Statement from the Republic of the United Netherlands

DeRaadspensionaris

ww2-01.jpg

There was a deafening silence in the joint session of the States-General. One would be able to hear a leaf outside drop and the rain that was falling outside sounded to the gathered Representatives and dignitaries like a hurricane.

Then the two soldiers standing at the door saluted and the Federal President, who came in, faced a wall of applause- he quickly walked down to the rostra and started his speech:

The Raadspensionaris rose up and said:

"Ladies and gentlemen.. the Federal President."

The Federal President looked right into the camera when he started his speech:

Yesterday a verbal assault was carried out towards on our independence by the socalled Kingdom of Austria, perhaps more well

known to you as Bavaria who wants to recreate the old Holy Roman Empire and their claim is that they will do it peacefully.

We Dutch value our independence and we thought for it- and now we are fighting again. We may not like it but there it is.

At this moment Dutch troops together with troops from all over Europe and Asia are crossing the borders of Bavaria and we are

at war.

We had sworn to be neutral and we wanted to be neutral- for ever. But faith gave us little choice. Either we would have to fight

a battle for survival on our own and on our own soil, amongst our homes and in front of our relatives, our friends, our wives and

our children or we will fight it abroad in the company of many.

The Republic did this time not wait untill danger came knocking on her door- but decided to act and to act decisevely. We had no

choice and we have nothing to apologise for. Our independence, our entire of life and our survival as a people now hangs in the

balance and we will not faulter.

I ask all of you, to join me in a moment of prayer, for those fighting on the front, for our valliant allies, for those at the

homefront and freedom and victory:

Our Father, which art in heaven,

hallowed be thy name;

thy kingdom come;

thy will be done,

in earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses,

as we forgive them that trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation;

but deliver us from evil.

[For thine is the kingdom,

the power, and the glory,

for ever and ever.]

Amen.

Then with a sigh he drew his fountain pen and signed the Declaration of War on the Kingdom of Austria.

Edited by DeRaadspensionaris

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And so begins a pointless war. A neutral nation invading a nation that pledged that it would engage in no war for reasons of protection. Truly pointless. We are sorry to see war come to Europe once again, especially for so trivial a reason."

"Should cooler heads prevail, and you choose to take the right path by ending this war, Oslo is open for peace talks."

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

"The Empire wishes to remind the world we are not particpating in this to attack or incase the Austrians, but to merely embarce a peaceful alliance with European nations. We will not aid in a first strike against a nation that has made baseless claims."

EDIT: Holy! I just read the "Declares war on Austria" part. IC Response:

"The Empire condems any violence towards a nation whom has made a baseless, royal claims. If Austria wished to unite its Empire, Im sure we would already be defending our homes from attack."

Edited by Colerich Krieg

Austria's wish to include us in a HRE should be menace enough if it would be your country that is also on the menu.

"You seem to have forgotten the part where they have made no aggressive actions, no aggressive words, have pledged peace in Europe to fill the void the dissolution of the CEU left and have already stated that if you do not wish to be in the HRE they will not force you."

"You seem to have forgotten the part where they have made no aggressive actions, no aggressive words, have pledged peace in Europe to fill the void the dissolution of the CEU left and have already stated that if you do not wish to be in the HRE they will not force you."

"Although the Empire rarely agrees with New Zealand's statements, this one we can agree on."

(Sorry Sargun, I forgot which Nation you ruled. I thought I saw you leading a New zealand thread. If thats not it OOC reply me please so I can edit.)

It seems like your statesmen are uninformed off the situation in Europe. The entire Netherlands, minus perhaps a small corner of Flanders, was included in the Holy Roman Empire.

"While telling me that I am uninformed, you act as if I have statesmen able to comment while being oblivious of the strife we live in. The Holy Roman Empire has already stated that if you do not wish to join you will not. They have done absolutely nothing to the contrary. You claim to be neutral, yet you attack for no reason. You claim to be neutral, but you never once use diplomacy. You are a disgrace to neutrality."

Edited by Sargun

In a majority decision by the College, the Church condemns this move by the United Netherlands and also condemns its hypocrisy for praying to God that the HRE will be defeated when the United Netherlands, not the HRE, is at fault.

In a majority decision by the College, the Church condemns this move by the United Netherlands and also condemns its hypocrisy for praying to God that the HRE will be defeated when the United Netherlands, not the HRE, is at fault.

The Church should know better then to give open support to an imperialist state that wishes to use religion as a form of subjugation. We are praying for the survival of our nature while the enemy would use it to support their troops in subjugation.

The Church should know better then to give open support to an imperialist state that wishes to use religion as a form of subjugation. We are praying for the survival of our nature while the enemy would use it to support their troops in subjugation.

Your nation is not under direct threat, and your actions are reminiscent of those of Krieg's. Of which you and our nation condemned as antagonistic, and reckless. We urge you to examine the facts:

No official mobilization in Austria is being undertaken. The only issue at stake is a statement by the HRE to unify, peacefully or not at all, the lands of Netherlands. We ask why the Dutch are so fervently marching to war when the whole world seems dead set against them?

Edited by Yuthura Ban