when they got it, but waited a little longer…

Now that time has been allowed to pass, Otto is sure that the greedy assassins and corrupt leaders within the higher former government are gone. Now it is the time for return, with a foreign government claiming ruler of its former territories, it is time for Amerikanisches Reich to come back to its people. Amerikanisches Reich hereby claims the former Greater Reich (Texas) and calls for the foreign government (the Commonwealth of Texas) to fold or face military consequences from our allies in Tahoe.

OOC:Get off my lawn, damn beatniks! Also the title sounds like Star Wars kinda... also hi.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Imperial Union offers full support for the Amerikanisches Reich and urges the illegal alien government to leave.

**Classified**

Defcon 1 has been declared and all departments within the nation are changing to War Mode.

We thank the Imperial Union for their support.

"We support no one in this conflict."

-HRH King James I

*Private*

James looked to his secretary. "Get some news crews to America, our news channels need to get something more interesting."

Neutrality is wiser than opposition, for sure.

"The people were not given the choice of Amerikanisches Reich, so you cannot say they do not want it. Carthage fully supports this movement - freedom is key to democracy."

"Then the Amerikanisches Reich should allow the people of Texas to choose which one government they desire, currently the Amerikanisches Reich is threating the established government of Texas".

"Then the Amerikanisches Reich should allow the people of Texas to choose which one government they desire, currently the Amerikanisches Reich is threating the established government of Texas".

"Hey, shuddup, my news station's ratings are in the dumps cause of a lack of action. If there's a war, I get good ratings!"

-Alexandr Christian, CEO of News Channel 8, Caucasian State News

"Texas currently isn't even led by a native American it shows several signs of Foreign Imperialism we cannot stand for this while the Verteidiger line who has been at the leadership while we didn't even exist yet is a stable and professional replacement."

"Texas currently isn't even led by a native American it shows several signs of Foreign Imperialism we cannot stand for this while the Verteidiger line who has been at the leadership while we didn't even exist yet is a stable and professional replacement."

"So you believe you know better in what the people of Texas want than the Texas people themselves want?"

The Republic of Finland condemns this. "You are demanding the removal of a democratically elected government. That is unacceptable."

OOC:

You left, you were removed because you were inactive here but active elsewhere on the forums, you have no right to the land.

OOC: He isn't claiming he has a right on if he did he would have just said he controlled however the actions he's taking making ultimatums and recognizing the government are legitimate rp actions.

"And so you support a regime that would force itself on the Texan people and not give them the choice of choosing which government to follow".

Texan people is such an ugly term. Never had the term Texas become so popular until now... Texas was always the Reich. People within the Reich were called Amerikaner. And Amerikaners support their Kaiser and their heritage, their German heritage. They do not wish to be ruled by foreigners. The Kaiser and his family were never unpopular within the country. Even when the Reich was Republic of War and a war was dragging on with Procinctia, the people supported their Supreme Leader enthusiastically. To claim that they wouldn't now would be foolish.

The Republic of Finland condemns this. "You are demanding the removal of a democratically elected government. That is unacceptable."

OOC:

You left, you were removed because you were inactive here but active elsewhere on the forums, you have no right to the land.

We find it quite the opposite, really.

OOC: I wrote something but Centurius covered what I was going to say.

The Federation of Pravus Ingruo welcomes the return of the Reich to their homeland, and call for the removal of the current government. In compensation, we offer the current government land in the Federation's protectorate.

OOC:

OOC:

He knows that. He can ICly contest it, just like Sargun did with his new land.

OOC:

"HEY! SHUT IT! I already have news crews on the way to Texas, and we have to pay for expenses. You know how much jet fuel costs for a flight from Tbilisi to Austin?"

-Alexandr Christian

The Federation of Pravus Ingruo welcomes the return of the Reich to their homeland, and call for the removal of the current government. In compensation, we offer the current government land in the Federation's protectorate.

OOC:

He knows that. He can ICly contest it, just like Sargun did with his new land.

OOC: Apart from Sargun Rp'd a rebellion and support from a unclaimed zone whereas, here it is Otto's government vs King Chris and his people.

IC: No this land does not belong to the Reich any longer, their time has been and gone they must look elsewhere for land now.