The Time Attack changes

Starcraftmazter

- Nations involved in ground attacks performed between 6:00 PM and 6:00 AM game time will receive a 5% bonus to their technology bonus for attacking/defending at night. Ground attacks performed between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM will receive a 1% bonus to their soldier efficiency strength. (Not considering your opponent, if you have less than 1,000 technology it is better to attack during the day otherwise it is better to attack at night.)

This DIRECTLY benefits people living in certain parts of the world than others, I think it's totally stupid and unacceptable.

Change it back now!!!

How does this favor certain areas of the world? Alot of people check their nation every night before they go to bed, alot of people check their nations when they get home from class at noon or when they are at their lunchbreak at work. I don't think you will be able to show a clear advantage for certain people.

This DIRECTLY benefits people living in certain parts of the world than others, I think it's totally stupid and unacceptable.

Change it back now!!!

Then you've missed the point.

There's a tendency during wars for people to launch attacks around the server update at 12:00am central time in order to hit an enemy four consecutive times. However, during large inter-alliance wars, a lot of people try to do this at once, and it usually causes the servers to be inaccessible for lengthy periods of time.

However, if admin can make an incentive for people to all not attack around the server update time, then hopefully less will strike during those times, and the strain on the server can be alleviated. Thus the point of this change.

Edited by Sadinoelus

Change it back now!!!

1st, you are giving us Australians a bad name and

2nd, If you are from Australia how does it affect you, Update over her in Down Under land is between 2pm and 6pm our time depending on your state, My update in Brisbane is 5pm, get home from work 6:30pm get online, still in the better ratio

One thing that might make the "night time attack" more personalized would by to have when "night time" is depend on the location of the defending nation. Since we all have lat/long coordinates (and you'd really only need to check against the longitude) for our nations, you could calculate the defending nation time by checking the system clock and changing the hour depending on what longitude the defending nation was on. That would be a pretty simple calculation, too.

One thing that might make the "night time attack" more personalized would by to have when "night time" is depend on the location of the defending nation. Since we all have lat/long coordinates (and you'd really only need to check against the longitude) for our nations, you could calculate the defending nation time by checking the system clock and changing the hour depending on what longitude the defending nation was on. That would be a pretty simple calculation, too.

you're missing the point of the update. read above (2nd post?) about why this affects the server

The night calculation should be done on the defending nation's location, yes.

I also don't like the fact that for high tech nations, which is where wars are actually decided, this gives an even larger advantage to people who can be on at update, who already have a massive advantage in combat.

The night calculation should be done on the defending nation's location, yes.

I also don't like the fact that for high tech nations, which is where wars are actually decided, this gives an even larger advantage to people who can be on at update, who already have a massive advantage in combat.

Again, agreeing 100% with you!!! Sure players have a 12 hour window, but the point is the prime advantage is already update, this gives an even greater edge to that already unfair advantage.

The only thing that's unacceptable here is the way you've addressed admin. The only ridiculous thing here is you demanding admin do anything. The only stupid thing here is...well, we won't go there.

It's quite easy to phrase your opinions on game changes in a civil and non-flammatory manner. Doing so can lead to productive discussion and if the occasion calls for it even positive change. The OP of this thread is a perfect example of the exact opposite.