Arctic Confederation

kitex

The Antarctic Federation

Article I.

We, the signatories of this pact agree to co-operate and collaborate in ensuring a peaceful and prosperous future for the citizens and societies of Antarctica.

Article II.

All Antarctican Residents will be issued "Antarctican Citizenship". This shall be denoted on their passport and will be granted freedom of movement between borders throughout the continent.

Article III.

a. (OOC: Once a month) Each year, a member nation will appoint a representative from their government to govern the Federation. This post will involve co-ordinating any movement of scientists or peace-keeping troops, and ensuring peace and the terms of this treaty are abided throughout the continent, by each signatory and every other nation.

b. At the end of the term, the nation that currently holds the post shall make the announcement stating the transfer of the position. Transfer proceeds in Alphabetical order by the nation name.

Article IV.

All signatories agree to conduct collaborative, peaceful research on Antarctica. The Antarctic Federation Research Commission will be established to administer this.

Article V.

In order to develop economic potential from the continent, international air and sea trade routes will be arranged for increased frequency in trade between the nations. The Antarctic Federation Trade Commission will be established to administer this.

Article VI.

Antarctica shall remain a peaceful continent. No military activity is permitted on the continent mainland at any time by any nation. The Antarctic Federation Peace Corps shall be established to maintain peace in the region, consisting of 1,000 soldiers contributed from each signatory, permanently based across the continent.

Article VII.

Signatories that wish to conduct military testing must designate an island within their territory off the mainland within which all such tests shall be conducted, to prevent environemtal repurcussions.

Article VIII.

Should any non-signatory declare war on any other signatory and such warfare transpires on the continent, the other signatories are obliged to defend and assist the Antarctic territory under threat, and expel such forces from the region.

Article IX.

Amendments to this covenant must be agreed to by all signatories.

Article X.

Should any signatory wish to withdraw from this pact, a 96-hour notice to all existing signatories and a Public Notification of Cancellation are required.

OOC: Other nations near Antartica may join if they wish. Just ask here.

Signatures

For Kitex: President-elect Nouri Shiznay

Signed for Top Gear

King of Pixels, Overlord, Emperor, and Demi-God of Top Gear; TheStig

Prime Minister; Jeremy Clarkson

First Lady; Top Gear Dog

Secretary of State; Richard Hammond

Gay Pride President; James May

Malvinian Communist Party Leader - Premier Barney

Malvinian Commander of armed forces - General Applause

Malvinan Diplomats and cabinate members:

Citizens 1 to 8.

Edited by kitex

OOC: If TheStig finds it OK, then yes, you shall be able to join.

OOC: i dont think that would be a good idea. no land claims etc or stuff in antarctca and hes an european nation, youde have pitchforks and torches from the southern nations.

OOC: I noticed it, but I didn't say anything. :ph34r:

OOC: Suuuuure.

IC: I'm fine with any nations joining this pact for the purposes of peaceful development and research.

Also, here are our nation's signatures for this mighty treaty;

[b]Signed for Top Gear[/b]
King of Pixels, Overlord, Emperor, and Demi-God of Top Gear; [i]TheStig[/i]
Prime Minister; [i]Jeremy Clarkson[/i]
First Lady; [i]Top Gear Dog[/i]
Secretary of State; [i]Richard Hammond[/i]
Gay Pride President; [i]James May[/i]

Malvinian Communist Party Leader - Premier Barney
Malvinian Commander of armed forces - General Applause
Malvinan Diplomats and cabinate members:
Citizens 1 to 8.

These are the signatures of the 9 leaders and supreme ruler of Malvinas