Senate Elimination

Honestly, people are only complaining because A. They got sanctioned and didn't want to be. B. Their alliance isn't strong enough to control a Senate seat. or C. They picked the wrong sphere to get trades on, because not every sphere uses their sanctions in such regards... MHA only sanctions alliances they are at war with, and even then we don't sanction trading partners that our alliance makes us aware of.

It seems people forget that you are in running "YOUR" nation.

People are treating this as if your nation is really a soldier, and an alliance as a nation.

If such is the case, then sanctions would make no sense because why would you sanction a person, however, it is a nation you are running not a soldier.

That said people don't like sanctions because they have been on the receiving end of one. Yet if it came to a large scale TE war they would use that tool just as quickly.

In real wars, there are sanctions that happen all the time. Technically the Korean war has never ended and both North and South Korea are still at war. N. Korea has been hit with sanctions left and right and these very sanctions is the main reason why they are considered a very poor nation.

Sanctions should remain in the game because it actually provides a political dynamic to the game. It emphases the importance of relationships between players and how to use your political chips. I mean CNte is just a game/tool and much of the playing is done i the Forums.

Edited by thaisport

And again I agree totally.... except for the forums part. I'm not sure other than irritating folks or setting up sides that it really plays a part... though I suppose setting up sides is definately a part of TE.

Again, I would expand their powers and make them MORE valuable so everyone went after senators and Alliances were forced to defend them. A whole new dynamic to the game.

Damn Thai, yer killin me, I never agree with anyone!

Honestly, people are only complaining because A. They got sanctioned and didn't want to be. B. Their alliance isn't strong enough to control a Senate seat. or C. They picked the wrong sphere to get trades on, because not every sphere uses their sanctions in such regards... MHA only sanctions alliances they are at war with, and even then we don't sanction trading partners that our alliance makes us aware of.

That would pretty much include both Zx3 and Blacky, as I know Darklink sanctioned them both last round, keeping them from winning.* Keep the Senate and Sactioning. If you get more friends to play TE, you have a better shot at winning. That's the way it all is and the way it should stay.

*Well, those nukes you guys took didn't help either

Edited by Necromancer V4L

That said people don't like sanctions because they have been on the receiving end of one. Yet if it came to a large scale TE war they would use that tool just as quickly.

I am in full support of this suggestion, yet I was a senator for a short term and have never been sanctioned. Funny how that works, 'ey?