Operation Ranger

Manetheren

F-IEL.jpg

Four brigades of the Tahoan Army, two fighter groups and a squadron from the Tahoe Navy Pacific Fleet have been deployed to support the Amerikanisches Reich government in Texas and prevent anarchy or foreign aggression.

Additionally, a regiment of the Armtha SS is being deployed to provide internal security and root out subversive elements.

bhawkd1.jpg

12th California Brigade with aircover moving into Dallas.

Ministry of Defense - National Defense Command Priority Transmission 094869A-1

Encryption Code: Red

Public Key: Restricted - NONE

To: General John MacDermott, Commander Unified American Command; Marshal Eamon Niall, Commander, Joint Chiefs of Staff

Subject: State of Affairs

Classification: CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET

/begin message

I am pleased to announce that my command is in contact Amerikanisches Reich government, whose effective control of Texas has been reduced to a hundred square miles around the Dallas-Fort Worth area and a narrow corridor to the Gulf of Mexico, from where it extends down the coast to Corpus Christi. Much of the rest of Texas is under the control of warlords or members of the Amerikanisches Reich nobility, who have asserted control over their dominion with the reduction in power of the Kaiser.

In consultation with them, I have deployed one brigade along the coastal corridor, two in the Dallas area and one along the corridor from Dallas to the coast. My fighter wing has deployed all six squadrons to Dallas, although small airfields across the secured region (SR) are hosting up to eight fighters for local interdictions.

The current state of affairs in the SR is a tenuous hold by American forces commanded by the Kaiser, although with Tahoan support they will hold. Significant humanitarian aid will be required to assist the citizens in the SR. Intelligence is showing that the city of Houston is almost completely destroyed after being the focal point of the fighting between Imperial forces, the Duke of Houston who attempted to gain independence and numerous smaller armies commanded by warlords or lesser nobles. It is now held by a man named Joerg von Amsberg, previously a count by now claiming the title Duke.

I am requesting two further brigades to be used in an offensive capacity to restore order. I am planning to push south from Dallas in a general sweep to the Rio Grande, creating a very significant pocket around Southern Texas and including the cities of Houston, San Antonio and Austin. Tahoan forces will be used as the centerpoint of a general push by Imperial American troops. Currently there are 180,000 soldiers under arms commanded by the Kaiser, of whom perhaps fourty to fifty thousand of whom are well trained and equipped veterans. The rest are ill trained, ill equipped and poorly motivated conscripts who may preform well only if faced with sporadic opposition. Veterans are being distributed to the conscript units to increase morale and combat readiness.

Sincerely,

Lieutenant Genral Padraig Talmanes

Commander, Army of Victorious Texas

On behalf of Kaiser Otto Verteidiger,

bigflaglh7.png

Edited by Emperor Mudd

OOC: So then who gets the land? Me or Reeki? Oh and by the way, I haven't officially RP'd a country yet, and my SoI is in Texas so Reeki, if you get the land, I still need to get some. However, in my personal opinion, you already have enough. Sorry if this sounds rude, I just don't know how else to put it <_<

OOC: So then who gets the land? Me or Reeki? Oh and by the way, I haven't officially RP'd a country yet, and my SoI is in Texas so Reeki, if you get the land, I still need to get some. However, in my personal opinion, you already have enough. Sorry if this sounds rude, I just don't know how else to put it <_<

OOC: Your IG map means nothing....

IC:

"We wish the territory of Texas well as they escape anarchy."

OOC: I am propping up the Amerikanisches Reich regime of Otto Verteidiger. Since he hasn't RPed in a long time, his nation is fallling into anarchy. If he ever returns, he can have his old nation back. Until then it is going to be under direct control of Tahoe.

OOC: Who...J Andres again?

OOC: lol, I wish. But he stated he had no intentions of returning to CNRP, though I hope he does soon. I'm gonna give Arkantos some of my land, particularly Virginia, if he decides to reroll in North America.

ohshi--

teh sekrit's out. :ph34r:

On a related note, lets not derail this thread any longer. It's my fault, lol :P

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: lol, I wish. But he stated he had no intentions of returning to CNRP, though I hope he does soon. I'm gonna give Arkantos some of my land, particularly Virginia, if he decides to reroll in North America.

ohshi--

teh sekrit's out. :ph34r:

On a related note, lets not derail this thread any longer. It's my fault, lol :P

OOC: )): Invasion tiem. We must cover teh sekrit. :war:

In a speech given to the Assembly, Mr. Oates made the following statement, "Tahoe's recent expansionist adventure into Texas shows us something. It shows us that they are not afraid to use force against their neighbors in the name of "security," and it shows us that we can not trust the Tahoe leadership." Later in the speech he stated that, "this will only serve to move us closer to the Dragon Bloc countries."

In a speech given to the Assembly, Mr. Oates made the following statement, "Tahoe's recent expansionist adventure into Texas shows us something. It shows us that they are not afraid to use force against their neighbors in the name of "security," and it shows us that we can not trust the Tahoe leadership." Later in the speech he stated that, "this will only serve to move us closer to the Dragon Bloc countries."

"How is Tahoe being expansionist when they are merely moving troops into their long-time ally's lands to restore law and order? What, you support anarchy and lawlessness?"

Edited by JEDCJT

"How is Tahoe being expansionist when they are merely moving troops into their long-time ally's lands to restore law and order? What, you support anarchy and lawlessness?"

"I support the soverignty of nations. The Tahoe Republic obviously does not plan on leaving Texas, the only law they bring there is their own. While the situation in Texas is regretable, an invasion is not the answer here. We see the Tahoe Republic's actions as a poor excuse for aquiring more territory."

Our ally has requested assistance. We provide assistance to our allies. When the government of the Amerikanisches Reich became besieged by the brutal, years long civil war that has been raging in Texas, we did nothing, at their request. When rebellious nobles and warlords took larger and larger swathes of territory, we did nothing. When massacres and war crimes took place, we did nothing. When their government was pressed back against the wall, we did nothing. Yet now they have requested our assistance and we are proud to finally give them that help. We are honor bound to defend our allies and will do so, to the death.

Already Tahoan forces are supporting American troops in pushing southwards towards the Rio Grande. American troops under command of the Imperial Army are being assisted by Tahoans. We have faced sporadic resistance so far, but numerous armed bands and militias have been falling back towards the Houston area, seeing protection in the powerful Duke von Amsberg. His numbers are swelling as dozens of warlords and petty nobles have sworn allegiance, seeing their way of life threatened by a resurgent Imperial Government.