Technology Stats Help

Voodoo Nova

Since some people have a tough time with military for a variety of reasons, whether it be due to time or because they are not that military savvy. Well, that ends now because you can get help in this thread.

Here are the guidelines of this thread that I wish to be respected so that people can get the help they want:

1. Please post the stats, a description and what type of equipment it will be. Types of equipment mean, fighters, bombers, tanks, artillery, etc. The equipment portion is fairly important because it will allow those helping you know what would be appropriate for your tech level.

2. Please don't post anything complimenting/trashing the person equipment and/or the stats for it. That isn't what this thread is for.

3. Any help isn't a final decision of "you can/can't do x,y,z with this", it's merely advice to help out those that need or want it.

Some helpful tips to get started on making your own military equipment:

1. Base it off of some real life stats and from there, create your own.

2. Don't use the "best of the best" all the time for your tech level. Most of the time, it really isn't the best and it could bog down the design.

3. Look at some people's factbooks to see what would be reasonable for you. Bavaria has one of the better ones regarding reasonable stats, as does Lavo extremely old "For Sale" thread.

Bavaria: Bavaria Factbook

Lavo: For Sale Thead [56k Warning]

Well there you have it. If you need help, post away and I'll help the best I can.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe every weapon I've made in Pimp My Gun needs te be reviewed.

Clicky

Specifically the ranges.

I'll go in order.

Type 28 Sub-machine gun - The way the MP40 was built, you need a different rail for the ACOG. Other than that it's decent.

Type 62 Shotgun - Looks good, although that particular model of shotgun (seemingly the SPAS-12) has an internal magazine of 8 rounds.

Type 71 Semi-Automatic rifle - The M14 was not designed for that particular Grenade launcher. Try using a different grenade launcher.

Type 93 Assault Rifle - Perfectly fine, except the magazine looks backwards. The range is short, I think you mean 250 yards.

Type 100 Assault Rifle - Perfectly fine, except I think your range should be 240 yards.

Type 102 "Arisaka" Bolt-action sniper rifle - Magazine should be of a different type, and I believe you mean 450 yards.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

I believe every weapon I've made in Pimp My Gun needs te be reviewed.

Clicky

Specifically the ranges.

For reference: SG 550 400m, M16A1 275m, M16A2 550m, AK47 varies 150-350m, Barrett M82 1500m

Ranges on the Type 93 and Type 100 seem pretty short unless they're really cheap guns (plus the Type 93 clip is backwards, there's a reason they bend the other way), Type 71 is reasonable but the Type 102 sniper rifle needs significantly more range (it has much less than the Type 71), and that type of front grip of the Type 62 would be harder to operate since it's pump-action (have to pull back really straight or the gun swings around a bunch as you pump it).

I take it this thread is to appraise made up tech then??

NDII Chaperone IFV/Light Tank

I based the chassis stats on the M551 Sheridan Cold War Era Light Tank

203 mm howitzer is based off of the M110 203mm SPH

120 mm compact gun system is based off of the Ruag 120mm compact gun

NMI Ripper Automatic Rifle

I based certain design aspects off of the FN Minimi, FN P90, Ak74/103 and Saiga 20k shotgun!

NDII Defender Heavy Tank

Most of this tank was of my own imagination, however, I used the Halo Scorpion tank and dimensions as the perfect chassis for the AHDM system.

The tandem 120mm guns were based of the same Ruag system

30 mm is taken from the M242 chaingun on the M2 Bradley, basically relies on the AHDM and its highly angular armour plates to survive against otherwise superior tanks.

Although it doesnt have its own entry yet, the NMI Torrent 9.55 mm machine gun is based off of the M60 and MG3. Aestheticly identical to the Starcraft I not II!!!! marine 'gauss rifle'

the 9.55 round itself is based of of the .375 magnum H&H big game round

NDII Devastator Super-Heavy tank

The three tiered defence system is based off of the T-90 heavy tank

Asylum pods are based off the AH-1 Supercobra's Hydra 70 launchers, the Spike 90mm unguided rockets are simply upsized Hydra 70's

30mm autocannon is same as the bushmaster

130 mm guns are based off of the Ak 130 system, although it definitely isnt

automatic!!!!!

NMI Sentinel Battle Rifle

Full auto stats are based on the B.A.R.

All other stats are based off of the Troy Modular M14 system

9.55 mm round is again the H&H .375

NDII Thrasher SPAAG

NOT BASED ON THE SHILKA!!!!

Chassis based on the awesome M47 Sergeant York

Dual 40mm's based on the 40 mm Bofors L7

Missile box system based on the Canadian ADATS and the Canadian Multi mission effects vehicle, although slightly retarded due to these being slightly ahead of my time...

The often talked about 120mm Stabber Anti-tank/Helicopter triple tandem charge guided missile is based off of the RPG 29's PG29 and guided like the Spike, with an extra warhead.

NDII Hunter

Otokar cobra all the way

[...]

Now, I was going to RP a multiple barrelled Self-propelled 155 mm howitzer, but i didn't have time before Lavo declared on Zephyr... Now, i didnt wanna look like I was doing an $@! pull just for the war, so instead i opted for the readily available South African Denel G6 155mm...

Basically, I was going to use the 'Defender's chassis with an armoured box system similar to the M270's but instead of rockets, basically it would contain 4 side-by-side 155mm howitzers. They would not be able to move independently and instead would simply be used to replace artillery groups with a single vehicle... I was also going to apply similar, but not as effective stealth from the B2 bomber...

[...]

same thing here, but this was my attempt at a supersonic Close-Air support craft... a hybrid of a somewhat slower YF-12/SR-71 with the same principles as the A-10 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-25

3. Look at some people's factbooks to see what would be reasonable for you. Bavaria has one of the better ones regarding reasonable stats, as does Lavo extremely old "For Sale" thread.

Bavaria: Bavaria Factbook

It's also completely outdated regarding some of the information, as I'm Austria now, and I really need to add some additional guns to my arsenal.

Otherwise, it's cool to see that I'm seen as reasonable with my stuff.

NDII IFV/Light Tank: The two look pretty good. Your crew should be four, because you also need a loader to load the shells in manually. Your "Knee Capper" shouldn't be automated, you're better off keeping it as Coaxial with the "Torrent" being the gun on top.

NMI Ripper: I assume you are basing the style of the gun off of the AK, meaning that it is meant to spray a lot of fire in one area without much concern for accuracy. The bullet type should be one or the other. You're better off skipping the ability to modify the rifle and sticking with the more common round. Most (if not all) modern guns don't have a 'DAD' because it's relatively useless. A soldier should change out their magazine after every battle anyways. The liquid nitrogen thing, I don't believe is possible on guns today (I'd be interested in seeing the research to this).

NDII Defender: Keep it simpler, if the plan is to make this an anti-tank defend system. Keep it to one gun, and you can make more of them. The tank's chassis being separated like that also makes it incredibly weaker underneath where it joins. The autoloader makes your tank unreliable to a degree, and you should keep it to training men to load faster. The digging system should be completely gone, it's useless and makes the tank a sitting duck when it is digging and dug in. You can manually create these sort of things quietly and more efficiently with a corp of engineers, and the tank wouldn't need to worry about the AHDM system malfunctioning. I suggest making a separate vehicle for the AHDM system. As with the light tank above, your "Knee Capper" shouldn't be automated, you're better off keeping it as Coaxial with the "Torrent" being the gun on top. You will also need a loader as a crewman.

NDII Devastator: As a main battle tank, it looks decent. The tank's defenses will find it hard to block all anti-tank missiles, etc. The pod looks pretty good, and the likelihood of the tank itself surviving an onslaught of three tanks is highly unlikely with the average tank crew. Any well placed ordinance will take out this tank.

NMI Sentinal Battle Rifle: Looks good, although I think it's based more off the HK416 due to the modular abilities of the rifle.

NDII Thrasher: It isn't a tank as much as it is an anti-personnel, anti-aircraft vehicle. It wouldn't function as a tank well, but in regards to defenses against another tank, it's survivability wouldn't be as high as a light tank. The RPM could be toned down a bit to make it more reasonable with the larger round.

NDII Hunter: Looks good, although I cannot see how it would work well as an armored ambulance.

The Howitzer idea: It isn't wise to have a 4 barreled howitzer as that would be easy to take out. The way the M270 is set up, it would be difficult to use that type of system. The amount of crew to load all four barrels, aim them all, etc, would also be a waste of a system. Stick with single barreled howitzers and use the M270 set up as a rocket system.

The plane: Until I see a fuller description, I can't rightfully comment on it.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=66280

The Steinhammer-F and Vessla II.

I think they work for my technology level.

They do work towards your level, in my opinion.

Steinhammer-F - I am not sure where you fit the three machine guns, unless you made one coaxial and the other two on the turret.

Vessla II - Looks good to me.

They do work towards your level, in my opinion.

Steinhammer-F - I am not sure where you fit the three machine guns, unless you made one coaxial and the other two on the turret.

Vessla II - Looks good to me.

The Steinhammer F's other two are in the cupola. It's kinda like a modern version of a panzer-1 turret ontop of an Abrams turret.

Voodoo could you provide stats that would be acceptable for the below displayed tank. Ignore the two grinders on the front for obvious reasons.

RA3_ApocTank2.jpg

I've always disliked the dual main gun for tanks, but I'll give it a go. :P

Crew: 5, Two Loaders, Commander, Gunner, Driver

Armament: 2 105mm smooth-bore cannons

Armor: RHA & DU Plating

Power: 1600hp

Operational range: 250 miles

Speed: 32 mph

I've always disliked the dual main gun for tanks, but I'll give it a go. :P

Crew: 5, Two Loaders, Commander, Gunner, Driver

Armament: 2 105mm smooth-bore cannons

Armor: RHA & DU Plating

Power: 1600hp

Operational range: 250 miles

Speed: 32 mph

Thank you Voodoo I admit the twin barrel design isn't really practical but it looks cool.

Does anyone know how advanced AI is at this point in RL? I'm thinking about having some for some of my aircraft, though obviously NOT a majority, as I would expect it to be expensive.

For now, it isn't overly advanced. We are no where near human intelligence when it comes to AI, but something such as "Computer Vision" for military applications exists for those with Modern technology on a very very limited scale in my opinion. Computer vision allows for recognition and tracking. I believe Britain uses it currently for their surveillance systems in London. It is probably used with satellite programs as well.

And how close would a First World nation that links hundreds of bunkers filled with hundreds of computers each using 2020 level of computing power to AI?

Computing Power doesn't equal Intelligence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI

It's a goddamn complicated topic. And simulating a brain or something similar will be fun, even with such advanced computers.