People's Franocist Meritocratic Party of Tasmania makes a demand of the Queen.

Maelstrom Vortex

A giant crowd gathered in the streets of Hobart.. each carrying the Imperial Flag of the First Dragon Empire, it was the heraldry of the People's Francoist Meritocratic Party. They were out in force.. perhaps 500,000 citizens collected before the Palace of the Queen. They were gathering around the statue of the First Emperor which was posed with his images pulling some victim of the nuclear attack so many years back from the rubble and looking at the sky searching for answers. Some people in the crowd even have images of him saving family members.. or in very rare cases.. survivors had pictures of themselves being pulled from the radioactive rubble by the First Emperor.The leader of the group walked up to the guards and presented a paper. This is what it read.

Dear Queen,

Whilst we greatly respect the care and services you have rendered the state since our declaration of Independence from the State of Dragonisia, and we have no mind of the restrictions on shipping or military vessels in our water... we demand that you rescind your prohibition on former Emperor Maelstrom Vortex from visiting this, his homeland, which he fought for.. shed his blood for.. and nearly died for. He serves, and still continues to serve with great honor and integrity, keeping the desires of his people first in his thoughts. We condemn your statements about him. Surely, did you not suffer through the great war with him also?

Whatever the case may be, we will not let this injustice stand. He has earned his right to have access to this island when and however he pleases, to visit his old homes and to see the places of his youth for the duration of his life and you will declare such. You will answer these demands.. or by the will of the Lord, we shall depose you. You have 48 hours to answer our demands.

Sincerely,

Rudolph Jacobs

Chairman of the People's Francoist Meritocratic Party

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

A reply did not take long to be produced by the Queen and after she signed the letter she had one of her guards take it out to the people who waited outside, she watched as the figure ran out across the grass yard before her palace heading for the gates as fast as he could. Once he did reach them he made his way past the guards and handed the letter to the leader of the group.

Dear, Rudolph Jacobs

By forming such a group and making your way to my palace you have performed treason and as such you and all your followers must face the punishment for such an act. Enforcer Corp troopers are already on their way here to arrest you all. Do not try and flee and do not try and resist or my royal guards shall cut you all down like wheat.

Sincerely,

Your Queen

"Alright ladies and gents, you each have your military sergeants assigned to you and know your instructions. The Queen has rescinded our demands. It is time we brought this monarchy to a crashing halt.."

The people in the crowd brought out their AK-47s, which they had brought to the gathering. The palace guards were mowed down.. and the gates were quickly overwhelmed... the palace was being stormed. There were no children in this crowd.. and the women and men were both armed.. some of them were military personnel who were off duty, but knowing the gravity of the situation, had worn some of their gear under their civillian clothing.

If the Queen was on the premise.. more than likely she would be found very quickly as the entire residence was pretty much surrounded.

The royal guards loyal till their very end fought tooth and nail against the rioting citizens, with each man and woman falling to numerous bullet wounds before finally dying and yet the numbers meant that the few deaths the citizens suffered had no real effect on their mission and they would soon come to the double doors of the throne room where what remained of the royal guard put up what had to be one of History's fiercest fights with no quarter given or asked. By the time the last guard was dead and the doors opened the Queen had already taken her life, a hand gun held tightly in her fist, a single spent cartridge on the floor and a still flwoing head wound was the only evidance of her last act.

Rudolph Jacobs noted to his gathered followers, "Alright.. government is basically down.. we have our loyalists in the military.. tell them to call back the guards.. lets start setting up a new council and getting back to business. We'll begin the voting in the morning to form a new council from the parliament. Lets not let this madness happen again, we're going to ban monarchies unless appointed by the council."

Loyalists to the Queen were informed of her suicide and those who resisted the coup were put into temporary prisons and allowed to watch the news to see how the new authorities were changing government to represent their people once again.

"Contact Dragonisia, tell them we want to come home."

Maelstrom picked up the phone.. he heard the words and was shocked at the news. He picked up his phone then and called Anthony Harlem of Promised Land. "Tasmania just overthrew their Queen. They're wanting to rejoin Dragonisia.. but I don't think they'd mind if you took them in as a state and I'm almost certain it'd be a more stable arrangement. So.. what do you want to do? We could take them, but you're closer and could represent them better in your government."

Maelstrom picked up the phone.. he heard the words and was shocked at the news. He picked up his phone then and called Anthony Harlem of Promised Land. "Tasmania just overthrew their Queen. They're wanting to rejoin Dragonisia.. but I don't think they'd mind if you took them in as a state and I'm almost certain it'd be a more stable arrangement. So.. what do you want to do? We could take them, but you're closer and could represent them better in your government."

Anthony sighed, shaking his head. "Yes, it probably would be better if we took them in. it would make more sense, as we're closer like you said."

"I'm sorry that you feel that way, but it makes the Empire one of the most secure states in the world..."

"Secure...if you say so. I just wish you could see the folly in the war you participated in. They didn't even try an ultimatum first. Just know that you, and ONLy you, are welcome to come back to Tasmania anytime you wish."

OCC: Kevz, why are your characters always so emo, didn't the entirety of your last civilization commit suicide upon facing an undesirable threat? Now your guards and your queen :P. NvM the question of how MV had his large masses of people sneak in enough AK-47s (Described as something they owned) for the entire massive protesting crowd (That Kevz let you get away with that is one thing... but that you tried to get away with that is another.)

IC: The Aether Empire condemns the usage of MURDER over the banning of travel rights. It unknown how many children are now orphaned and how much destruction has been done, but if Maelstrom Vortex did any good for Tasmania, it seems to have been undone in a single day in his very same name. This is why the Aether Empire does not allow every citizen to own an AK-47... as soon as they own them, they seem to want to shoot me, Zarfef. If you owned an AK-47 you'd want to shoot me too! We deplore the existence of such anarchy that does not herald in a bright new age where *I* rule the world. In memory of the queen though and in order to allow the protestors a bite to eat, we are sending several thousand cakes worth of Casu Marzu to this location. I personally don't like the taste of it and personally wouldn't even eat, but we were told that it is a delicasy in some places and that most people enjoy it... we are testing to see if the company is biased in its assumptions or not. Alternatively, we have gained a contract for a million servings of canned cheeseburgers with a side of Lutefish.

OOC: Important link: http://www.cracked.com/article_14979_6-mos...s-in-world.html

http://www.avclub.com/articles/taste-test-...-in-a-can,2183/

Edited by Zarfef

ooc: Dragonisia always has been a people's rights state. They are allowed to own any fire arm they can afford long as they have a license to carry. Dragonisia also has a citizens militia and mandatory service for citizens of 1-2 years in the army to re-affirm citizenship at adult-hood. All citizens are expected to spend some time in the defense of the state or service to government. This may have changed when Kevz took over, but I doubt the public would have supported the removal of the firearms. The AK-47 is the preferred weapon of the people's milita as they are easy to manufacture, inexpensive, and government subsidized at minimum 1 weapon per household upon request. Trust me when I say the worst thing feared in the Indian Parliament.. is public dis-satisfaction over their actions. Usually it results in a peaceful deposition of current government officials by emergency election. That is how the meritocracy works, you lose merit.. you fall fast.

Rudolph Jacobs contacts the federal government of Promised Land, they inform them that Tasmania has been reorganized and is ready for elections and integration into the Promised Land federal apparatus at their convenience.

The application for incorporation is promptly reviewed and accepted. Tasmania is now a province of Promised Land, and local elections will not be interfered with.

OOC: Mael, in the future, if I post topics that may cause controversy within Tasmania, I ask you to RP the results with me. ;)

ooc: Emo is fun, lol.

OOC: I suppose... :D

Also, LOL at Kevz's statement... ;)