Technology Stats Help

Voodoo Nova

The idea was that it would harness the solar power and then release it in a tight beam, not a laser, really, but still focused energy. Not enough to kill, as I stated, but enough to cause a painful burn.

They already have equipment that does that however, using microwaves if I remember correctly. It doesn't burn, but it does simulate the feelings of extreme pain in the subject.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They already have equipment that does that however, using microwaves if I remember correctly. It doesn't burn, but it does simulate the feelings of extreme pain in the subject.

Thanks. :) Have any idea what to look for if I want to look that up? I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Awesome. Thanks. :)

Remember though, it is meant as a riot control device and crowd disperser. ADS are not meant to kill, but to cause such extreme discomfort as to make the group of people stop what they are doing and leaving the area that causes them pain. It is also meant for short range use, as the further away you move from the ray the less of an effect it will have.

Remember though, it is meant as a riot control device and crowd disperser. ADS are not meant to kill, but to cause such extreme discomfort as to make the group of people stop what they are doing and leaving the area that causes them pain. It is also meant for short range use, as the further away you move from the ray the less of an effect it will have.

I know, and that's the idea, for it to be non-lethal riot control. Don't want a repeat of the incident in Melbourne.

Is it okay for me to RP the usage of mind altering drugs that turn even people who are willing to use anything to bring down their enemy into an ultra loyal minion to their enemy (as long as the drug causes major long health problems, such as 400% increased chance of brain cancer)?

Is it okay for me to RP the usage of mind altering drugs that turn even people who are willing to use anything to bring down their enemy into an ultra loyal minion to their enemy (as long as the drug causes major long health problems, such as 400% increased chance of brain cancer)?

There are other things you could do to make mind slaves. Basically a fun mixture of brainwashing, torture, and yah, drugs, will turn anyone into a violent maniac endlessly loyal to their cause (Look at Scientology). I would say just keep the numbers down, and realize that they would be as dumb as a sack of rocks in their brainwashed state (Not zombie dumb, but high functioning mental retardation, can talk, move, and do simple problems, but not solve a rubix cube, hack a computer, trick someone into doing something, or do any math harder than that you learn in fifth grade), and that it would never be reversible, have fun.

There are other things you could do to make mind slaves. Basically a fun mixture of brainwashing, torture, and yah, drugs, will turn anyone into a violent maniac endlessly loyal to their cause (Look at Scientology). I would say just keep the numbers down, and realize that they would be as dumb as a sack of rocks in their brainwashed state (Not zombie dumb, but high functioning mental retardation, can talk, move, and do simple problems, but not solve a rubix cube, hack a computer, trick someone into doing something, or do any math harder than that you learn in fifth grade), and that it would never be reversible, have fun.

I planned on using it on a large scale though, a combo of constant propaganda movie watching and drugs.

I planned on using it on a large scale though, a combo of constant propaganda movie watching and drugs.

Oh, well that's a bit different. Yah, that's possible, and probably not even hard if you get past the whole "Moral" thing. Just remember side-effects would be present.

Those should be modern too

Nuh uh!

Hellfire- 1984... gotta love the Cold War!

The missile isn't the problem, its the launch vehicle. In this case, someone decided 'Hey, instead of having an Apache Gunship fire this thing, what if, like, we strapped it on to the bottom of a high tech remote control plane?'

The missile is fine, the predator aircraft itself is 1995 though, so its definitely modern.

nother quick question;

What year should I halt my weaponry to stay in my tech range? Since I'll be doing tech deals, I'll probably have little to no tech. Would I be abe to use weapons like P90s, M4 Carbines, etc.?

I'm not sure when those came out, but I do believe the Cold War officially ended around 1990. I know that's not the exact date, but it's close enough.

nother quick question;

What year should I halt my weaponry to stay in my tech range? Since I'll be doing tech deals, I'll probably have little to no tech. Would I be abe to use weapons like P90s, M4 Carbines, etc.?

P90: 1991

M4: 1997

But already countries that use these: just buy them.

For the AWS-Longshot, just lower the stats on the 408 Cheyenne Tactical and the 408 Windrunner rifle (no link unfortunately) for your tech level.

For the AWS-96, I don't know: 7mm rifles assault rifles never seem to have made it off the drawing boards. Maybe find reasonably-accurate 7.62mm assault rifle and change the stats?

And the last one's just an MP5.

Edited by iKrolm

I have a question that needs to be answered. Does the aerodynamic properties of aircrafts function in space? For example are the Space Shuttle's wings only for its gliding performance in atmosphere or does its control surfaces work in space?