Technology Stats Help

Voodoo Nova

Does an anti-missile/aircraft vehicle counts as a tank?

I am also planning on RPing the building of those anti-air/missile towers in and surrounding major cities in my CNRP nation that I mentioned in the last page. The towers will also have the same turrets and most of the towers are hidden in innocent looking civilian buildings or in government buildings.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still nothing on the XA-1 'Krieg' fast close air support craft?

Also, what would the force of the 'kinetic penetration' weapon be?

I've made it out to be 10.4 MN of force for a 20kg DU rod traveling at Mach 3... am i wrong? is this comparable to a rail gun?

The number should be in megajoules, and according to wikipedia the US military's test railgun hit mach 10 and 9MJ, your 20kg has 1.1MJ. Little bit overkill for a person or car, probably could destroy a tank (since it's DU) though you'd need guided/smart projectiles to hit a tank from Mach 3, and not nearly enough KE to to replace a conventional bomb.

Does an anti-missile/aircraft vehicle counts as a tank?

I am also planning on RPing the building of those anti-air/missile towers in and surrounding major cities in my CNRP nation that I mentioned in the last page. The towers will also have the same turrets and most of the towers are hidden in innocent looking civilian buildings or in government buildings.

I use the formula that since I have 2000 (an example) tanks, I can have a max of 2000 support. Artillery, AA, MRLS, etc. I think that'd be the best, really.

I use the formula that since I have 2000 (an example) tanks, I can have a max of 2000 support. Artillery, AA, MRLS, etc. I think that'd be the best, really.

That is in addition to the tanks, obviously. I know you know it, and I know it, Sargun, but others might not get it.

Still nothing on the XA-1 'Krieg' fast close air support craft?

Also, what would the force of the 'kinetic penetration' weapon be?

I've made it out to be 10.4 MN of force for a 20kg DU rod travelling at Mach 3... am i wrong? is this comparable to a rail gun?

Sorry man, I've been busy with school. I'll take a look later tonight.

The number should be in megajoules, and according to wikipedia the US military's test railgun hit mach 10 and 9MJ, your 20kg has 1.1MJ. Little bit overkill for a person or car, probably could destroy a tank (since it's DU) though you'd need guided/smart projectiles to hit a tank from Mach 3, and not nearly enough KE to to replace a conventional bomb.

Basically, I was told that in order for this weapon to work, the jet would scream over the target at Mach 3, dropping this sorta.... fin stabilized and laser guided oversized dart.

And are you honestly saying that a bomb would be better? Wow, this thing is a waste!

Basically, I was told that in order for this weapon to work, the jet would scream over the target at Mach 3, dropping this sorta.... fin stabilized and laser guided oversized dart.

And are you honestly saying that a bomb would be better? Wow, this thing is a waste!

Yah, you've got the energy of a quarter kilo of TNT.

I have a question about tanks. Am I allowed to RP the development of my own tank that does not exist in RL?

As long as it follows the laws of physics, no one has been stopped from developing their own tanks so far in this RP.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

As long as it follows the laws of physics, no one has been stopped from developing their own tanks so far in this RP.

Alright, I am planning on developing a super tank. The tank will obviously be extremely slow due to its sheer weight of the armoring and cannon. Its main purpose is to distract enemies and redirect their firepower away from the main units, basically a massive meat shield with a bulls eye target painted on it. However, only one will be produced to avoid being yelled at for "unrealistic super tank spams".

Cannon size: 140mm, has a compression air system in it to add extra punch to its shells at the cost of reduced fire rate (to prevent damages caused by kickbacks). The compression air system can be turned down or up depending on the situation, such as encountering other enemy super armored tanks, multiple enemies, or faraway enemies.

Turret's nest (on top of the turret) weapons: a .50 caliber machine gun, and dual 40mm cannons.

Armoring: It is very similar to M-1 Abrams Tank's armoring http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Abrams#Armor, with some modifications. The depleted uranium mesh covers all parts of the tank, not just the front hull and turret. The overall armoring has the same strength in all parts of the tank (except for the side parts of the tracks, they instead have thicker depleted uranium mesh). The armoring underneath the tank is designed to funnel explosions outward, thickest in the center and on the edges, thinnest on the front and back edges, rendering landmines useless. I am not sure if adding in shock absorbing gel covering to soften the shocks from explosions is realistic.

To protect the machine gunners and the tank drivers, the bullet resistant window reinforced with depleted uranium mesh and the armoring surrounding it is thickest part of the armoring. Behind those windows are thick steel hatches in case if the windows are completely busted open.

Weight: Extremely heavy, probably 90 ton or something from all of those uranium mesh covering, thicken armoring, and large weapons. It will pose a problem when transporting it to the front line.

Speed: Max speed is around 20mph on road. Rarely on road since the weight can rip up weak roads and fall through bridges unless if in combat.

Max operational distance: 190 miles.

Edited by HHAYD

Alright, I am planning on developing a super tank. The tank will obviously be extremely slow due to its sheer weight of the armoring and cannon. Its main purpose is to distract enemies and redirect their firepower away from the main units, basically a massive meat shield with a bulls eye target painted on it. However, only one will be produced to avoid being yelled at for "unrealistic super tank spams".

Cannon size: 140mm, has a compression air system in it to add extra punch to its shells at the cost of reduced fire rate (to prevent damages caused by kickbacks). The compression air system can be turned down or up depending on the situation, such as encountering other enemy super armored tanks, multiple enemies, or faraway enemies.

Turret's nest (on top of the turret) weapons: a .50 caliber machine gun, and dual 40mm cannons.

Armoring: It is very similar to M-1 Abrams Tank's armoring http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Abrams#Armor, with some modifications. The depleted uranium mesh covers all parts of the tank, not just the front hull and turret. The overall armoring has the same strength in all parts of the tank (except for the side parts of the tracks, they instead have thicker depleted uranium mesh). The armoring underneath the tank is designed to funnel explosions outward, thickest in the center and on the edges, thinnest on the front and back edges, rendering landmines useless. I am not sure if adding in shock absorbing gel covering to soften the shocks from explosions is realistic.

To protect the machine gunners and the tank drivers, the bullet resistant window reinforced with depleted uranium mesh and the armoring surrounding it is thickest part of the armoring. Behind those windows are thick steel hatches in case if the windows are completely busted open.

Weight: Extremely heavy, probably 90 ton or something from all of those uranium mesh covering, thicken armoring, and large weapons. It will pose a problem when transporting it to the front line.

Speed: Max speed is around 20mph on road. Rarely on road since the weight can rip up weak roads and fall through bridges unless if in combat.

Max operational distance: 190 miles.

I might not know the technological aspects but I can tell you that will be very very expensive. I wouldn't build more than a few of them at best.

A less than novel idea, you'd do better to just put in extra cordite in the shells.

40mm cannons have nothing but an AA role in modern combat, and mounting them on a MBT is a silly idea, it simply weighs it down and makes it a bigger target.

40mm cannons have nothing but an AA role in modern combat, and mounting them on a MBT is a silly idea, it simply weighs it down and makes it a bigger target.

Using 150mm shells on helicopters, lightly armored vehicles such as IFVs, and power armored soldiers that can't be killed with .50 caliber bullets ( )): Shadowsage )): )is an overkill and waste of ammo. The 40 mm dual cannons allow it to destroy anything that can't be accomplished with the machine gun but will be an overkill if the tank's main cannon is used.

Besides, the tank is specifically designed to accomplish two tasks: Wreak havoc behind enemy's front lines and redirect the enemy's firepower away from the main units to the tank. The tank's firepower is enough to catch attention and the armoring is enough to withstand several carpet bombings before the tank operators are rattled to death.

Reminds me of the Russian's supertank...How can it be destroyed?

Six ways:

1. Nuclear weapons

2. Tank traps

3. Massive carpet bombing with AP or HE bombs

4. Massive carpet bombing with powerful AP of HE missiles

5. Bunker buster missiles

6. Windows directly hit by armor piercing weapons. That would force the tank operators to close their windows with the steel hatches and backtrack all the way back to a repair site for window replacements.

Keep in mind that the shock absorbing gel in the tank's armoring allows it to take brutal punishment from cluster explosions and the depleted uranium mesh to take brutal punishment from armor piercing weapons. However, with enough shockwaves from explosions or impacts, the tank operators and the internal components inside can be rattled to pieces/death. Bunker busters will leave massive craters in the tank's armoring, crushing anything that is underneath the impact area and disabling it.

Edited by HHAYD

Helicopters will engage your tank with wire-guided missiles outside the range of your 40mm guns, so the point is still null. :P

Unless if the helicopters pose a threat, then the tank operators would ignore the wire guided missiles. If those missiles are causing some major rattling, then it's time for the 150mm shells to fly. Though I might cut down the cannons from dual to single.

The 40mm cannon is still worth it for the super tank. You don't use 150mm shells on APCs, IFVs, and power armored soldiers that are only being tickled by the .50 caliber bullets. Plus, the 40mm shells are cost-effective against dug in enemy forces that refuse to move their close range artillery or mortar guns away from the tank.

Edited by HHAYD

Unless if the helicopters pose a threat, then the tank operators would ignore the wire guided missiles. If those missiles are causing some major rattling, then it's time for the 150mm shells to fly. Though I might cut down the cannons from dual to single.

The 40mm cannon is still worth it for the super tank. You don't use 150mm shells on APCs, IFVs, and power armored soldiers that are only being tickled by the .50 caliber bullets. Plus, the 40mm shells are cost-effective against dug in enemy forces that refuse to move their close range artillery or mortar guns away from the tank.

Um, a wire guided missile will kill a tank in about...one hit.