Starting war with unaligned rebel nations;

sam kinison

When you first created your nation; were you tempted to fight a couple nations that you didn't like something they said or just for the heck of it? esp if they were unaligned seemed like trouble makers anyhow?

Ya know; before knew you could be prosecuted and hung from the highest branch by the 'peaceful alliances'?

If you've seen some newbs do this do you want to 'teach em a lesson' or bring them to justice?

Or do you just say; "eh, stupid newb.. lucky he didnt attack me, he'll learn"?

Do you think some alliance are too over zealous in asserting thier 'cyber morality' ??

Just askin; I've never been through this btw.. :P

I tech raided to the point where I had 800 tech and 2000 infra or something. Was fun. I never sold tech as a small nation nor did I get any aid yet I still had an efficiency of 250+ for several months. :P

I find that quite hard to believe lol. after all that time, no alliance ever barged down ur door?

I find that quite hard to believe lol. after all that time, no alliance ever barged down ur door?

I was in an alliance. But yes, other alliances came knocking on our door twice.. and they knocked it down. >_> Both cases were related to tech raids (on unaligned nations!).

Edited by Viluin

After being nearly ZIed by a rogue who claimed to be a tech raider (using CM and airplanes and ignoring all of my peace offers/ messages asking to stop attacking, really.) last year, I had no interest in tech raiding.

Edited by HHAYD

I was in an alliance. But yes, other alliances came knocking on our door twice.. and they knocked it down. >_> Both cases were related to tech raids (on unaligned nations!).

Tech raiding is two ground attacks and peace out. The reasoning is that the attacked will not want to fight a losing war, and the attacker will want to minimize monetary loss.

That was just a rampant rogue.

Tech raiding is two ground attacks and peace out. The reasoning is that the attacked will not want to fight a losing war, and the attacker will want to minimize monetary loss.

That was just a rampant rogue.

There's nothing long with a long-term tech raid, Milk the nation until it has little tech left, you can even target nations that have a high likely hood of having "left" The game and going inactive...

Naaaah, the thing to do is to go on a crash building program to get an MP and then go rogue and start nuking Electron Sponge. If you can't get a free slot on ES, there's always Rebel Virginia.

THAT'S A JOKE, Y'ALL! Nuke roguery is never the right thing to do. :D

The problem with raiding is when the target chooses to fight back... with nukes... or when it's a small alliance that signed a poorly-publicized protectorate agreement... with your own alliance... ouch. Also, been there.

I think there is to much protection. I believe if your unaligned your fair game. Simple as that. If you choose to not be part of an alliance than you choose to act alone and you shouldnt run to get people involved if you get tech raided or attacked b/c you act like an A** in the game

I think there is to much protection. I believe if your unaligned your fair game. Simple as that. If you choose to not be part of an alliance than you choose to act alone and you shouldnt run to get people involved if you get tech raided or attacked b/c you act like an A** in the game
How does a player's choice to play alone make it right to steal his assets (yes, in game assets, but still)? Edited by Golan 1st

I think it's funny that you feel it's completely OK for you to attack anyone you think you can beat up on, but that it's completely unfair if someone else uses that as a reason to attack you back.

You're claiming that *they* are "acting like an a**", but you're the one who attacked someone just because you wanted to have some fun.

If you tech raid, you have no room to complain if they fight back, or if they bring in friends. If you don't want that to happen, you shouldn't attack them.

Tech raiders who cry about being attacked for their raids are like muggers who complain when they get a beat down when someone sees them snatch a purse and run. Whiny crybabies.

• 2 weeks later...

Well one of my Alliance member got Tech Raided about 2 weeks ago and we Did a Raid on that person took out 632 Tech and Anarchyed them so i think they learn there lesson... I Sent 4500Men and 1200 Returned. Also 159 Planes and Bombers :D 4 CM's And 3 Others Attacked with -/+ stuff.

Just goes to show you that Raiding Is not as profitable as most think.

Also his Alliance refused to help him due to he tech raided.

Well one of my Alliance member got Tech Raided about 2 weeks ago and we Did a Raid on that person took out 632 Tech and Anarchyed them so i think they learn there lesson... I Sent 4500Men and 1200 Returned. Also 159 Planes and Bombers :D 4 CM's And 3 Others Attacked with -/+ stuff.

Just goes to show you that Raiding Is not as profitable as most think.

Also his Alliance refused to help him due to he tech raided.

Uh, you couldn't take 632 tech out of one person in one raid. The largest member of your alliance has half that amount. Your nation shows a total of 1,170 soldiers lost in aggressive attacks as opposed to the 3,200 you claim to have lost. Why are you fibbing? :P

As for tech raiding, I find it highly profitable and it is more enjoyable than sitting around arguing politics.