Memorial To A Great Man

Francesca

I met LoweAlpine many months ago. He was a fellow member in the MCXA, highly active, lots of laughs and always kept to his word. He was one of the crowd who struggled for change in MCXA, supporters who advocated a much needed transparency in government affairs, as the general membership were largely kept in the dark regarding government decisions. I always admired that he was prepared to debate for what he believed in and not back down.

The TSO crisis came, and Lowe moved on to the New Polar Order. We kept in touch...... he loved his new alliance, and for he tried to recruit me to join him there. I was tempted, but I stayed in MCXA. I never doubted his loyalty to Polar.

Recently, Lowe came to a realisation that the excessive time he spent on Cyber Nations and computer gaming was destroying his life. For this reason, he decided to leave the New Polar Order and destroy his nation by attacking other people. This way, he would not be tempted to return to CN, or reroll, because he wouldn't be able to without severe difficulty. Although I am saddened by what has transpired, I can respect this, and I would like to invite everyone to pay their final respects in this thread.

Signed:

Francesca

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great man, I admired him till the end and I shall still admire him for as long as I shall live on this Planet. I ask that all of you please leave this nation rest in peace and let the nation go instead of reaping the change from a dead man's pocket.

R.I.P LoweAlpine.

Ezequiel.

:ph34r:

He might be due more respect if he hadn't rogued out; there is no excuse to leave the game that way. If he really just wanted to leave and not come back, all he had to do was to delete his nation or let it expire. Becoming a rogue does not earn you any points. I didn't know him, but since he went rogue on me, can't say I'll miss him.

He might be due more respect if he hadn't rogued out; there is no excuse to leave the game that way. If he really just wanted to leave and not come back, all he had to do was to delete his nation or let it expire. Becoming a rogue does not earn you any points. I didn't know him, but since he went rogue on me, can't say I'll miss him.

Perhaps, and I understand where you are coming from, but this means that he will not be able to return to CN without some difficulty. It means that his lack of self-control will not lead to the destruction of his life.

Gonna have to agree with the cow. He should have just hit delete. Damaging other nations so that you can depend upon them making your difficult decision easier is not a lesson others should learn Fran.

Perhaps, and I understand where you are coming from, but this means that he will not be able to return to CN without some difficulty. It means that his lack of self-control will not lead to the destruction of his life.

If its really that bad for him and he is so beloved, then he should have asked some folks to pound him to death instead of damaging the nations of strangers and folks he did not like. In that aspect he is just another rogue.

Edited by HeinousOne

What a great man, I admired him till the end and I shall still admire him for as long as I shall live on this Planet. I ask that all of you please leave this nation rest in peace and let the nation go instead of reaping the change from a dead man's pocket.

R.I.P LoweAlpine.

Ezequiel.

I don't know the guy so won't comment either way on his character. However, it is a bit much for him to go rogue and then have you tell people to let him go without fighting back or assisting allies he has attacked by calling it "reaping the change from a dead man's pocket".

As Moo said, there are more dignified ways to go out than this.

Agreed. He sounds like a !@#$%.

A simple note or two to Admin asking to have his IP banned is all it would have taken.

OP: Perhaps to you he's a great man, to me he's yet another player that decided to have some "fun" on the way out.

Everyone has their different opinions, but I will always remember LoweAlpine as the good person that he was.

Meh. Wars are a fun part of the game. Someone who really doesn't have any intention of returning has no reason not to milk the last bit of entertainment out of it. It's an understandable course of action for most departing players and something we should've all learned to deal with by now. Of course, "going rogue" -- especially on Moo -- is an exit completely lacking in style. That gets a 0/10 from this judge.

Otherwise I did not know LowAlpine, except by name, so there's nothing I can say to his actual character.

Meh. Wars are a fun part of the game. Someone who really doesn't have any intention of returning has no reason not to milk the last bit of entertainment out of it. It's an understandable course of action for most departing players and something we should've all learned to deal with by now. Of course, "going rogue" -- especially on Moo -- is an exit completely lacking in style. That gets a 0/10 from this judge.

Otherwise I did not know LowAlpine, except by name, so there's nothing I can say to his actual character.

Granted, there are people it would be way more fun to attack. :P

invite everyone to pay their final respects in this thread.

You talk as if the man had died, when all that's happened is he's left the game. Whilst that may sadden you, I think asking for others to pay their final respects is pushing it.