Event Likelihood Question

Decomposition

Hi,

Is there a set likelihood of an event occurring for every time that taxes are collected? My nation turned 100 days today and I have collected taxes on almost all of those days but have yet to experience an event whereas I used to have a lot of events with a previous nation of mine. Seems very unlikely to not have any events at all for 100 days unless the probability of an event for every tax collection is less than about 3%. Could this be a bug or am I just very unlucky?

Consider your self lucky and unlucky at the same time. I haven't had an event in probably over 3 months. And usually when you do get an event, it's usually a negative event. So, if you don't get any events, consider yourself lucky since you do not have a negative event, hence what most of the events are.

Don't worry, one day you will come upon a positive event.

Every time you collect taxes, there's a 10% chance that you will get a event. You could end up with getting an event every day for a week or not get any for months. This has more information.

Every time you collect taxes, there's a 10% chance that you will get a event. You could end up with getting an event every day for a week or not get any for months. This has more information.

Thanks for the information. Still seems strange to me. I think that I have collected taxes for 90 out of 100 days that my nation has been in existence. If the probability of an event is 10% every time taxes are collected then the probability of not getting one event for 90 consecutive days is: .9 to the power of 90 = .000076 or 1:13127.

Surely this is unlikely and suggests some kind of bug especially if there are other nations that have had similar experiences (as indicated in this thread and a similar one started in my alliance forum).

There could possibly be something else that helps determine when events are given, but if there is, it's not something that admin has let known.

The chances of there being a bug with your nation are very slim. Both of the examples I gave above happen all the time (and both have happneed to myself, as well).

The question has been answered as well as it can be, so I'm locking this.