Papa est mortuus. Porro ago Papa!

KingChris

Camerlengo Christopher Nguyen approached the bed with ten other Cardinals.

"Charles."

No response.

"Charles."

Again, no response.

"Charles."

Silence.

Cardinal Nguyen turned around and addressed the other ten Cardinals, "I now declare the Pope John Paul III dead." He took the Fisherman's Ring and the Papal Seal into his possession to by destroyed. The eleven silently walked out of the room and into a conference room filled with media. The Camerlengo slowly went up to the microphone and spoke, "Our Pontiff, Pope John Paul III, passed into the hands of God today. May He judge our beloved Pope with mercy. The funeral will be held six days from today here in Rome, and his will will be relased later this afternoon."

The eleven then exited the room, their faces focused on the floor, while LASER guards kept the media from bothering them with questions.

Edited by KingChris

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"On behalf of the Government of Disparu, I would like to express our deepest and sincere condolences and sympathy to the Vatican. Pope John Paul III shall be missed. I will declare a period of mourning in Disparu until the funeral of the Pope.

If we can, I, Lance Pikachurin, and my wife, Maylene Buizel-Pikachurin, as well as representatives of the Disparuean Government shall attend the funeral."

Edited by Pikachurin

"On behalf of the Government of Disparu, I would like to express our deepest and sincere condolences and sympathy to the Vatican. Pope John Paul III shall be missed. I will declare a period of mourning in Disparu until the funeral of the Pope.

If we can, I, Lance Pikachurin, and my wife, Maylene Buizel-Pikachurin, shall attend the funeral."

"New England seconds Disparu's statement. We give our deepest condolences to the Vatican."

The United Netherlands condemns the assassination and sends it's deepest condolences to the Vatican. The Republic, with it's large catholic population declares a period of mourning until the funeral of Hiss Holiness the Pope.

There is no evidence of any foul play present? And we offer our humble condolences for your loss.

OOC: Are they in the Vatican, btw? I seem to recall hearing they weren't granted that land, though i have no clue which area the Pope would reside in.

IC:

"Zargathia sends its condolences to the Vatican. Though Queen Tojimaru unfortunately cannot attend the funeral for personal reasons, she would like to send a representative from the Order of St John of Jerusalem in her stead. The plane should be underway as we speak."

OOC: Are they in the Vatican, btw? I seem to recall hearing they weren't granted that land, though i have no clue which area the Pope would reside in.

IC:

"Zargathia sends its condolences to the Vatican. Though Queen Tojimaru unfortunately cannot attend the funeral for personal reasons, she would like to send a representative from the Order of St John of Jerusalem in her stead. The plane should be underway as we speak."

OOC: No, they're not at the Vatican because it doesn't exist. They're at St. Peter's Basilica though.

IC: We thank you for all of your condolences.

His will was, well, short.

I, Karol Jozef Wojtyla, give my last will.

As Pope, I wish to simply be buried humbly in a cheap coffin at St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. The funeral music I desire is Mozart's requiem. All of my assets may go to the poor and needy. Ziggy may have my hat.

Well, we have no idea what he was talking about when he mentioned Ziggy and the mitre, but if Ziggy wants it, we'll give it to him. His other wishes will be granted. Since there is nothing else in his will, the Church will arrange the rest of his funeral set for the 26th. We ask that the heads of state of Minilla Island, Acca Dacca, Zargathia, New Englang, Promised Land, the Dragon Empire, Tahoe, Rebel Army, Viniland and the Hanseatic Commonwealth serve as pallbearers in respect of this person. Everyone in the world is invited to attend, but for non-government members, a security check will be required.

Edited by KingChris

I, Karol Jozef Wojtyla, give my last will.

As Pope, I wish to simply be buried humbly in a cheap coffin at St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. The funeral music I desire is Mozart's requiem. All of my assets may go to the poor and needy. Ziggy may have my hat.

OOC: I LOL'd. Now, to introduce a new force into play in my RP world. RPing is no fun unless you roll the dice a little, no?

IC: A phone call came into to the local area Police, on the other end a dark foreboding voice growled on, apparently masked by some form of voice technology besides calling in from a stolen cellular phone at an untraceable location some distance away.

???: You may call me Arascal, I am hear to turn in an anonymous tip, it concerns another figure connected with the assassination today. He may have even been seen at other locations recently and been connected at the other attack. His name, is Ziggy. Approach with extreme care and hostility, he is very armed and dangerous. I recommend that you kill on sight.

(An image of Ziggy is sent over the phone.)

???: See that he meets his proper justice. Let's just say that I am a friend. *click*

(Private on the other side)

Arascal: Of the darkness.

The dark cloaked figure with grey hair, unperched himself from the rock and from his thinly gloved hand dropped the phone in an effeminate manner to to the canyon below where it snapped and shattered. From an inside pocket he removed a picture of Ziggy, smiling eternally eyes closed in laughter as he Zarfef gave him a noogy on his still messed up crop of hair. With the twitch of his hand the picture danced in the sky as Arasacal removed a side arm and pierced it with several shots blowing paper and fringing the edges with flame. It spun to the earth smoldered with the smell of fresh gunpowder before Arascal crushed it underfoot and then stepped away to let it whisk off in the desert winds to be collected among the sand of ages, forgotten as he believed this "obstacle" would soon be as well.

Edited by Zarfef

There is no evidence of any foul play present? And we offer our humble condolences for your loss.

When an aircraft releases a bomb directly on top of you...is that foul play?

Well, we have no idea what he was talking about when he mentioned Ziggy and the mitre, but if Ziggy wants it, we'll give it to him. His other wishes will be granted. Since there is nothing else in his will, the Church will arrange the rest of his funeral set for the 26th. We ask that the heads of state of Minilla Island, Acca Dacca, Zargathia, New Englang, Promised Land, and the Hanseatic Commonwealth serve as pallbearers in respect of this person. Everyone in the world is invited to attend, but for non-government members, a security check will be required.

"I would be honored to serve as a pallbearer for this great man."

~Administrator Richard Anderson

Well, we have no idea what he was talking about when he mentioned Ziggy and the mitre, but if Ziggy wants it, we'll give it to him. His other wishes will be granted. Since there is nothing else in his will, the Church will arrange the rest of his funeral set for the 26th. We ask that the heads of state of Minilla Island, Acca Dacca, Zargathia, New Englang, Promised Land, and the Hanseatic Commonwealth serve as pallbearers in respect of this person. Everyone in the world is invited to attend, but for non-government members, a security check will be required.

Queen Tojimaru is honored to be asked as a pallbearer, and will attend. We will however arrive by boat, as the Queen suffers from fear of flying.

HRH King Raymond II has issued a Royal Decree:

"Today, the Holy Father, Pope John Paul III, has left the confines of Earthly existence to touch the face of God for all eternity. He was a guiding light to mankind, a beacon of hope to those who lost hope, a shining star to those in darkness, a mighty voice to those in silence. Today, the Royal Republic of Minilla Island declares 7 days of National mourning, with the day of the Holy Father's funeral to be a National Holiday. All Sunday laws will be enforced. All Military Class personnel and workers are exempt for obvious reasons. The Special Election for the 6 seats in the Halkevi will be postponed until September 10th

HRH King Raymond II, Queen Melinda, Prime Minister Kennish, and other prominent members of the Royal Family and Government will be in attendance at the Holy Father's funeral.

Now, let it be written, for those who played a role in the Holy Father's death, for those who aided and abetted these people, for Archbishop Wood and his cabal of heretics and charlatans, the Royal Republic will grant neither food, nor shelter, nor fire, nor water.

May Pope John Paul III rest in peace in the hands of God."

HRH King Raymond II

Edited by Minilla Island

HRH King Raymond II has issued a Royal Decree:

"Today, the Holy Father, Pope John Paul III, has left the confines of Earthly existence to touch the face of God for all eternity. He was a guiding light to mankind, a beacon of hope to those who lost hope, a shining star to those in darkness, a mighty voice to those in silence. Today, the Royal Republic of Minilla Island declares 7 days of National mourning, with the day of the Holy Father's funeral to be a National Holiday. All Sunday laws will be enforced. All Military Class personnel and workers are exempt for obvious reasons. The Special Election for the 6 seats in the Halkevi will be postponed until September 10th

HRH King Raymond II, Queen Melinda, Prime Minister Kennish, and other prominent members of the Royal Family and Government will be in attendance at the Holy Father's funeral.

Now, let it be written, for those who played a role in the Holy Father's death, for those who aided and abetted these people, for Archbishop Wood and his cabal of heretics and charlatans, the Royal Republic will grant neither food, nor shelter, nor fire, nor water.

May Pope John Paul III rest in peace in the hands of God."

HRH King Raymond II

We thank you for your support, but we ask that until after the election you disregard the actions agasint the late pope. This may also dissapoint you, but they're invited in respect of the Pope's dream of uniting the enitre world. Hopefully the world will be united in mourning for a great loss.

We also ask if you would care to serve as a pallbearer for the funeral.

We thank you for your support, but we ask that until after the election you disregard the actions agasint the late pope. This may also dissapoint you, but they're invited in respect of the Pope's dream of uniting the enitre world. Hopefully the world will be united in mourning for a great loss.

We also ask if you would care to serve as a pallbearer for the funeral.

I am very humbled by the request. It would be my honor to serve.

While we wish death upon no man, we can only hope that in his old-age, he turned to Arkvoodle.

We pray that Arkvoodle took this man's soul with him, to the End. May he forever rest in honorable peace, and may Dodecalypse be kept in his chains, bound to the core of the Earth, protected by Arkvoodle's Guardian, unable to snatch the pure-soul from Arkvoodle's End.

At 8:00 Roman time, the body of the late Pope was laid in state for all to see. Unfortunately, because of the Swiss Guard's recent absence, we had to dress up some LASER guards as Swiss Guards, but no worries! They will get a raise.

image001.jpg

The Pope lying in state with a crucifix.

Meanwhile, hundreds of people have showed up claiming to be the so called "Ziggy" that the late Pope pormised his mitre to. This will take awhile...