DAWN's 100 days anniversary

dawn5-2.PNG

100 days of freedom

Hello, people

The Democratic Alliance of Wise Nations celebrates its 100 day anniversary today. During this time, we have accomplished some remarkable achievements.

We grew 200% in member count, more than tripled our NS and recently crossed the 600k line.

More importantly, we made the vision of a free open community of friends committed to each other a living reality. In DAWN, all members are equal. We have no secrets in DAWN, no hidden forums. Our members are expected to be and are highly involved in everything we do. Should a dispute arise we settle them democratically, making sure that every member's voice is heard and without turning to personal attacks.

Dawn seeks to participate actively in Orange team politics and the growth and prosperity of the Orange team alliances.

I wish to use this opportunity to thank our protectors, the International.

On behalf of the whole Democratic Alliance of Wise Nations

Golan 1st, Triumvir

shilo, Triumvir

Booter, Triumvir

First: I want to thank INT for giving 3 exODN members a protectorate before even our forum was completed, for giving us a chance when it really wasn't sure where we would end up.

It has been a great 100 first days for me.

It was always exciting and challenging, and most of all a lot of fun.

I am happy to be among this great community of friends that DAWN is above all, I am proud how far we have come from a unsure beginning, starting with the three of us, without knowing what would happen, who if any would join us.

I want to thank our friends in the many OT alliances that have treated us with respect and friendship while not few people didn't even think we would make it as far as a week.

A shoutout goes to IRON, whose members populate our IRC channel more than any other alliance, with the most active embassy, and really great people that from day one treated us like friends and with respect.

You guys are great people :)

Edited by shilo

I did not know you folks yet, but congrats.

The concept of full democracy, although to be applauded, always makes me think of this one particular quote from [OOC]Animal farm[/OOC] "All animals are equal, but ... "

Drop by on #GGA or our forums for a talk

I did not know you folks yet, but congrats.

The concept of full democracy, although to be applauded, always makes me think of this one particular quote from [OOC]Animal farm[/OOC] "All animals are equal, but ... "

Drop by on #GGA or our forums for a talk

A full democracy with reliable and active members, in our case good friends too, works extremely well.

TOP proves that democracy by no means cancels out success, rather the quality of membership does that. And that can be good or bad in a democracy or an autocratic alliance.

Well, it was a close second when we were considering a name, but then Fran came along and she got all feminist about it  <_<

Yes with Frannie we probably have the highest percentage of female members of any alliance.

Damn up by two today.