Tech Deals Question

Epiktetos

First day in CN!

I have been reading lots of stuff today about the game and trying to learn what's going on, at the same time receiving endless messages about alliance which made me more confused lol.

Anyway, I basically understand you sell tech to stronger nations in which both of you benefit. I also understand you can receive the money but you can send the tech 10 days later.

My questions are

1- Can you do this buy 50-100 tech and sell them to stronger nations endlessly until you make good enough money to start having some tech for your own?

2- Which of this is more profitable?

a- Buy 50 tech and sell it and then buy 50 tech and sell and so on just because it may be more expensive between 50-100 tech. (I guess it is the way cost of tech increases right?)

b- Buy 100 tech and sell and then buy 100 tech etc.

Optional question: Do you think one alliance can be superior than the other, especially considering the top 10-20 alliances? Seems to me that all of them have experienced players, aids, deals etc. so what can the criteria to choose one?

Thanks in advance :)

First day in CN!

I have been reading lots of stuff today about the game and trying to learn what's going on, at the same time receiving endless messages about alliance which made me more confused lol.

Anyway, I basically understand you sell tech to stronger nations in which both of you benefit. I also understand you can receive the money but you can send the tech 10 days later.

My questions are

1- Can you do this buy 50-100 tech and sell them to stronger nations endlessly until you make good enough money to start having some tech for your own?

a- Buy 50 tech and sell it and then buy 50 tech and sell and so on just because it may be more expensive between 50-100 tech. (I guess it is the way cost of tech increases right?)

Optional question: Do you think one alliance can be superior than the other, especially considering the top 10-20 alliances? Seems to me that all of them have experienced players, aids, deals etc. so what can the criteria to choose one?

You can do tech deals for as long as you want. Your cost of buying tech only depends on how much you presently have, not how much you may have bought in the past.

Your first option (Buy 50, Sell 50) is more profitable.

The criteria to choose an alliance is your personal choice. Different alliances will have different ways of running things, which will be adapted to different types of players. Although some may try to push their alliance in this thread, a recruitment forum is also located here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=24

The absolute cheapest way to buy 50 tech is in the following increments(starting from 0): 4.5 10 10 5 10 10 0.5

Then you send it, and buy another 50 whenever the person accepts the aid.

As for which alliance is best, that depends entirely on what you play the game for. My recommendation here is to get a feel for an alliance on IRC before you decide to apply.

You can only send out 50 tech at a time. Therefore option 2B of buying 100 tech and selling (all 100 I presume at once) would be impossible. That is why buying up to 50, sending it out, buying 50 more, sending it out and thus completing the deal is more profitable.

Also, do you like to fight in wars, stay neutral, etc. are questions you should answer before deciding on an alliance.

First day in CN!

My questions are

1. Yes, you can sell tech as long as you want, though there is a point whenyou should start buying tech (not sure where it is though)

2. a is the only one that's possible so that.

3. Yes some alliances have better growth and aid programs than others if that's what you were asking