Pro-Piracy Act of 2009

salithus

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead, help me make my point. What did the rhetoric sound like back then?

How does one describe a shrill, whiny voice? I am not a music major, I cannot identify the actual note achieved, yet I recognize the same irritation.

What is proper raiding? That is merely a point of view and a way of thinking held by a select group. What you may view as "proper raiding" others may view as pansy-waist play time. Not saying they do, that I'm one of them, or that you my friend are a pansy-waist....just saying it could happen.

EDIT: Just realized you are AUT...yeah I was saying that. Exactly that.

Wait, I'm a pansy-waist? The same pansy-wait that went to EZI for defending Polaris and got named MVP of the last war by Stumpy in one of his trashcat articles for fighting like an overly loyal mofo?

Alright then. <_<

Edited by The AUT

How does one describe a shrill, whiny voice? I am not a music major, I cannot identify the actual note achieved, yet I recognize the same irritation.

I think I'll help you out here.

You're enacting the same type of policies that made you infamous. You're hearing the same complaints that you heard in 2007. So, what exactly do you think is going to be different this time? Being ignorant of history is common enough, and I guess it's forgivable, but reliving something that lead to your destruction in the first place in extremely unwise. Still, step up to the plate a second time if you feel ready for it.

You're half right.

The fall wasn't caused by raid-friendly policies, but by arrogance. You've been missing the point.

Arrogance? That's rich. Arrogance flows like wine here, rightly or not, I doubt any single alliance could claim a monopoly on it. The fall had little to do with arrogance, I can tell you that much.

I had such a good reply to this and I totally lost it* and now it's past freshness.

At any rate, lamuella and maybe a couple others have from the formation of your alliance been touting the "we're not the old GOONS" line and from the same time salithus and a few others have been defecating all over that. I know it was promised during numerous diplomatic overtures made by your alliance that this wasn't "the same crowd". Now you guys are saying the exact opposite and claiming those things were never said.

Tech-raiding is a reality that I abhor and will always campaign against. Aiding those aggressors who bite off more than they can chew just so you can poke fun at another alliance is deplorable; I don't know whether you intend to actually turn these words to action, but I sincerely hope not. If this is indeed the path (in b4 stale unjust path joke) you intend to follow then, as I said, so be it.

*OOC: )): unreliable wireless networks

There's an awfully long way between us not being the old GOONS alliance and us not being goons in CN.

"We're not the old GOONS" doesn't mean we're sitting in peacemode playing with kittens. It doesn't mean that we vow to hold as automatically unclean any action that the previous GOONS alliance had performed (Collecting taxes? Paying bills? THE OLD GOONS DID THAT!).

I know full well the chaos that infected the game during and before the unjust war. I know full well the line that was crossed, and that's not a line we are within a light year of.

If you can't see the difference between activities like that and a thread like this, then you need to get your perspective checked.

Wait, I'm a pansy-waist? The same pansy-wait that went to EZI for defending Polaris and got named MVP of the last war by Stumpy in one of his trashcat articles for fighting like an overly loyal mofo?

Alright then. <_<

Yeah you don't really qualify but I wrote it...then realized it was you and remembered how much I really didn't like you...so said hurtful things. I'm sorry hunny, it wasn't true! /me hugs The AUT

I think I'll help you out here.

Thanks for the help. No need for a sleep aid tonight, it seems.

We don't answer to moralists. Perhaps we forgot to mention that? No, I'm pretty sure we made that quite abundantly clear. We're still kicking ourselves for forgetting to post the 'No Chihuahuas' sign at the beginning of this thread.

Yeah you don't really qualify but I wrote it...then realized it was you and remembered how much I really didn't like you...so said hurtful things. I'm sorry hunny, it wasn't true! /me hugs The AUT

A lot don't like me but they don't really question my loyalty or willingness to defend my friends...

But ok let's hug. :P

Thanks for the help. No need for a sleep aid tonight, it seems.

We don't answer to moralists. Perhaps we forgot to mention that? No, I'm pretty sure we made that quite abundantly clear. We're still kicking ourselves for forgetting to post the 'No Chihuahuas' sign at the beginning of this thread.

You're going to be answering to someone if this is the path you're taking. I guarantee that.

You're going to be answering to someone if this is the path you're taking. I guarantee that.

the thing is, no matter what we do in this game, one of two things will happen.

Scenario 1:

GOONS: "hey, here's a new thing our alliance is doing"

Random OWF person: SCREW YOU FAKE GOONS!!!!

Scenario 2:

GOONS: "hey, here's a new thing our alliance is doing"

Random OWF person: OH MY GOD YOU'RE NOTHING BUT THE OLD GOONS AND WILL MAKE ALL THE SAME MISTAKES THEY DID!

THis is of course leaving aside scenario one and a half where both of these things happen simultaneously.

Are you threatening us? ^_^

Don't worry, I doubt that my yippy band of chihuahuas will be able to threaten you in any way. Still, have fun doing it all over again, and you'll receive the same result, all over again. That's a Vilien guaranteeâ„¢.

the thing is, no matter what we do in this game, one of two things will happen.

You guys really can't catch a break, can you? Ugh, I just can't believe people would react to such an intentionally inflammatory doctrine this way.

Edited by Vilien

Don't worry, I doubt that my yippy band of chihuahuas will be able to threaten you in any way. Still, have fun doing it all over again, and you'll receive the same result, all over again. That's a Vilien guaranteeâ„¢.

I've noticed you're in an 'alliance' of 7 members. Who are you hiding behind? :rolleyes:

I've noticed you're in an 'alliance' of 7 members. Who are you hiding behind? :rolleyes:

I usually hide behind my walls of text, they're a suitable back-up for infrastructure when you keep losing it in wars. Still, I'm sure your attempts at being condescending will be able to measure up to mine if you keep trying hard enough.

I usually hide behind my walls of text, they're a suitable back-up for infrastructure when you keep losing it in wars. Still, I'm sure your attempts at being condescending will be able to measure up to mine if you keep trying hard enough.

Are you saying your 'alliance' is not the protectorate of a larger nation? I think perhaps you should probably answer me.

You guys really can't catch a break, can you? Ugh, I just can't believe people would react to such an intentionally inflammatory doctrine this way.

people can react however they want, but to extrapolate the entire Rise And Fall Of The Second Goonish Empire from an announcement that will most likely have no impact whatsoever on most people's lives is a little, how shall I put this, silly?

Are you saying your 'alliance' is not the protectorate of a larger nation? I think perhaps you should probably answer me.

We existed without signing a treaty for three months, during which we defeated a much larger alliance in a war. Nowadays we have an ODP with TORN, thanks to the semi-pity of a friend of mine. That would give us more legitimate treaties than your own alliance, which is a protectorate at the moment. Have I demonstrated the necessary political might to speak my mind to you yet?

people can react however they want, but to extrapolate the entire Rise And Fall Of The Second Goonish Empire from an announcement that will most likely have no impact whatsoever on most people's lives is a little, how shall I put this, silly?

I wish you the best, I really do. I've enjoyed conversations with some of your members on IRC. You're a good group. This doctrine is silly, and it's a little bit too close to how the old GOONS did things to be ignorable.