About IS's aggression on CG

jerdge

So you are saying that people in CN do not behave according to what is right and wrong, but mearly use events as an excuse to attack those they dislike?

I'd like to thik I would stand up for what is right regardles of who was attacked.

What is right to you may be wrong to the next person, but thats a whole new argument.

Well, considering recent events, I'm not surprised that this is the case. I mean, they have a perfectly good reason to oppose IS, augmented with unrelated grudges or not. If opportunity comes knocking...

Well of course. But the word honor is not one to be used when you find your enemy being bandwagoned and jump aboard. That term is way overused. I think I'll consider my dog honorable for not peeing on the carpet recently.

Either case, my initial argument was that the political support behind CG isnt ->all<- for CG, but moreso to get at IS, and that the word honor is overused to describe things that really arent honorable at all.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never claimed differently, just pointing out the flip side to that coin where some folks came out solely to support Crimson Guards.

Well of course. Never claimed it was all of them. Thats why I put the ->some<- in there.

Pleasure having this discussion with you.

Is the thought that this war is a trap plausible? Yes.

Is it a good trap? Not at all.

Going back to Ye Olde Treaty Web, you can see immediately how things would unfold:

1. Internet Superheroes attacks 9rimson Guard en-masse

2. New Sith Order comes to the rescue and attacks Internet Superheroes

3. Poison Clan hits along with anyone else they can round up

4. Frostbite hits back with anyone else they can round up

What follows from there is a general melee with nukes flying and already-damaged alliances going back to war for no real defined gain. Any alliance leader worth their salt wouldn't buy into this conflict since the escalation is so blatant. Granted, there is some solid PR to be gained but that's another story.

I thin Lord Moldavi summed it up nicely elsewhere - why would the Sith get involved in the first place when its so obvious how this is going to unfold?

As much as I like Crimson Guard, I don't see why NSO would come to their defense. Just because they have a doctrine that says they're willing to attack whoever whenever for whatever doesn't mean they're going to activate it and start a nuclear holocaust for just any old reason.

I think it was a poorly thought out trap.

NSO beatup RAD, IS was pissed about it. IS knows that NSO doesn't like them and have been trying to piss them off pretty constantly for a while now.

NSO has thier doctrine which states they could come to the defence of somebody attacked unjustly, so IS attacks somebody unjustly that seems to have no other protection available, yet somebody with enough OWF presence to make their unjust attack known. NSO dislikes IS so they'd come in swinging right?

Of course an 8 year old child could see that trap.

So you are saying that people in CN do not behave according to what is right and wrong, but mearly use events as an excuse to attack those they dislike?

Yes, this is frequently the case.

I'd like to thik I would stand up for what is right regardles of who was attacked. :huh:

The world could use a lot more of this attitude.

I think it was a poorly thought out trap.

NSO beatup RAD, IS was pissed about it. IS knows that NSO doesn't like them and have been trying to piss them off pretty constantly for a while now.

NSO has thier doctrine which states they could come to the defence of somebody attacked unjustly, so IS attacks somebody unjustly that seems to have no other protection available, yet somebody with enough OWF presence to make their unjust attack known. NSO dislikes IS so they'd come in swinging right?

Of course an 8 year old child could see that trap.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what they wanted to have happen. This seems like the mostly likely scenario to me. The "training exercise" theory makes little sense, because if that were the case it'd make a lot more sense to choose a more obscure micro alliance. One that has no forum activity. Instead they chose Crimson Guard because they wanted the attack to be noticed. Noticed by the Sith and acted upon.

As many times as this theory has been brought up, has anyone else noticed that no one from IS or PWN has come forward in an attempt to disprove or discredit it? I'm sure they will now since I've brought the fact up, but that's rather telling in itself, I think.

I'd say that theory sounds a little ridiculous, myself. It's just inviting for the would-be curbstompers to be curbstomped. I mean really. If this was a trap, you don't have to be Admiral Ackbar to figure it out.

Unless this is all a ploy by C&G to destroy Frostbite. Shoot, shouldn't have sai-

I'd say that theory sounds a little ridiculous, myself. It's just inviting for the would-be curbstompers to be curbstomped. I mean really. If this was a trap, you don't have to be Admiral Ackbar to figure it out.

Unless this is all a ploy by C&G to destroy Frostbite. Shoot, shouldn't have sai-

I never said it was a good trap.

Well, IS wanted to attack CG. That is the basis for all this. That alone in itself could be the driving force. The fact that multiple members of IS went and joined RAD during the fight with NSO shows that it really wasn't just a RAD/NSO war. It was atleast a RAD/IS vs NSO war, not sure if they had any of their other pink friends join them for it. I still think that at some point those pink guys wanted a war with NSO but they got outmaneuvered and didn't get to choose when that happened. So I would say that when they decided to attack CG they realized that they might get NSO to come in via the Doctrine and they would love for that to happen. I am pretty sure RAD and PC have known about this from the beginning and were ok with it.

How far down the ally chain this idea went though? We will probably never know.

Do I give them credit for going so far as to orchestrate another Great War? Well, it is possible but it would have been at great expense to themselves. Would those guys be willing to make that sacrifice in order to say they started a Great War? I suppose that is possible too. More likely though to me is that they thought if NSO came in on it's Doctrine of Optional Defense that perhaps the rest of Frostbite wouldn't have enacted their optional defense through frostbite except for.....oh yes that one other Frostbite alliance that they really do not like that has a seperate defensive treaty with NSO. Yes, I am talking STA. I am thinking they wanted us in the fight too.

Who knows, its all conjecture at this point and personal opinions and they dont seem ready to oblige us as to letting us know the truth. Maybe after all this is over they will let us know.