noob questions

llamavore

first, I see it is against rules to have more than one player on a computer, but what if I have two computers? one much older than the other and used for other things, but could handle this game. of course, I respect admin decision.

in faq talking about battle, it says it is random, but doesn't soldier (or tank or w/e) efficiency effect it too?

and most importantly, since I just started, I want to trade, but dont want in an alliance yet. is there a subforum or topic where people post ads and bids of what resources they have to offer/seek to procure?

ty people

first, I see it is against rules to have more than one player on a computer, but what if I have two computers? one much older than the other and used for other things, but could handle this game. of course, I respect admin decision.

If their IP's are different, i don't think you'll have any problems :)

in faq talking about battle, it says it is random, but doesn't soldier (or tank or w/e) efficiency effect it too?

There are a lot of factors that influence the battle outcome (tech, land, defcon, number of soldiers and their efficiency, number of tanks, etc) and the random factor is only minimal.

and most importantly, since I just started, I want to trade, but dont want in an alliance yet. is there a subforum or topic where people post ads and bids of what resources they have to offer/seek to procure?

I recommend choosing a team color first, since trading with people on the same color as you gives both players +1 happiness (this bonus doesn't work if you're trading with another person who hasn't chosen any color yet).

There are a few forums which deal with trading only, but i recommend choosing an alliance and looking for trades there or just offering people with the resources you need trade offers :)

For more general info go here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54

Edited by uaciaut

I recommend choosing a team color first, since trading with people on the same color as you gives both players +1 happiness (this bonus doesn't work if you're trading with another person who hasn't chosen any color yet).

There are a few forums which deal with trading only, but i recommend choosing an alliance and looking for trades there or just offering people with the resources you need trade offers :)

thx im working on the trade offers. can you switch teams at will without consequence? and dont alliances require a measure of commitment?

also if i have gold and pig and trade with someone who has pig and sugar, does the pig goods stack for us?

If their IP's are different, i don't think you'll have any problems :)

A common misconception is although different computers on the same network seem to have different ip addresses, to the outside world, they are labeled with the networks ip, not an individual computer's ip.

A common misconception is although different computers on the same network seem to have different ip addresses, to the outside world, they are labeled with the networks ip, not an individual computer's ip.

i figured that out, what about the other questions